|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts did Day say she broke her life up into?
2. Why did Day say her father was so racist?
(a) He grew up in the South
(b) He fought in the war
(c) He worked in the news industry
(d) He had some bad past experiences
3. What kind of man did Day think Tolstoy was?
4. What was Day’s favorite part of the Bible?
(a) The Proverbs
(b) The Commandments
(c) The Beatitudes
(d) The Psalms
5. What did Day’s father not allow in his home?
(b) Any of these things
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of funeral did Rayna have?
2. What made Day feel rushed at confession?
3. What about the Socialist lifestyle did Day not like?
4. What state did Day grow up in?
5. How did Day feel about her source of comfort while in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Trotsky, and how did Day meet him?
2. What made confession hard for Day?
3. What was Day imprisoned for?
4. What did Day write about mostly when she first moved to New York?
5. What was The Masses?
6. How did Day feel when she first read the Bible?
7. How did Day feel when she was exposed to Tolstoi?
8. What was in the letter reprinted by Day?
9. What was the first job Day held in New York City?
10. How did Day’s father treat his family?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)