|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes his feet as having migraines in Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 11, Garraty dozes and hears "Are you experienced?" repeated over and over. Garraty thinks the voice is either Stebbins or who?
(a) Jimi Hendrix.
(b) The Major.
(c) His father.
3. Where do the brothers come from?
(c) New York.
(d) New Mexico.
4. What is on the t-shirt of the boy in the crowd who points out Scramm?
(a) Randy the Robot.
(b) A lion.
(c) Visit Maine.
(d) Sesame Street.
5. What does Garraty's spine feel like in Chapter 14?
(a) Splintered broomstick.
(b) Blue rod of fire.
(d) Pins and needles.
6. What does the yellow sky make Garraty think of?
(a) A tornado sky.
(c) A sunny day.
(d) A sandstorm.
7. Who says, "I still want to live" in Chapter 11?
8. Who is Garraty's mother's friend who tries to talk him out of the race and what does he do for a living?
(a) Mr. McBain, school principal.
(b) Dr. Gerard, pediatrician.
(c) Dr. Patterson, diagnostician.
(d) Mr. Fields, lawyer.
9. What does Parker call the crowds in Augusta?
10. Where did McVries and his girlfriend work?
(a) Button factory.
(b) Gas station.
(c) Convenience store.
(d) Pajama factory.
11. What is the soldier wearing on his wrist?
(a) Solid-state computer with a sonar device.
12. What day of the week was it that Garraty found out that he was selected for the Walk?
13. Whom does Garraty first ask about helping Scramm's wife?
14. Who keeps moving after being shot multiple times in Chapter 10?
15. According to Stebbins, the average housewife walks how many miles a day without realizing it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jan waving when Garraty first sees her?
2. Baker talks about which of his aunts with the others?
3. What approximate time did the Walkers reach Oldtown?
4. What causes Garraty to receive his second warning in Chapter 11?
5. Where in Freeport is Garraty expecting to see Jan and his mother?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)