Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
2. After leaving the hospital, Will finds Marcus and his friends where, in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 26, Ronnie tracks down Blaze and finds out that Blaze's mother has done what?
4. Where does Ronnie tell Will she's been offered a place to study in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 18, Scott complains to Will that he is damaging Scott's chances of what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the symbolism of the hatching turtles, and the impending departure of Will in Chapter 29. How are these two events related metaphorically? How is the extent of Steve's illness revealed in this chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Ronnie's history as a piano prodigy. How is music something shared by Ronnie and her father? What does music represent to Ronnie? How is it symbolic that Ronnie is set up for stealing music from the music store?
Essay Topic 3
Define and identify irony in the novel. Why is it ironic that Ronnie and Will come to Blaze's rescue in Chapter 28? What are the different forms of irony in literature? How are each implemented in the novel?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)