|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the King of England in this time period?
(a) King Henry.
(b) King Charles.
(c) King George.
(d) King Philip.
2. What is Jim's fiance's name?
3. What does the narrator say he would have done to Jim's mother if she has talked to him in the same way?
(a) Hugged her.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Screamed at her.
(d) Threw plates at her.
4. What does Fred grin like at the end of the book?
(a) A Cheshire-cat.
(b) An excited puppy.
(c) A little boy.
(d) An assassin.
5. Who does Jim Scarfedale live with?
(a) His brother.
(b) His children.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
6. What is Jones's job?
7. What is the name of the newspaper Lennox asks his son to fetch him?
(b) Football World.
(d) Football Guardian.
8. What does the narrator say the man has a face like?
(a) A poet.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A junkie.
(d) A parson.
9. What is the name of Colin's cousin?
10. Why does the man say he is fed up?
(a) He is in debt.
(b) His wife has left him.
(c) He has the police after him.
(d) His son has died.
11. What kind of life does the narrator say his father leads his mother?
(a) A queen's life.
(b) A dog's life.
(c) A lonely life.
(d) A skunk's life.
12. Where does Jim's mother move to?
13. How has the old gypsy woman done her hair?
(a) In a ponytail.
(b) In braids.
(c) In a bun.
(d) In pig tails.
14. What does the narrator say you can't hold to forever?
(a) Your past.
(b) Your future.
(c) Your mam's apron strings.
(d) Your father's coat tails.
15. What color does the narrator say his family turns when they are fed-up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Notts County playing in this book?
2. What does the author say the fair is a sea of?
3. Why does the narrator think Jim could have gone anywhere in the country?
4. What does the narrator say the goalkeeper turns into?
5. Why does the narrator think his father could never kill himself?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)