|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Laurie Garvey in the narrative?
2. How many local residents in Mapleton disappeared on the Sudden Departure day?
3. Which of Holy Wayne's brides is Christine?
(a) His sixth bride.
(b) His second bride.
(c) His third bride.
(d) His fourth bride.
4. What is the name of Meg's former fiance?
5. Who in Meg's family did she lose in the Sudden Departure?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Nora Durst's children that she lost on the day of the Sudden Departure?
2. What was the previous name of "The Carpe Diem"?
3. Whose photograph is on the front page of the pamphlet being handed out by Reverend Matt Jamison at the Three-Year Anniversary parade?
4. Who at The Carpe Diem is described as "a bulky, excitable guy who Laurie always said was a heart attack waiting to happen"?
5. Who does Nora dance with at the adult mixer in Part Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cartoon SpongeBob Squarepants symbolize for Nora Durst?
2. How did the Sudden Departure impact Tom Garvey? Where was Tom when the event occurred?
3. What main character is introduced in the Prologue? What information is related about this character in this brief section of the novel?
4. How would you describe Jill’s relationship with her father in Part One?
5. What is Kevin’s relationship to The Carpe Diem? How often does Kevin frequent this establishment?
6. What irony is revealed through the conversation between Nora and Kylie in Part Two?
7. What are Nora Durst’s objectives in attending the social mixer in Part Two? Does she achieve these objectives?
8. How has Jill Garvey been affected by the Sudden Departure in Part One?
9. What does the act of smoking cigarettes signify in the novel?
10. How was Melissa Hulbert affected by the Sudden Departure? Whom did she lose?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)