|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Will get into a fight with in Chapter 26?
2. When Will takes Ronnie home, they take a look at her dad's what, in Chapter 23?
(a) Living room.
(b) Painting gallery.
(c) Sculpture gallery.
(d) Stained glass window.
3. Ronnie tells Will that what makes no difference to her in Chapter 20?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His looks.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His health.
4. Who can Ronnie hear blaming her for the whole ordeal after the fight at the wedding in Chapter 26?
(b) Will's mother.
5. How many fireballs does Marcus have Blaze make in Chapter 27?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes and asks Ronnie to rethink her decision to end her relationship with Will at the end of Chapter 26?
2. In Chapter 25, Steve comes to the realization that walking the beach to find God as Pastor Harris often does will not work for him because Steve has found God where?
3. What collapses during the wedding when Will gets into a fight in Chapter 26?
4. What refers to a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
5. When Ronnie tells Will about her problems, he is sympathetic and offers to go where with her in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
2. When does the narrator say Steve learned he was dying in Chapter 30? How did he choose to live his final moments?
3. What are Ronnie's impressions of Will's family in Chapter 19?
4. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
5. What does Will do in order to help Blaze in Chapter 28?
6. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
7. Why does Ronnie refuse Will's offer to stay in Chapter 32? What do they discover Jonah doing?
8. What interaction does Ronnie have with Blaze in Chapter 26? What concerns Ronnie?
9. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
10. What does Will come to appreciate about Ronnie in Chapter 20?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)