|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After an almost pink streak in the sky, what did the air smell like?
2. Whom does Garraty first ask about helping Scramm's wife?
3. What does Barkovitch say that he wants as his prize?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) Plastic feet.
(d) To never walk again.
4. Who receives his ticket during a hailstorm?
5. What does Garraty tell McVries about Barkovitch winning in Chapter 9?
(a) "Barkovitch is cracking."
(b) "He's going to win."
(c) "Maybe it takes a bastard to win."
(d) "I think he's got a pulled muscle."
6. In Chapter 11, who says, "God help us an' points south"?
7. According to Pearson, who wants to be hurt?
8. What state is Scramm from?
9. What number was Abraham drawn as from the list of Walkers?
10. What does the soldier who gives Garraty his third warning look like?
(a) Older with white blond hair.
(b) Young and dark.
(c) Young and blond.
(d) Middle-age and graying.
11. Who says, "he died like a bug under a microscope"?
12. Who says, "I still want to live" in Chapter 11?
13. Whom does the woman scream for at the end of Chapter 10?
14. How do the Walkers plan on responding to what awaits them on the entrance ramp of the turnpike in Chapter 11?
(a) A forty-six man raspberry.
(b) By standing in place.
(c) Ignoring it.
(d) Mooning the crowd.
15. What tribe are the two brothers members of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Garraty to stumble when walking on the median in Chapter 11?
2. Who is Garraty's mother's friend who tries to talk him out of the race and what does he do for a living?
3. According to Stebbins, the average housewife walks how many miles a day without realizing it?
4. Baker talks about which of his aunts with the others?
5. In Chapter 11, Garraty dozes and hears "Are you experienced?" repeated over and over. Garraty thinks the voice is either Stebbins or who?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)