|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Day and Peter have to work out when they began working together?
2. Why did Forster have a hard time relating with poor people?
3. How old was Tamar when she got married?
4. What kind of houses did Peter create?
5. Where did Day meet Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Peter been heavily involved in before meeting Day?
2. How did the Catholic Worker overcome the difficulty they faced when Peter died?
3. What connection did Day have with Eleanor Roosevelt?
4. What difficulty did the Catholic Worker face when Peter died?
5. What was the relationship like between Day and Forster?
6. What caused Day to start praying daily?
7. What criticism did the Catholic Worker receive when it first began?
8. What surprised Day at Steve’s death?
9. What did Day do at these retreats?
10. What made Day so nervous to have a baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Day’s marriage fell apart, causing her a lot of confusion. What happened to end this marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Day described her journey to religion in this book. What was this journey like and how did it begin?
Essay Topic 3
Day gave a description of how she felt service should be given. How did she say we should serve others, and what was her reason for this?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)