|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Day say Archbishops should fight for?
2. How did Day say people took advantage of the Catholic Worker staff?
3. Why did Peter say men should study and discuss?
4. What did Day like most about her first Catholic Retreat?
5. Whose example did Day want to follow when working with the poor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Peter been heavily involved in before meeting Day?
2. What made Day so nervous to have a baby?
3. What big decision did Day make when she had her baby?
4. How did Day’s relationship with Forster end?
5. What did Peter help Day learn about?
6. What changes did Day help to make through protests?
7. Who was Steve?
8. How did Tamar end up in life?
9. What connection did Day have with Eleanor Roosevelt?
10. What did Day do at these retreats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Day’s father tried hard to protect his family from what he saw wrong in the world. How did he go about this, and what affect did this have on Day?
Essay Topic 2
Day described her journey to religion in this book. What was this journey like and how did it begin?
Essay Topic 3
Day held many writing jobs in different capacities throughout her career. What were some of these different positions and what did she learn from them?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)