|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
2. In Chapter 24, Ronnie goes where and finds her father working?
3. Ronnie tells Will that what makes no difference to her in Chapter 20?
4. Who actually set fire to Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
5. Who does Ronnie console at the hospital in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
2. What argument takes place between Ronnie and Kim in Chapter 33? What does Ronnie discover?
3. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
4. What interaction does Ronnie have with Blaze in Chapter 26? What concerns Ronnie?
5. What concerns Will in the beginning of Chapter 23? What does he spend his time with Ronnie doing?
6. Who comes to the aid of Ronnie and Jonah while their father is in the hospital in Chapter 31? How?
7. What does Will reveal about the fire at Pastor Harris' church in Chapter 32? What is Ronnie's response?
8. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
9. What are Ronnie's impressions of Will's family in Chapter 19?
10. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the internal and external conflicts in Chapter 26. Why does Marcus cause a fight at the wedding? What is the outcome? Why does Ronnie choose to end her relationship with Will in the chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Ronnie's history as a piano prodigy. How is music something shared by Ronnie and her father? What does music represent to Ronnie? How is it symbolic that Ronnie is set up for stealing music from the music store?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Ronnie. How old is Ronnie as the novel begins? Where is she going, and how does she feel about her father? What is Ronnie's history in New York, and what legal problems does she have there?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)