Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner
1. What is Borstal?
2. Why does Colin agree to run in a competition for Borstal?
3. How do Smith and Smith steal the money from the butchers?
4. How is Smith caught with the money he steals from the butchers?
5. What point does Smith make about honesty?
6. What is Smith's attitutude when the policeman confronts him about the robbery?
7. How does the governor make Smith's life a misery for the rest of...
This section contains 659 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)