|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of factory does Kathy work in?
(a) A tea factory.
(b) A coffee factory.
(c) A pie factory.
(d) A lace factory.
2. Who does Kathy say she told where to get off?
(a) The local politician.
(b) The forewoman.
(c) The manager.
(d) The owner.
3. What does Ernest have to do at two o'clock?
(a) Catch a train.
(b) Meet his mother.
(c) Start work.
(d) Eat lunch.
4. What did the narrator do as soon as he found a job?
(b) Bought a house.
(c) Left home.
(d) Went on holiday.
5. What does Smith say he was born into?
(a) The good life.
6. What does Ernest usually do at 9 o'clock?
(a) Sleep for an hour.
(b) Drink a beer.
(c) Phone his wife.
(d) Eat breakfast.
7. What is Harry doing when his wife tells him she loves him?
(b) Watching TV.
8. Where is Smith from originally?
9. What do the two girls call Ernest?
(a) Second Dad.
(b) Father Ernie.
(c) Saint Ern.
(d) Uncle Ernest.
10. What kind of weapon does Smith compare Borstal to?
(a) A gun.
(b) A mace.
(c) A ninja star.
(d) A knife.
11. What game does Harry like playing at the club?
12. What does the young girl want to eat?
(a) A cake.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A bicuit.
(d) A chocolate.
13. What is the name of Smith's friend?
14. What is Ernest not yet accustomed to?
(b) Southern culture.
(c) The city life.
15. What does the middle-aged man always speak in one breath?
(a) His name and trade.
(b) Rimbaud poems.
(c) His children's names.
(d) The football scores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What section of the bible does Mr. Raynor read to his class?
2. What does Mr. Raynor ask his class to take out of their bags?
3. What does Harry say he hasn't done for twenty years?
4. What is the students' next class?
5. What does Ernest say people he meets treat him like?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)