|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police say will happen to Ernest if he goes near the two girls again?
(a) He will be killed.
(b) He will be thrown in prison.
(c) He will appear in court.
(d) He will be beaten up.
2. What has happened to the girl's father?
(a) He has run away.
(b) He has been sectioned.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has been put in jail.
3. What does Smith say the governor talks to him like?
(a) A celebrity.
(b) A small child.
(c) A prize race horse.
(d) A football fan.
4. Who does Kathy say she told where to get off?
(a) The owner.
(b) The local politician.
(c) The forewoman.
(d) The manager.
5. What is Ernest not yet accustomed to?
(a) Southern culture.
(b) The city life.
6. What is the name of the newspaper the governor is reading?
(a) The Daily Telegraph.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Daily Mail.
7. What does the middle-aged man always speak in one breath?
(a) Rimbaud poems.
(b) The football scores.
(c) His children's names.
(d) His name and trade.
8. What kind of tree is at the end of the lane?
(a) An elm tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A maple tree.
(d) A horse chestnut.
9. What does Harry say is a stroke of God's luck?
(a) His wife didn't ask for a settlement.
(b) His wife walked out on him.
(c) He didn't kill his wife.
(d) He never had kids with his wife.
10. What word does Ernest say never comes into his mind?
11. What does Ernest say people he meets treat him like?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A hero.
(c) A priest.
(d) A simpleton.
12. What kind of weapon does Smith compare Borstal to?
(a) A gun.
(b) A mace.
(c) A ninja star.
(d) A knife.
13. What is the tea boy carrying?
(a) A cactus.
(b) A tea urn.
(c) A coffee pot.
(d) A white jug.
14. What does the author say lashes out it guts?
(a) The town cryer.
(b) The church bells.
(c) The wind.
(d) The crows.
15. Who does Harry's wife run off with?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A housepainter.
(c) A builder.
(d) A book keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Raynor say his class younger class rebels at?
2. What does Smith say he was doing while the robbery took place?
3. What does Smith say his enemies can drop on him for all he cares?
4. What does Mr. Raynor ask Bullivant to hold out for him?
5. What character from the bible does Mr. Raynor ask the class about?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)