|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Will's younger brother who died in a car accident?
2. In Chapter 24, Ronnie goes where and finds her father working?
3. What does Ronnie feel Will's mother thinks of her in Chapter 19?
4. What is the name of Will's father in "The Last Song"?
5. In Chapter 30, the narrator states that Steve learned when that he was dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
2. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
3. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
4. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
5. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
6. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
7. What argument takes place between Ronnie and Kim in Chapter 33? What does Ronnie discover?
8. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
9. What revelations does Steve have in Chapter 25 regarding his children?
10. Why does Ronnie refuse Will's offer to stay in Chapter 32? What do they discover Jonah doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Marcus and Blaze in "The Last Song". How did Blaze and Marcus meet? In what ways does Marcus appear to use Blaze? What is foreshadowed by Marcus' obvious interest in Ronnie?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Will's family history. How does the wealth of Will's family differ from that of the other characters? How is Will's house described in the narrative? How does Ronnie interact with each of Will's parents? What causes her intimidation?
Essay Topic 3
Define and identify irony in the novel. Why is it ironic that Ronnie and Will come to Blaze's rescue in Chapter 28? What are the different forms of irony in literature? How are each implemented in the novel?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)