|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the soldier wearing on his wrist?
(d) Solid-state computer with a sonar device.
2. Who knows no fatigue in Chapter 11?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The brothers.
3. Where in Freeport is Garraty expecting to see Jan and his mother?
(a) Free Trade Center Market.
(b) High school.
(c) Corner of Main and Elm.
(d) Bigelow's Corner Store.
4. Who receives his ticket during a hailstorm?
5. What do Garraty's legs feel like after climbing a hill in Chapter 10?
(a) Pins and needles.
6. After an almost pink streak in the sky, what did the air smell like?
7. In Chapter 15, Garraty realizes he must go on for what reason?
(a) Because he is Maine's Own.
(b) Because otherwise he's be shot.
(c) To make Jan proud.
(d) To make his father proud.
8. What three Walkers did people from out-of-state cheer for?
(a) Barkovitch, Pearson, Wyman.
(b) Parker, McVries, Johnson.
(c) Scramm, Baker, Abraham.
(d) Olson, Abraham, Washington.
9. Who says, "None of us really has anything to lose. That makes it easier to give away"?
10. What number was Abraham drawn as from the list of Walkers?
11. What headline does Garraty imagine seeing about Olson?
(a) LONG WALKER ESCAPES.
(b) LONG WALK WON BY DEAD MAN.
(c) LONG WALKER STARVES TO DEATH.
(d) LONG WALK PARTICIPANT FILLED WITH 100 HOLES.
12. Who keeps moving after being shot multiple times in Chapter 10?
13. Where did McVries and his girlfriend work?
(a) Gas station.
(b) Button factory.
(c) Pajama factory.
(d) Convenience store.
14. Who describes his feet as having migraines in Chapter 15?
15. According to Stebbins, the average housewife walks how many miles a day without realizing it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garraty compare the crowd in Augusta to?
2. What is the big highway?
3. Whom does the woman scream for at the end of Chapter 10?
4. What is the date when the Walkers pass through Oldtown?
5. What does the yellow sky make Garraty think of?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)