|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Catholic principal was Day’s societal philosophies similar to?
(a) The Law of Hierarchy
(b) The Law of Distribution
(c) The Law of Consecration
(d) The Law of Chastity
2. What got results when Day was in the radical group?
3. How many siblings did Day have?
4. What kind of things did Day work to change when she first moved to New York?
(a) Stopping evictions
(b) Opposing wars
(c) Lowering wages
(d) Building schools
5. Why did the people at the New York Call rarely attack religion?
(a) They knew their audience
(b) It was sacred
(c) They knew too little about it
(d) They were indifferent
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Day serve after living through a natural disaster?
2. What kind of publication was the New York Call?
3. What did Day picket the White House for?
4. Where did Day stay when first attending Mass?
5. What did Day say she was confessing with this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What went wrong between Raph and Rayna?
2. What did Day write about mostly when she first moved to New York?
3. What was Day imprisoned for?
4. How did Day feel about Emma Goldman, and why?
5. What were the results of the agitations Day was involved in?
6. How did Day support herself when she first left home?
7. What caused Day’s mother to have to take on more work at home?
8. What did Day do the first time she visited the White House?
9. How did Day say she viewed this book at the beginning?
10. How did Day’s father show his intolerance?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)