|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jill "Get a Room" with during the game in Part Two?
2. Where did Rosalie Sussman move to help launch a start-up chapter of the GR?
(c) Long Island.
(d) New Orleans.
3. Who is Wayne Gilchrest's sixth bride?
(a) Hillary Edgars.
(b) Anna Ford.
(c) Wilhelmina Wiesenthal.
(d) Sarah Smith.
4. Who is the local wealthy developer that deeded the GR's compound to the organization in Mapleton?
(a) Steve Wiscziewski.
(b) Doug Durst.
(c) Troy Vincent.
(d) Stan Washburn.
5. What is the name of Meg's former fiance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color clothing do the members of the GR wear in the novel?
2. What is Ken Garvey's position in Mapleton when the novel begins?
3. What kind of car does Scott Frost drive in the narrative?
4. Who are Laurie and Meg following in "A Vow of Silence"?
5. What items are prohibited in the GR headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What main character is introduced in the Prologue? What information is related about this character in this brief section of the novel?
2. What prevents Kevin from spending the night with Melissa in Part Two?
3. What are the subjects of Reverend Matt Jamison’s newsletters in the novel? What are the objectives of the newsletters?
4. What does Reverend Matt Jamison give to Nora Durst in Part Two? How does she respond?
5. What are Nora Durst’s objectives in attending the social mixer in Part Two? Does she achieve these objectives?
6. What game do Aimee and Jill play at Dmitri’s house in Part Two? What is the objective of the game?
7. Who is Aimee? How did Aimee come to live in the Garvey home?
8. Where are Laurie’s and Meg’s lodgings in Part Two? How is this setting described?
9. Whom did Nora Durst lose on the day of the Sudden Departure? How has this affected her?
10. How did the Sudden Departure impact Tom Garvey? Where was Tom when the event occurred?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)