|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is writing down everyone's name and number at the beginning and for what purpose?
(a) Barkovitch in order to tell them all that he will dance on their graves.
(b) Harkness wants to write a book.
(c) Curley is keeping a record of everyone.
(d) Baker wants to meet all the Walkers.
2. What kind of car does Ray Garraty drive up in?
(a) White Chevrolet.
(b) Blue Ford.
(c) Black pickup truck.
(d) Green Jeep.
3. What does Garraty tell the other boys about his father?
(a) His dad was Squaded.
(b) His dad beat his mom.
(c) His dad died.
(d) His dad was a Walker.
4. What number is Garraty?
5. What does Garraty call the twelve miles of zigzag roads in Chapter 7?
(a) Trucker's Hell.
(b) Augusta Forest.
(c) Hainesville Woods.
(d) Maine Switchback.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is mentioned in Chapter 2 as seven miles away?
2. In Chapter 4, who sits down at the top of the hill, saying that he only wants to rest?
3. Who says, "My home is Barsoom, Mars"?
4. Who brought raw hamburger for the walk?
5. Whose rain hat flapped obscenely in a back pocket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins with Davidson's story about the hoochie-kooch tent?
2. How does McVries end up with a scar on his face?
3. Who is number 45, and what happens to him?
4. What greets the Walkers when they walk into Caribou city limits?
5. Who are the first spectators that the Walkers see soon after 5 a.m. in Chapter 6?
6. Sum up what the boys have to say about love and death in Chapter 4.
7. What happens to the boy named Travin?
8. What causes Garraty to almost lose it in Chapter 8, and how does McVries help him?
9. Describe McVries' breakdown in Chapter 6.
10. Garraty feels a superior gratification in Chapter 6. Why?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)