|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Day say her father was so racist?
(a) He had some bad past experiences
(b) He fought in the war
(c) He grew up in the South
(d) He worked in the news industry
2. Where did Day’s family move after the natural disaster?
(d) New York
3. What book opened Day’s eyes up about the Industrial movement?
(a) Little Dorrit
(b) The Jungle
(c) War and Peace
4. What philosophy was Day’s first as a child?
(a) The philosophy of faith
(b) The philosophy of service
(c) The philosophy of work
(d) The philosophy of love
5. What did Day’s father not allow in his home?
(c) Any of these things
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Day feel about confession?
2. What was Day’s job at the New York Call?
3. What natural disaster did Day live through?
4. What did Day learn a lot about while working with the Red Cross?
5. What kind of publication was the New York Call?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Day feel when she was exposed to Tolstoi?
2. What was Day imprisoned for?
3. What was in the letter reprinted by Day?
4. What caused Day’s mother to have to take on more work at home?
5. What was Day exposed to for the first time through her friendship with Raph and Reyna?
6. What did Day write about mostly when she first moved to New York?
7. How did Day’s family feel about religion growing up?
8. How did Day’s father show his intolerance?
9. What were the results of the agitations Day was involved in?
10. How did Day feel when she first read the Bible?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)