|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Will takes Ronnie home, they take a look at her dad's what, in Chapter 23?
2. Where does Will intend to go to college in the novel?
3. After leaving the hospital, Will finds Marcus and his friends where, in Chapter 28?
4. Who does Will get into a fight with in Chapter 26?
5. When considering the differences between Ronnie and his ex-girlfriend, Will concludes that Ronnie is more what, in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
2. When does the narrator say Steve learned he was dying in Chapter 30? How did he choose to live his final moments?
3. Who comes to the aid of Ronnie and Jonah while their father is in the hospital in Chapter 31? How?
4. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
5. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
6. What does Will do in order to help Blaze in Chapter 28?
7. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
8. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
9. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
10. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Ronnie. How old is Ronnie as the novel begins? Where is she going, and how does she feel about her father? What is Ronnie's history in New York, and what legal problems does she have there?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the relationship between Marcus and Blaze in "The Last Song". How did Blaze and Marcus meet? In what ways does Marcus appear to use Blaze? What is foreshadowed by Marcus' obvious interest in Ronnie?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact of Steve's cancer on his family. Why did Steve choose to hide his illness? What are Ronnie's and Jonah's reactions upon hearing their father is dying? What kind of cancer does Steve have? Where has the cancer spread? Why are there no treatment options to help Steve?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)