Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
2. After leaving the hospital, Will finds Marcus and his friends where, in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 26, Ronnie tracks down Blaze and finds out that Blaze's mother has done what?
4. Where does Ronnie tell Will she's been offered a place to study in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 18, Scott complains to Will that he is damaging Scott's chances of what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the narrative voice in "The Last Song" and the element of foreshadowing in the Prologue. What does the reader know from the beginning? From whose perspective is the story related? Is the point of view omniscient or limited? What impact does this style have on the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify irony in the novel. Why is it ironic that Ronnie and Will come to Blaze's rescue in Chapter 28? What are the different forms of irony in literature? How are each implemented in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of Steve's window and the theme of forgiveness in the narrative. Why does Steve encourage Ronnie to forgive Will? What does the window represent metaphorically? How does the symbolism of the window tie into the theme of forgiveness in "The Last Song"?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)