|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ken Garvey's position in Mapleton when the novel begins?
(a) Police Chief.
(b) Tax Assessor.
2. Who is the focus of the newsletter that Reverend Jamison gives to Nora in Part Two?
(a) Liz Yamamoto.
(b) Doug Durst.
(c) Anna Ford.
(d) Steve Wiscziewski.
3. Who is the Director of Public Outreach for the GR that speaks with Rosalie in the Prologue?
4. What does "GR" stand for in the narrative?
(a) Glorious Resurrection.
(b) Grand Redemption.
(c) Great Rapture.
(d) Guilty Remnant.
5. What color clothing do the members of the GR wear in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Melissa Hulbert's daughter?
2. What title is Jill Garvey given due to her experience on Sudden Departure day?
3. How many children did Nora Durst lose on Sudden Departure day?
4. Who is the Mapleton plumber that encounters and harasses Kevin at the parade in Part One?
5. How did Laurie Garvey define her family's religious beliefs to her children when they were young?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kevin Garvey’s role in Mapleton? Why does he attend the parade in Part One?
2. How would you describe Jill’s relationship with her father in Part One?
3. Whom did Nora Durst lose on the day of the Sudden Departure? How has this affected her?
4. What is Kevin’s relationship to The Carpe Diem? How often does Kevin frequent this establishment?
5. What main character is introduced in the Prologue? What information is related about this character in this brief section of the novel?
6. Who is Meg Lomax? What doubts does this character face when she is introduced in Part Two?
7. How did the Sudden Departure impact Tom Garvey? Where was Tom when the event occurred?
8. What irony is revealed through the conversation between Nora and Kylie in Part Two?
9. How was Melissa Hulbert affected by the Sudden Departure? Whom did she lose?
10. Where are Laurie’s and Meg’s lodgings in Part Two? How is this setting described?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)