|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim give his fiance an eye like?
(a) An angry cat.
(b) A little boy.
(c) A pregnant mother.
(d) A little dog.
2. What football position does the narrator compare his running at the chair to?
(a) Center back.
(c) Right back.
(d) Center forward.
3. What does the man want the narrator to do when he has the rope around his neck?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Close his eyes.
(c) Kick away the chair.
(d) Run away.
4. What can four pence buy a pound of?
5. What does Fred say ninety-five thousand quid has gone up like?
(a) London fog.
(b) Goal hangers.
(c) Arsenal defenders.
(d) Scotch mist.
6. Where does Jim's mother work?
(a) The tobacco factory.
(b) The pie factory.
(c) The bike factory.
(d) The phone factory.
7. What does the narrator say Jim's mother cannot touch Phylis with?
(a) A finger.
(b) A rope.
(c) A barge pole.
(d) A poker.
8. Why does the man say he is fed up?
(a) He has the police after him.
(b) His son has died.
(c) His wife has left him.
(d) He is in debt.
9. What is Mrs. Scaredale crackers about?
(a) Fresh air.
10. What color does the narrator say his family turns when they are fed-up?
11. What is the narrator's friend watching at the pictures?
(c) Penelope Pitstop.
(d) Jungle Jim.
12. What does Jim tell his mother he has been through in the last six months?
(b) Barbed wire.
13. What is Jones's job?
14. Where does Jim's mother move to?
15. What does the man order the narrator to do before he hangs himself?
(a) Write a note.
(b) Fetch a chair.
(c) Shut the door.
(d) Sit down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred say he needs to mend?
2. Who does the narrator see walk to the man's house?
3. What kind of food do the advertising boards advertise?
4. What kind of life does the narrator say his father leads his mother?
5. What does Lennox say he needs to take to the games?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)