|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Day stay when first attending Mass?
(a) The doorway
(b) The middle pew
(c) The back of the room
(d) The stairs
2. How many parts did Day say she broke her life up into?
3. What caused Day’s mother to have to work?
(a) A child got sick
(b) Her father wrote a novel
(c) They moved
(d) They needed more money
4. What drew Day to Catholicism?
(a) Many poor people were Catholic
(b) She felt peaceful at Church
(c) The people were nice
(d) For all the reasons listed here
5. What made Day feel rushed at confession?
(a) Her long list of sins
(b) A busy schedule
(c) Long lines
(d) The tired priest
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people ran The Masses?
2. What natural disaster did Day live through?
3. How often did the New York Call go to print?
4. What ethnicity was Ralph?
5. What book opened Day’s eyes up about the Industrial movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Day’s family feel about religion growing up?
2. How did Day say she viewed this book at the beginning?
3. How did Day’s father show his intolerance?
4. What was The Masses?
5. What caused Day’s mother to have to take on more work at home?
6. How did Day support herself when she first left home?
7. What did Day’s father do for a living, and how did this affect his treatment of his family?
8. What happened when Day read The Jungle?
9. What changed in Day’s life after the earthquake?
10. What was in the letter reprinted by Day?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)