|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the people at the New York Call rarely attack religion?
2. How did Day dress while working at the New York Call?
3. What Revolution did Day celebrate?
4. How did Day feel about her source of comfort while in prison?
5. What kind of things did Day work to change when she first moved to New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made confession hard for Day?
2. What was in the letter reprinted by Day?
3. What were the results of the agitations Day was involved in?
4. How did Day support herself when she first left home?
5. What did Day do the first time she visited the White House?
6. What was Day imprisoned for?
7. What did Day’s father do for a living, and how did this affect his treatment of his family?
8. What was Day exposed to for the first time through her friendship with Raph and Reyna?
9. How did Day’s family feel about religion growing up?
10. How did Day’s father show his intolerance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
The war changed a lot in Day’s life. How did it do this, and how did she respond to these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Day had a very different lifestyle before she came to religion. How does her life before and after this acceptance of religion differ from her life with religion?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)