|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garraty tell the other boys about his father?
(a) His dad beat his mom.
(b) His dad died.
(c) His dad was a Walker.
(d) His dad was Squaded.
2. Garraty recalls reading a story in eighth grade about the crowds that gather at fatal accidents. Who wrote the story?
(a) Isaac Asimov.
(b) Ray Bradbury.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Stephen King.
3. What does the abandoned, crumbling building have written across it?
(a) Good luck, Walkers.
(b) Eureka Grange No. 81.
(c) Garraty is our man!
(d) Out of business.
4. What embarrasses Number 31 in Chapter 2?
(a) Tripping over his shoelaces.
(b) Getting the first warning of the Long Walk.
(c) Being called "fatso" by another boy.
(d) His mother calling his name.
5. Who asks the other boys about enemas?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many warnings does Garraty have when they are almost at 50 miles?
2. What number is Garraty?
3. In Chapter 3, why is Stebbins walking hunched over?
4. What is compared to old silk in Chapter 1?
5. Who brought raw hamburger for the walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McVries end up with a scar on his face?
2. Why does Garraty receive a warning in Chapter 1?
3. What happens to Curley in Chapter 2?
4. Who is number 45, and what happens to him?
5. What food does Garraty wish for in Chapter 7?
6. What does Harkness want to do when the Long Walk ends?
7. What greets the Walkers when they walk into Caribou city limits?
8. What causes Garraty to almost lose it in Chapter 8, and how does McVries help him?
9. What happens to Percy's mother in Chapter 3?
10. What happened two years ago at the marker post that Olson points to?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)