|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food do the advertising boards advertise?
(a) Beef steaks.
(b) Chicken wings.
2. What does the narrator say he would have done to Jim's mother if she has talked to him in the same way?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Screamed at her.
(c) Hugged her.
(d) Threw plates at her.
3. What did Jim's father die of?
(d) Black death.
4. Why does the policeman say the man can't kill himself?
(a) He has responsibilities.
(b) It upsets the neighbors.
(c) He owes money.
(d) It is not his life.
5. What has Lennox's wife cooked for dinner?
(a) Eggs and chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Colin's cousin?
2. Who is the King of England in this time period?
3. What does the man tell the narrator to shut?
4. Why does the woman think the goal should have been disallowed?
5. What member of the Notts County team does Lennox think is a fool?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about his families' black looks?
2. How do Lennox and Fred's views on marriage differ?
3. How are Bert and Colin different to each other?
4. What does Jim say went wrong in his marriage to Phyllis?
5. Why does the narrator come back to the man's house?
6. How does the narrator describe Jim's mother?
7. Why is the man's suicide attempt unsuccessful?
8. How does Bert ride the Noah's Ark for free?
9. What are Fred and wife's views about what is happening next door?
10. Why does the man want to kill himself?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)