|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually set fire to Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
2. Who does Ronnie discover was the cause for her parents' divorce in Chapter 33?
3. When Will takes Ronnie home, they take a look at her dad's what, in Chapter 23?
(a) Sculpture gallery.
(b) Living room.
(c) Painting gallery.
(d) Stained glass window.
4. Ronnie tells Will that what makes no difference to her in Chapter 20?
(a) His health.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His looks.
(d) His intelligence.
5. What does Ronnie announce she wants to do in Chapter 33?
(a) Marry Will.
(b) Attend Vanderbilt.
(c) Go with her mother.
(d) Stay with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Will and his mother in a car accident many years earlier in the novel?
2. Will insists on going to his house to do what in Chapter 18?
3. What does Ronnie feel Will's mother thinks of her in Chapter 19?
4. In Chapter 18, Scott complains to Will that he is damaging Scott's chances of what?
5. Ronnie worries about what to wear to whose wedding in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
2. What does Will do in order to help Blaze in Chapter 28?
3. What interaction does Ronnie have with Blaze in Chapter 26? What concerns Ronnie?
4. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
5. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
6. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
7. What does Will come to appreciate about Ronnie in Chapter 20?
8. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
9. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
10. When does the narrator say Steve learned he was dying in Chapter 30? How did he choose to live his final moments?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)