|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Will play with Ronnie's family in Chapter 19?
2. Ronnie tells Will that what makes no difference to her in Chapter 20?
3. What does Ronnie offer Blaze before leaving her in Chapter 26?
4. Who joins Ronnie and tells Ronnie how much this visit from her and Jonah has meant to their father in Chapter 31?
5. What is the name of Will's father in "The Last Song"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will come to appreciate about Ronnie in Chapter 20?
2. How has Ronnie's character arc developed by Chapter 21? What changes has she undergone?
3. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
4. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
5. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
6. Why does Ronnie refuse Will's offer to stay in Chapter 32? What do they discover Jonah doing?
7. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
8. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
9. Why is Scott pressuring Will in Chapter 18? Why does Will succumb to this pressure?
10. What are Ronnie's impressions of Will's family in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Ronnie. How old is Ronnie as the novel begins? Where is she going, and how does she feel about her father? What is Ronnie's history in New York, and what legal problems does she have there?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of coastal North Carolina, and discuss and analyze the characters of Blaze, Marcus and Will in the narrative. How does Ronnie meet these characters? What are Ronnie's first impressions of each character?
Essay Topic 3
Define and identify irony in the novel. Why is it ironic that Ronnie and Will come to Blaze's rescue in Chapter 28? What are the different forms of irony in literature? How are each implemented in the novel?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)