|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were dead and dying men straggling in the First World War?
(a) Trip wire.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Metal fencing.
2. What does the young girl want to eat?
(a) A bicuit.
(b) A cake.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) A sandwich.
3. What kind of tree is at the end of the lane?
(a) An elm tree.
(b) A horse chestnut.
(c) A maple tree.
(d) An oak tree.
4. What does the policeman's voice bring Ernest to the brink of?
5. What is the tea boy carrying?
(a) A tea urn.
(b) A white jug.
(c) A cactus.
(d) A coffee pot.
6. What does Smith believe counts in life?
(d) Free will.
7. What does Smith rob with his friend?
(a) A church.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A school.
(d) A bank.
8. What do the police say will happen to Ernest if he goes near the two girls again?
(a) He will be beaten up.
(b) He will be thrown in prison.
(c) He will be killed.
(d) He will appear in court.
9. What kind of weapon does Smith compare Borstal to?
(a) A mace.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ninja star.
(d) A gun.
10. What subject does Mr. Raynor teach?
11. What do the narrator and his wife throw at each other during arguments?
(b) Beer cans.
12. What color jackets do Hucknall school wear?
13. What is Bullivant's excuse for hitting the boy?
(a) He called his mother a name.
(b) He hit him first.
(c) He swore at him.
(d) He is ugly.
14. What is the cleanest thing about the middle-aged man?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His hat.
(c) His coat.
(d) His hands.
15. What word does Ernest say never comes into his mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Smith's friend?
2. What does Harry say he hasn't done for twenty years?
3. What does the middle-aged man always speak in one breath?
4. What does Smith say he was born into?
5. What does Smith say he leaps over while running?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)