|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Father Hugh say was most important for man to have?
2. How old was Tamar when she got married?
3. What did some people around Day say practicing Philosophy was?
4. What caused Day to pray daily?
5. What made Forster angry when he was with Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Peter been heavily involved in before meeting Day?
2. What was Day’s first impression of Peter?
3. How did Peter’s ideas of study interfere with his other beliefs?
4. What difficulty did the Catholic Worker face when Peter died?
5. What were Forster’s political beliefs?
6. What caused Day to start praying daily?
7. Why did Day move to California for a time?
8. What was the relationship like between Day and Forster?
9. How did Peter die?
10. How does Day say people should show their love for God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Day made some very important decisions after she had her baby. What were some of these changes, and why did having a child bring them about?
Essay Topic 2
Purity is a main theme of this book. How is this theme presented, and why would this be so central in a plot like this?
Essay Topic 3
Day talked a lot about how she showed her love for God. How did she do this, and how do you think this would change your own life?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)