|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garraty compare the crowd in Augusta to?
(a) The roar of the jungle.
(b) A sea of blank faces.
(c) A storm of immense magnitude.
(d) A god that will devour them all.
2. How much time did McVries have from the time he was notified until the walk would start?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) One hour.
3. What is the soldier wearing on his wrist?
(d) Solid-state computer with a sonar device.
4. What state is Scramm from?
5. What causes Garraty to stumble when walking on the median in Chapter 11?
(a) The sole of his shoe.
(b) A hole.
(c) Pine trees.
(d) A rock.
6. According to Stebbins, the average housewife walks how many miles a day without realizing it?
7. In Chapter 11, Garraty dozes and hears "Are you experienced?" repeated over and over. Garraty thinks the voice is either Stebbins or who?
(a) Jimi Hendrix.
(c) The Major.
(d) His father.
8. In Chapter 9, the word is that the walk is going to go as far as where?
(b) New Hampshire.
9. Who receives his ticket during a hailstorm?
10. What are Abraham and Baker doing when Chapter 13 begins?
(a) Getting their third warnings.
(b) Throwing up.
(c) Matching dimes.
11. What three Walkers did people from out-of-state cheer for?
(a) Scramm, Baker, Abraham.
(b) Barkovitch, Pearson, Wyman.
(c) Parker, McVries, Johnson.
(d) Olson, Abraham, Washington.
12. What day of the week was it that Garraty found out that he was selected for the Walk?
13. Who knows no fatigue in Chapter 11?
(a) The brothers.
(c) The crowd.
14. How do the Walkers plan on responding to what awaits them on the entrance ramp of the turnpike in Chapter 11?
(a) Ignoring it.
(b) Mooning the crowd.
(c) A forty-six man raspberry.
(d) By standing in place.
15. What are Veazie and Winterport, mentioned in Chapter 12?
(a) Names of Walkers.
(b) Names on overhead signs seen during the night.
(c) Street names.
(d) Old friends of Garraty that he dreams about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date when the Walkers pass through Oldtown?
2. Why was one of the women in the crowd a standout in Chapter 11?
3. Who gets gut cramps in Chapter 12?
4. What did Barkovitch used to carry around at high school for protection?
5. Garraty remembers getting water cramps once after drinking a lot of ice-cold water. What activity had made him so thirsty?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)