|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, Ronnie cannot sleep and she spends most of the night looking through what?
(a) Her father's letters.
(b) Will's letters.
(c) Her mother's letters.
(d) Her father's Bible.
2. Who was set up for causing the fire that burned down Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
3. Will and Scott are playing the final game for the championship when Will sees who catch fire in Chapter 28?
4. Where does Ronnie invite Will to dinner in Chapter 18?
(a) Gino's Pizza.
(b) The space shuttle.
(c) Her house.
(d) Sarah's Diner.
5. What does Will do when he finds Marcus and his friends in the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Shoots them.
(b) Robs them.
(c) Gives them money.
(d) Beats them up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Ronnie and tells Ronnie how much this visit from her and Jonah has meant to their father in Chapter 31?
2. How many fireballs does Marcus have Blaze make in Chapter 27?
3. Who does Jonah give all of the money from his piggy bank to in Chapter 26?
4. Who does Ronnie discover was the cause for her parents' divorce in Chapter 33?
5. In Chapter 25, Steve comes to the realization that walking the beach to find God as Pastor Harris often does will not work for him because Steve has found God where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will come to appreciate about Ronnie in Chapter 20?
2. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
3. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
4. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
5. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
6. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
7. What concerns Will in the beginning of Chapter 23? What does he spend his time with Ronnie doing?
8. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
9. What argument takes place between Ronnie and Kim in Chapter 33? What does Ronnie discover?
10. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)