|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ronnie discover was the cause for her parents' divorce in Chapter 33?
2. Who stops by the next day to marvel at the work the kids have done in Chapter 32?
3. In Chapter 26, Ronnie tracks down Blaze and finds out that Blaze's mother has done what?
4. What is the name of Will's younger brother who died in a car accident?
5. Jonah asks Steve to let him do what in Chapter 25?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Ronnie. How old is Ronnie as the novel begins? Where is she going, and how does she feel about her father? What is Ronnie's history in New York, and what legal problems does she have there?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Will's character development in the novel. What does the reader learn about Will's friendship and obligation to Scott in Chapter 20? What does Ronnie, and by extension, the reader, learn in this chapter which illuminates the rationale behind Will's actions? What does Will think of Ronnie in comparison with his ex-girlfriend?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Ronnie's history as a piano prodigy. How is music something shared by Ronnie and her father? What does music represent to Ronnie? How is it symbolic that Ronnie is set up for stealing music from the music store?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)