|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what tube did Garraty have for dinner?
(b) Processed tuna fish.
(c) Pork paste.
2. Who says, "Just go on dancing with me like this forever"?
3. Why was everyone disappointed with Caribou in Chapter 4?
(a) Because it was raining.
(b) Because there were no crowds.
(c) Because it was just like Limestone.
(d) Because no one was shot.
4. How long has it been since Garraty has seen his father?
(a) Three years.
(b) Eleven years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Five years.
5. Which Walker says he weighs 167?
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is mentioned in Chapter 2 as seven miles away?
2. Whose rain hat flapped obscenely in a back pocket?
3. How old is Garraty?
4. Who was placed in a police cruiser in Chapter 4?
5. Who says, "We want to die, that's why we're doing it"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Garraty think of Stebbins as the "lean Buddha"?
2. What happened two years ago at the marker post that Olson points to?
3. Who is number 45, and what happens to him?
4. What is the half-track?
5. What happened to Baker's brother?
6. How does McVries end up with a scar on his face?
7. What happens with Hint 10 in Chapter 3?
8. Describe Garraty's mother.
9. Describe the boy in the pine tree in Chapter 1.
10. What causes the boys to collectively groan in Chapter 4 and why?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)