|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ronnie ask to take her home after the wedding in Chapter 26?
2. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
3. Ronnie tells Will that what makes no difference to her in Chapter 20?
4. What is the name of Will's father in "The Last Song"?
5. In Chapter 23, Will and Ronnie are spending more time with what, in order to protect them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
2. Why is Scott pressuring Will in Chapter 18? Why does Will succumb to this pressure?
3. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
4. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
5. What concerns Will in the beginning of Chapter 23? What does he spend his time with Ronnie doing?
6. What revelations does Steve have in Chapter 25 regarding his children?
7. What are Ronnie's impressions of Will's family in Chapter 19?
8. When does the narrator say Steve learned he was dying in Chapter 30? How did he choose to live his final moments?
9. How has Ronnie's character arc developed by Chapter 21? What changes has she undergone?
10. What argument takes place between Ronnie and Kim in Chapter 33? What does Ronnie discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the symbolism of the hatching turtles, and the impending departure of Will in Chapter 29. How are these two events related metaphorically? How is the extent of Steve's illness revealed in this chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify irony in the novel. Why is it ironic that Ronnie and Will come to Blaze's rescue in Chapter 28? What are the different forms of irony in literature? How are each implemented in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Marcus and Blaze in "The Last Song". How did Blaze and Marcus meet? In what ways does Marcus appear to use Blaze? What is foreshadowed by Marcus' obvious interest in Ronnie?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)