|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stains does Bert have on his mac?
(a) Beetroot and treacle stains.
(b) Beer and egg stains.
(c) Chocolate and coffee stains.
(d) Wine and oil stains.
2. What is Jones's job?
3. Why does the man say he is fed up?
(a) His wife has left him.
(b) He has the police after him.
(c) He is in debt.
(d) His son has died.
4. What is Jim's fiance's name?
5. What is Mrs. Scaredale crackers about?
(d) Fresh air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the woman think the goal should have been disallowed?
2. What is Fred Iremonger's job?
3. What member of the Notts County team does Lennox think is a fool?
4. What does Colin say he is not going to rob?
5. What is the name of the newspaper Lennox asks his son to fetch him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Jim's mother?
2. What do Bert and Colin do on the way home?
3. Why does the man want to kill himself?
4. How does Bert ride the Noah's Ark for free?
5. Why is Lennox upset with his children?
6. How does Jim's mother react to him telling her he is getting married?
7. Describe the chase between the collector and Colin?
8. What does the narrator say about his families' black looks?
9. How are Bert and Colin different to each other?
10. Why is Lennox so upset at the beginning of this story?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)