|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Aimee and Jill spend the morning when Jill misses her chemistry test in Part One?
(c) Dunkin' Donuts.
(d) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
2. How many children did Nora Durst lose on Sudden Departure day?
3. Who is Wayne Gilchrest's sixth bride?
(a) Anna Ford.
(b) Hillary Edgars.
(c) Wilhelmina Wiesenthal.
(d) Sarah Smith.
4. How many local residents in Mapleton disappeared on the Sudden Departure day?
5. What is the name of the building at GR headquarters that is reserved for lodging of female Trainees?
(a) Yellow House.
(b) Blue House.
(c) Red House.
(d) Green House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighborhood where Kevin Garvey lives?
2. Where did Reverend Matt Jamison preach prior to the Sudden Departure?
3. In what subject did Nora earn her college degree?
4. Who gives the benediction after the Three-Year Anniversary parade?
5. Where do Rosalie's mother and stepfather live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the act of smoking cigarettes signify in the novel?
2. What are the subjects of Reverend Matt Jamison’s newsletters in the novel? What are the objectives of the newsletters?
3. What game do Aimee and Jill play at Dmitri’s house in Part Two? What is the objective of the game?
4. How was Melissa Hulbert affected by the Sudden Departure? Whom did she lose?
5. How does Tom Garvey come to be the chaperone and caretaker for Christine?
6. What is Kevin Garvey’s role in Mapleton? Why does he attend the parade in Part One?
7. Where are Laurie’s and Meg’s lodgings in Part Two? How is this setting described?
8. How would you describe Jill’s relationship with her father in Part One?
9. What prevents Kevin from spending the night with Melissa in Part Two?
10. Who is Aimee? How did Aimee come to live in the Garvey home?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)