|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Garraty to receive his second warning in Chapter 11?
(a) Stopping for a bowel movement.
(b) Tripping and trying to get back up.
(c) Falling asleep.
(d) Helping Scramm.
2. What is the big highway?
(a) Interstate 10.
(b) U.S. 110.
(c) U.S. 1.
(d) Interstate 5.
3. Who says, "he died like a bug under a microscope"?
4. Why was one of the women in the crowd a standout in Chapter 11?
(a) Because she is singing.
(b) Because she's hold a crow in its cage.
(c) Because she has no legs.
(d) Because she is announcing her candidacy for major.
5. What did Barkovitch used to carry around at high school for protection?
(a) Pepper spray.
6. What two Walkers sit down on the road in Chapter 12?
(a) Pearson and Scramm.
(b) Joe and Scramm.
(c) Mike and Joe.
(d) Scramm and Mike.
7. In Chapter 11, who says, "God help us an' points south"?
8. What does Garraty's spine feel like in Chapter 14?
(a) Splintered broomstick.
(b) Pins and needles.
(c) Blue rod of fire.
9. What road do the Walkers take out of Augusta?
(a) County Road 112.
(b) U.S. 202.
(c) Interstate 10.
(d) Highway 3.
10. What does Garraty compare the crowd in Augusta to?
(a) A sea of blank faces.
(b) The roar of the jungle.
(c) A storm of immense magnitude.
(d) A god that will devour them all.
11. During Chapter 15, who begins to remember all the first nice things that have happened to him in his life?
12. What number was Abraham drawn as from the list of Walkers?
13. What does Garraty tell McVries about Barkovitch winning in Chapter 9?
(a) "Maybe it takes a bastard to win."
(b) "Barkovitch is cracking."
(c) "He's going to win."
(d) "I think he's got a pulled muscle."
14. In Chapter 15, what Walker begins screaming repeatedly?
15. In Chapter 15, Garraty realizes he must go on for what reason?
(a) To make his father proud.
(b) Because he is Maine's Own.
(c) To make Jan proud.
(d) Because otherwise he's be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college do the young men who make a human pyramid attend?
2. Garraty remembers getting water cramps once after drinking a lot of ice-cold water. What activity had made him so thirsty?
3. According to Pearson, who wants to be hurt?
4. Who knows no fatigue in Chapter 11?
5. What is the soldier wearing on his wrist?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)