|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pearson, who wants to be hurt?
2. What are Veazie and Winterport, mentioned in Chapter 12?
(a) Street names.
(b) Names of Walkers.
(c) Old friends of Garraty that he dreams about.
(d) Names on overhead signs seen during the night.
3. According to Stebbins, the average housewife walks how many miles a day without realizing it?
4. In Chapter 15, what Walker begins screaming repeatedly?
5. What does Garraty tell McVries about Barkovitch winning in Chapter 9?
(a) "Barkovitch is cracking."
(b) "He's going to win."
(c) "Maybe it takes a bastard to win."
(d) "I think he's got a pulled muscle."
6. When the Walkers are only thirteen miles from Freeport, how many Walkers remain?
7. Who wants a lead sleeve in their coffin so that the rats don't get to him?
8. Who says to Garraty, "you're the bee's knees"?
9. What Walker received his ticket in Augusta in the midst of the cheering?
10. What is the big highway?
(a) Interstate 10.
(b) Interstate 5.
(c) U.S. 110.
(d) U.S. 1.
11. What state is Scramm from?
12. Where did McVries and his girlfriend work?
(a) Pajama factory.
(b) Button factory.
(c) Gas station.
(d) Convenience store.
13. What number was Abraham drawn as from the list of Walkers?
14. Who describes his feet as having migraines in Chapter 15?
15. What does the yellow sky make Garraty think of?
(b) A sunny day.
(c) A sandstorm.
(d) A tornado sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baker talks about which of his aunts with the others?
2. What is on the t-shirt of the boy in the crowd who points out Scramm?
3. What is Scramm most likely ill with?
4. What college do the young men who make a human pyramid attend?
5. Why do the boys talk about snuff in Chapter 13?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)