|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks about a party he plans to throw that night in a house he has broken into in Chapter 22?
2. Who arrives at the hospital as Ronnie is visiting her father in Chapter 33?
3. What is the name of Will's father in "The Last Song"?
4. In Chapter 18, Scott complains to Will that he is damaging Scott's chances of what?
5. Who comes and asks Ronnie to rethink her decision to end her relationship with Will at the end of Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
2. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
3. What concerns Will in the beginning of Chapter 23? What does he spend his time with Ronnie doing?
4. What revelations does Steve have in Chapter 25 regarding his children?
5. What argument takes place between Ronnie and Kim in Chapter 33? What does Ronnie discover?
6. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
7. What does Will do in order to help Blaze in Chapter 28?
8. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
9. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
10. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Will's family history. How does the wealth of Will's family differ from that of the other characters? How is Will's house described in the narrative? How does Ronnie interact with each of Will's parents? What causes her intimidation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the narrative voice in "The Last Song" and the element of foreshadowing in the Prologue. What does the reader know from the beginning? From whose perspective is the story related? Is the point of view omniscient or limited? What impact does this style have on the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of Steve's window and the theme of forgiveness in the narrative. Why does Steve encourage Ronnie to forgive Will? What does the window represent metaphorically? How does the symbolism of the window tie into the theme of forgiveness in "The Last Song"?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)