|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Conserve energy whenever possible" is which hint?
(a) Hint Thirteen.
(b) Hint Nineteen.
(c) Hint Five.
(d) Hint One.
2. What does Rank do to Barkovitch that is forbidden by the rules?
(a) Knocks Barkovitch down.
(b) Helps Barkovitch walk.
(c) Takes a swing at Barkovitch.
(d) Gives Barkovitch a drink.
3. How many warnings does Garraty have when they are almost at 50 miles?
4. Who says that Porterville is the only town where there are more graveyards than people?
(b) Garraty's father.
(c) The Major.
(d) Garraty's mother.
5. When was Garraty's first real kiss and with whom?
(a) Christmas almost half a year ago with Jan.
(b) A girl he knew in sixth grade.
(c) After the race started, with the girl on the roadside.
(d) Before he left for the walk; with Jan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the other boys about enemas?
2. Where do the boys expect to see the ocean?
3. Why is Garraty fascinated by Scramm?
4. In Chapter 2, who says, "I have no idea what I'll want if I do win this"?
5. Why does McVries get a warning in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boy in the pine tree in Chapter 1.
2. How does McVries end up with a scar on his face?
3. Garraty begins half-dozing while walking after leaving Caribou. What images go through his mind?
4. What happens with Hint 10 in Chapter 3?
5. What does Harkness want to do when the Long Walk ends?
6. What causes the boys to collectively groan in Chapter 4 and why?
7. What happens to Walker number 9?
8. Garraty feels a superior gratification in Chapter 6. Why?
9. What happens to Percy's mother in Chapter 3?
10. Who are the first spectators that the Walkers see soon after 5 a.m. in Chapter 6?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)