|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, Ronnie cannot sleep and she spends most of the night looking through what?
2. What do Ronnie and Will find Jonah doing in the work shed in Chapter 32?
3. Ronnie is standing on the deck near what when Will finds her in Chapter 26?
4. What draws a big crowd, causing Ronnie to be somewhat annoyed at having to share the moment in Chapter 29?
5. What collapses during the wedding when Will gets into a fight in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction does Ronnie have with Blaze in Chapter 26? What concerns Ronnie?
2. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
3. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
4. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
5. Who comes to the aid of Ronnie and Jonah while their father is in the hospital in Chapter 31? How?
6. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
7. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
8. What does Will reveal about the fire at Pastor Harris' church in Chapter 32? What is Ronnie's response?
9. What concerns Will in the beginning of Chapter 23? What does he spend his time with Ronnie doing?
10. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and analyze the elements of religious allusion in the novel. What is the significance of Pastor Harris' church? How does Ronnie feel about Christianity and God? What amends does Steve hope to attain with God? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify conflict in narrative literature and the novel. What is internal conflict and how does it differ from external conflict? What does Ronnie struggle with internally in the novel? How does this conflict drive her actions in Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the developing relationship between Ronnie and Will in the narrative. How compatible are Ronnie and Will as a couple? What similarities do they share in temperament and in interests? How do they differ?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)