|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Day serve when her child was baptized?
2. What was Day’s first impression of Peter?
3. What was much of Peter’s savings used for?
4. What did Day do when she encountered things in the church she did not understand?
5. What kind of houses did Peter create?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Day hope readers would take from this book?
2. What surprised Day at Steve’s death?
3. What connection did Day have with Eleanor Roosevelt?
4. What big decision did Day make when she had her baby?
5. What had Peter been heavily involved in before meeting Day?
6. What did Day see about her early Catholicism when she looked back on it?
7. What caused Day to start praying daily?
8. What did Day do at these retreats?
9. What did Peter help Day learn about?
10. What gave Day comfort about Peter’s death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Day’s marriage fell apart, causing her a lot of confusion. What happened to end this marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Day was ashamed of the way she took comfort in while in prison. How did she find comfort, and why was she so ashamed?
Essay Topic 3
Day spoke of regrets she had about her life despite how happy she was. What were these regrets, and how did she respond to them?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)