|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity was Ralph?
2. What kind of man did Day think Tolstoy was?
3. How did Day feel about her baby brother?
4. What did Day learn a lot about while working with the Red Cross?
5. How many parts did Day say she broke her life up into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made confession hard for Day?
2. What went wrong between Raph and Rayna?
3. What did Day do the first time she visited the White House?
4. How did Day say she viewed this book at the beginning?
5. How did Day feel about Emma Goldman, and why?
6. What was Day imprisoned for?
7. What was the first job Day held in New York City?
8. How did Day feel when she first read the Bible?
9. What did Day write about mostly when she first moved to New York?
10. What caused Day’s mother to have to take on more work at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one?
Essay Topic 2
Day talked a lot about how she showed her love for God. How did she do this, and how do you think this would change your own life?
Essay Topic 3
Day’s father tried hard to protect his family from what he saw wrong in the world. How did he go about this, and what affect did this have on Day?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)