|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronnie regrets her choice to do what after hearing of her dad's prognosis in Chapter 31?
2. What does Blaze get on her shirt in Chapter 27?
3. In Chapter 33, Ronnie gets her father to admit to her that he played the piano for what reason?
4. What does Will do when he finds Marcus and his friends in the end of Chapter 28?
5. What game does Will play with Ronnie's family in Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the internal and external conflicts in Chapter 26. Why does Marcus cause a fight at the wedding? What is the outcome? Why does Ronnie choose to end her relationship with Will in the chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the symbolism of the hatching turtles, and the impending departure of Will in Chapter 29. How are these two events related metaphorically? How is the extent of Steve's illness revealed in this chapter?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the developing relationship between Ronnie and Will in the narrative. How compatible are Ronnie and Will as a couple? What similarities do they share in temperament and in interests? How do they differ?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)