|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronnie worries about what to wear to whose wedding in Chapter 26?
2. Who comes and asks Ronnie to rethink her decision to end her relationship with Will at the end of Chapter 26?
3. Who does Ronnie ask to take her home after the wedding in Chapter 26?
4. Will tells Scott that he should tell the police the truth about what in the end of Chapter 28?
5. What draws a big crowd, causing Ronnie to be somewhat annoyed at having to share the moment in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction does Ronnie have with Blaze in Chapter 26? What concerns Ronnie?
2. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
3. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
4. Who comes to the aid of Ronnie and Jonah while their father is in the hospital in Chapter 31? How?
5. When does the narrator say Steve learned he was dying in Chapter 30? How did he choose to live his final moments?
6. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
7. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
8. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
9. What are Ronnie's impressions of Will's family in Chapter 19?
10. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of coastal North Carolina, and discuss and analyze the characters of Blaze, Marcus and Will in the narrative. How does Ronnie meet these characters? What are Ronnie's first impressions of each character?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and analyze the rising action of the novel. When does the novel shift from exposition to an active plot? What new conflicts does Ronnie face in the reading? Also, discuss Scott's actions in Chapters 23 and 24 and the importance of the volleyball tournament. What does Scott want to get out of the tournament and why does he need Will's assistance?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact of Steve's cancer on his family. Why did Steve choose to hide his illness? What are Ronnie's and Jonah's reactions upon hearing their father is dying? What kind of cancer does Steve have? Where has the cancer spread? Why are there no treatment options to help Steve?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)