|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Day’s first impression of Peter?
2. What kind of Community did Peter and Day create?
3. How many children did Tamar have?
4. What did Day do when her child was born?
5. What did Day say a love of God was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Long Loneliness Day spoke of?
2. How did Peter die?
3. What had Peter been heavily involved in before meeting Day?
4. How did the Catholic Worker overcome the difficulty they faced when Peter died?
5. How did Tamar end up in life?
6. How did Day’s relationship with Forster end?
7. What did Day say about Peter’s life after his death?
8. What did Day do at these retreats?
9. What did Day see about her early Catholicism when she looked back on it?
10. What changes did Day help to make through protests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Day made some very important decisions after she had her baby. What were some of these changes, and why did having a child bring them about?
Essay Topic 2
Many different political ideas are spoken of in this book. What are some of these ideas, and how do they relate to each other?
Essay Topic 3
Day’s father tried hard to protect his family from what he saw wrong in the world. How did he go about this, and what affect did this have on Day?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)