|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Catholic principal was Day’s societal philosophies similar to?
2. How many siblings did Day have?
3. How long did Day work at the hospital?
4. What philosophy was Day’s first as a child?
5. What were the owners of The Masses suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the letter reprinted by Day?
2. What was Day imprisoned for?
3. What did Day do the first time she visited the White House?
4. What was Day exposed to for the first time through her friendship with Raph and Reyna?
5. What happened when Day read The Jungle?
6. What changed in Day’s life after the earthquake?
7. How did Day say she viewed this book at the beginning?
8. What went wrong between Raph and Rayna?
9. What was The Masses?
10. How did Day’s family feel about religion growing up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Day had a very different lifestyle before she came to religion. How does her life before and after this acceptance of religion differ from her life with religion?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one?
Essay Topic 3
Purity is a main theme of this book. How is this theme presented, and why would this be so central in a plot like this?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)