|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the school counselor that has met with Kevin regarding Jill's grades in Part Three?
(a) Mr. Skandarian.
(b) Ms. Durst.
(c) Ms. Margolis.
(d) Mr. Coleman.
2. How far along is Christine in her pregnancy when she and Tom are in Denver in Part Three?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
3. What is Henning's first name?
4. Who is the biography about that Jill gives to Kevin for Christmas in Part Three?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
5. By what nickname does Henning call Tom in the narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are described as "an essential mode of communication within the GR" in Part Three?
2. What condition led to the paralysis of Nora's great-aunt May's face?
3. What color hair does Gus have?
4. What author is Tom nicknamed after by the Barefoot People in Part Four?
5. What does the coffee mug say that Aimee gives to Kevin for Christmas in Part Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you compare Kevin Garvey to the other main characters in the novel?
2. How does Christine perceive her unborn child in Part Three? What has led to this perception?
3. What do Kevin and Jill discuss at Daisy’s Diner in Part Three?
4. How does the narrative perspective shift in Part Three?
5. What does Jason Falzone symbolize for the Watchers?
6. How is Christmas morning described at the Garvey household in Part Three?
7. What is the significance of the chapter title “A Better-than-Average Girlfriend”?
8. What does Christine come to symbolize for Tom in Part Three?
9. What causes Kevin to break down crying during Valentine’s Day dinner? How does Nora respond?
10. Why does the GR press Laurie to divorce Kevin? Why does Laurie resist?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)