|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he would hang himself from?
(a) A tree.
(b) A clifftop.
(c) A rooftop.
(d) A balcony.
2. What has Lennox's wife cooked for dinner?
(a) Eggs and chips.
3. What kind of bed does Jim's mother think he is lying in?
(a) A bed of nails.
(b) A bed of nettles.
(c) A bed of thorns.
(d) A bed of roses.
4. Why does the woman think the goal should have been disallowed?
(a) The ref had blown his whistle.
(b) It was a foul.
(c) It was offside.
(d) It wasn't over the line.
5. Where does Jim's mother work?
(a) The pie factory.
(b) The phone factory.
(c) The tobacco factory.
(d) The bike factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What football position does the narrator compare his running at the chair to?
2. What does the man want the narrator to do when he has the rope around his neck?
3. What is the narrator's friend watching at the pictures?
4. What does the author say Colin's legs are like as he tries to escape with Bert?
5. What does Fred say ninety-five thousand quid has gone up like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the chase between the collector and Colin?
2. What efforts do Bert and Colin make to get more money?
3. How does Jim's mother react to him telling her he is getting married?
4. How does Jim's fiance surprise the neighbors?
5. How are Bert and Colin different to each other?
6. How does Bert ride the Noah's Ark for free?
7. Why does the man want to kill himself?
8. Why does the narrator think his father would never kill himself?
9. Why is Lennox upset with his children?
10. How does the narrator describe Jim's mother?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)