|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the coffee cup say that Jill gives to Kevin for Christmas in Part Three?
(a) World's Best Mayor.
(b) Home of the Brave.
(c) #1 Mom.
(d) #1 Dad.
2. How old was Jason Falzone when he was killed?
3. What author is Tom nicknamed after by the Barefoot People in Part Four?
(a) Jack London.
(b) Samuel Beckett.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
4. What condition led to the paralysis of Nora's great-aunt May's face?
(b) Cerebral palsy.
(d) Bell's palsy.
5. How much time did Kevin and Nora spend in Florida in Part Four?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the school counselor that has met with Kevin regarding Jill's grades in Part Three?
2. Where does Kevin's sister live?
3. What is the name of the basement coffee shop on Mount Auburn Street that is a main gathering spot for the Barefoot People?
4. What colors are the bulls-eyes that Tom and Christine have painted on their foreheads in Part Three?
5. What does Nora no longer consider herself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christine perceive her unborn child in Part Three? What has led to this perception?
2. Who is Patti Levin and what is her role within the GR?
3. How is the setting of Outpost 17 described? Who lives there when Meg and Laurie arrive?
4. What is Tom Garvey’s central conflict in Part Four?
5. How do Nora’s and Kevin’s actions and behaviors differ in Florida from in Mapleton?
6. Why does the GR press Laurie to divorce Kevin? Why does Laurie resist?
7. What causes Kevin to break down crying during Valentine’s Day dinner? How does Nora respond?
8. How is Christmas morning described at the GR headquarters in Part Three?
9. What does Christine come to symbolize for Tom in Part Three?
10. What does Jason Falzone symbolize for the Watchers?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)