|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, Ronnie and Will spend the afternoon where?
(a) At Blaze's house.
(b) On the beach.
(c) Will's pool.
(d) At Steve's house.
2. What has Marcus decided to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Ask Blaze to marry him.
(b) Split town.
(c) Burn the church down.
(d) Kill Will.
3. What refers to a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
4. After leaving the hospital, Will finds Marcus and his friends where, in Chapter 28?
(a) Bower's Point.
(b) Jackson's Curve.
(c) Anderson Point.
(d) Dead Man's Peak.
5. What does Ronnie announce she wants to do in Chapter 33?
(a) Marry Will.
(b) Attend Vanderbilt.
(c) Go with her mother.
(d) Stay with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After someone catches fire on the pier, Will decides there is no time to wait for what?
2. What do Will and Ronnie spend a night hunting in Chapter 23?
3. Who does Ronnie discover was the cause for her parents' divorce in Chapter 33?
4. Who actually set fire to Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
5. Who was set up for causing the fire that burned down Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to the aid of Ronnie and Jonah while their father is in the hospital in Chapter 31? How?
2. What plan does Marcus develop in Chapter 27? What is his objective?
3. What are Ronnie's impressions of Will's family in Chapter 19?
4. When does the narrator say Steve learned he was dying in Chapter 30? How did he choose to live his final moments?
5. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
6. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
7. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
8. What does Will reveal about the fire at Pastor Harris' church in Chapter 32? What is Ronnie's response?
9. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
10. Why is Scott pressuring Will in Chapter 18? Why does Will succumb to this pressure?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)