|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sins did Day not like using at confession?
2. Why did the people at the New York Call rarely attack religion?
(a) It was sacred
(b) They knew their audience
(c) They were indifferent
(d) They knew too little about it
3. What got results when Day was in the radical group?
4. What did Day NOT want to rely on while suffering in prison?
(b) Her beliefs
(c) Their future
(d) Other women
5. What kind of publication was the New York Call?
(a) A pamphlet
(b) A newsletter
(c) A magazine
(d) A newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings did Day have?
2. What drew Day to Catholicism?
3. What was the first church Day attended?
4. What happened to some of Day’s friends when the draft was put in place?
5. What made Day feel rushed at confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the letter reprinted by Day?
2. Who was Trotsky, and how did Day meet him?
3. What did Day write about mostly when she first moved to New York?
4. How did Day say she viewed this book at the beginning?
5. What did Day’s father do for a living, and how did this affect his treatment of his family?
6. What happened when Day read The Jungle?
7. What was Day exposed to for the first time through her friendship with Raph and Reyna?
8. What changed in Day’s life after the earthquake?
9. How did Day feel about Emma Goldman, and why?
10. What made confession hard for Day?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)