|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jonah give all of the money from his piggy bank to in Chapter 26?
2. When considering the differences between Ronnie and his ex-girlfriend, Will concludes that Ronnie is more what, in Chapter 20?
3. Where does Ronnie tell Will she's been offered a place to study in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 23, Scott asks Will if he will start attending more practices before the big tournament that is coming up, which is the same weekend as the wedding for whom?
5. What has Marcus decided to do in Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and identify conflict in narrative literature and the novel. What is internal conflict and how does it differ from external conflict? What does Ronnie struggle with internally in the novel? How does this conflict drive her actions in Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of trust in the novel. How does Ronnie's distrust give way to trust, and what does this mean regarding her character arc? What moral lesson in trust does Ronnie learn through the character of Ashley? How does Will serve to develop Ronnie's trust?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the symbolism of the hatching turtles, and the impending departure of Will in Chapter 29. How are these two events related metaphorically? How is the extent of Steve's illness revealed in this chapter?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)