|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he would hang himself from?
(a) A tree.
(b) A clifftop.
(c) A balcony.
(d) A rooftop.
2. What does the narrator say he once saw a man do to himself?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Flog himself.
(c) Cut himself.
(d) Talk to himself.
3. What is the first thing Jim's mother does when Jim returns home?
(a) Screams at him.
(b) Washes his clothes.
(c) Makes him a big meal.
(d) Makes him a cup of tea.
4. What is the top and back of Bert's head padded by?
(b) Hair transplants.
(d) Overgrown hair.
5. What are people beginning to call Lennox because of his sight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim's mother work?
2. What does Jim give his fiance an eye like?
3. Why does the policeman say the man can't kill himself?
4. What does the author say Ruby is plump like?
5. Why does the woman think the goal should have been disallowed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think has lead to Jim's disgrace?
2. What do Bert and Colin do on the way home?
3. Describe the chase between the collector and Colin?
4. Why is the man's suicide attempt unsuccessful?
5. What does the narrator say about his families' black looks?
6. Why does the man want to kill himself?
7. Why is Lennox upset with his children?
8. How does Jim's fiance surprise the neighbors?
9. How are Bert and Colin different to each other?
10. How does the narrator describe Jim's mother?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)