|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scott is very angry with Will for what, in the end of Chapter 28?
2. What does Will's father show Ronnie when she stops by Will's house in Chapter 19?
3. What is the name of Will's father in "The Last Song"?
4. Ronnie, Jonah, Will, and Steve are talking when Steve has a coughing fit that causes what, in Chapter 29?
5. Who does Ronnie discover was the cause for her parents' divorce in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
2. Why does Ronnie refuse Will's offer to stay in Chapter 32? What do they discover Jonah doing?
3. Why is Scott pressuring Will in Chapter 18? Why does Will succumb to this pressure?
4. What does Will come to appreciate about Ronnie in Chapter 20?
5. What argument takes place between Ronnie and Kim in Chapter 33? What does Ronnie discover?
6. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
7. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
8. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
9. What does Will reveal about the fire at Pastor Harris' church in Chapter 32? What is Ronnie's response?
10. How has Ronnie's character arc developed by Chapter 21? What changes has she undergone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the narrative voice in "The Last Song" and the element of foreshadowing in the Prologue. What does the reader know from the beginning? From whose perspective is the story related? Is the point of view omniscient or limited? What impact does this style have on the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the symbolism of the hatching turtles, and the impending departure of Will in Chapter 29. How are these two events related metaphorically? How is the extent of Steve's illness revealed in this chapter?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Ronnie's history as a piano prodigy. How is music something shared by Ronnie and her father? What does music represent to Ronnie? How is it symbolic that Ronnie is set up for stealing music from the music store?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)