|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Day say man was most himself?
(a) When he was broken
(b) When worshipping God
(c) When he thought he was alone
(d) When he was making love
2. What got results when Day was in the radical group?
3. What did Day’s father not allow in his home?
(a) Any of these things
4. How often did the New York Call go to print?
5. Why was it strange that Day spent so much of her childhood alone?
(a) Her father was always home
(b) She was nice to everyone
(c) She was very social
(d) She had siblings
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Day related to Donald?
2. How long did Day work at the hospital?
3. What was Day’s job at the New York Call?
4. What Catholic principal was Day’s societal philosophies similar to?
5. Where did Day move when she was first on her own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Day’s father show his intolerance?
2. How did Day say she viewed this book at the beginning?
3. How did Day comfort herself in prison, and how did this make her feel?
4. What did Day do the first time she visited the White House?
5. What made confession hard for Day?
6. What was Day imprisoned for?
7. What did Day write about mostly when she first moved to New York?
8. How did Day feel when she was exposed to Tolstoi?
9. How did Day support herself when she first left home?
10. What caused Day’s mother to have to take on more work at home?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)