The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner
1. What does Smith believe counts in life?
(d) Free will.
2. What does Smith say the upperclass sit in their houses like?
3. What part of England is Borstal in?
4. Where is Smith from originally?
5. What is the name of the newspaper the governor is reading?
(a) The Guardian.
(b) The Daily Mail.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Daily Telegraph.
6. What does Smith say he leaps over while running?
7. Who does Smith always say good mrning to while he is out on his run?
(a) The cow-milker.
(b) The brick layer.
(c) The greensman.
(d) The hawk trainer.
8. What kind of tree is at the end of the lane?
(a) An elm tree.
(b) A horse chestnut.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A maple tree.
9. What sound does Smith say his feet make on the hard soil?
This section contains 3,351 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)