|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith say he was doing while the robbery took place?
(a) Competing in a race.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Playing football.
2. Where is Smith from originally?
3. What does Ernest need for his job that afternoon?
4. What does Smith say he was born into?
(c) The good life.
5. What do the police say will happen to Ernest if he goes near the two girls again?
(a) He will be thrown in prison.
(b) He will appear in court.
(c) He will be beaten up.
(d) He will be killed.
6. Who does Harry's wife run off with?
(a) A housepainter.
(b) A builder.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A book keeper.
7. Who does the book belong to?
(a) The bookshop.
(b) Harry's boss.
(c) Harry's father.
(d) The library.
8. What do the narrator and his wife throw at each other during arguments?
(c) Beer cans.
9. Who does Kathy say she told where to get off?
(a) The local politician.
(b) The owner.
(c) The forewoman.
(d) The manager.
10. What is Bullivant's excuse for hitting the boy?
(a) He hit him first.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) He called his mother a name.
(d) He swore at him.
11. What does the young girl want to eat?
(a) A bicuit.
(b) A chocolate.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A cake.
12. What does Smith rob with his friend?
(a) A church.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A school.
(d) A bank.
13. What does Ernest say people he meets treat him like?
(a) A priest.
(b) A simpleton.
(c) A hero.
(d) A ghost.
14. What game does Harry like playing at the club?
15. What does the middle-aged man always speak in one breath?
(a) His name and trade.
(b) Rimbaud poems.
(c) His children's names.
(d) The football scores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest eat for breakfast?
2. What does Mr. Raynor ask his class to take out of their bags?
3. What does Mr. Raynor say is his friend?
4. What kind of tree is at the end of the lane?
5. How did the young girl die?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)