|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Day feel rushed at confession?
(a) A busy schedule
(b) Long lines
(c) Her long list of sins
(d) The tired priest
2. How did Day dress while working at the New York Call?
3. What kind of sins did Day not like using at confession?
4. When Day was in prison, what did she say really kept her from being free?
(a) Having two opposing beliefs
(b) Being away from her family
(c) Knowing others were suffering
(d) Being in love with two men
5. What book opened Day’s eyes up about the Industrial movement?
(b) Little Dorrit
(c) The Jungle
(d) War and Peace
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to some of Day’s friends when the draft was put in place?
2. What ethnicity was Ralph?
3. What drew Day to Catholicism?
4. What bothered Day about the people in the Episcopalian church?
5. What did Day NOT want to rely on while suffering in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Day feel when she first read the Bible?
2. How did Day’s father show his intolerance?
3. How did Day say she viewed this book at the beginning?
4. How did Day comfort herself in prison, and how did this make her feel?
5. How did Day’s father treat his family?
6. What changed in Day’s life after the earthquake?
7. What happened when Day read The Jungle?
8. What were the results of the agitations Day was involved in?
9. What went wrong between Raph and Rayna?
10. How did Day support herself when she first left home?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)