|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Day have a hard time writing this book?
2. How did Day’s father feel about the radical movement?
3. What surprised Day about her living expenses in New York?
4. Why was it strange that Day spent so much of her childhood alone?
5. What was the first church Day attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Day write about mostly when she first moved to New York?
2. What changed in Day’s life after the earthquake?
3. What did Day do the first time she visited the White House?
4. What made confession hard for Day?
5. What was in the letter reprinted by Day?
6. How did Day’s father show his intolerance?
7. What was Day exposed to for the first time through her friendship with Raph and Reyna?
8. What was the first job Day held in New York City?
9. How did Day support herself when she first left home?
10. What were the results of the agitations Day was involved in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Day’s marriage fell apart, causing her a lot of confusion. What happened to end this marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Purity is a main theme of this book. How is this theme presented, and why would this be so central in a plot like this?
Essay Topic 3
Day had a very interesting political journey. How did her political ideas change throughout the book, and what caused this?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)