|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ronnie tell Will she's been offered a place to study in Chapter 21?
2. What draws a big crowd, causing Ronnie to be somewhat annoyed at having to share the moment in Chapter 29?
(a) The otters are born.
(b) The turtle eggs hatch.
(c) The seals swim away.
(d) The gulls hatch.
3. In Chapter 23, Will and Ronnie are spending more time with what, in order to protect them?
(a) The gull eggs.
(b) The turtle eggs.
(c) The baby seals.
(d) The eagle eggs.
4. What is the name of Will's father in "The Last Song"?
(a) Peter Scholler.
(b) James Williams.
(c) Steve Michaels.
(d) Tom Blakelee.
5. After someone catches fire on the pier, Will decides there is no time to wait for what?
(a) The police.
(b) His mother.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) A taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blaze get on her shirt in Chapter 27?
2. What is a term in developmental psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner?
3. Who does Ronnie ask to take her home after the wedding in Chapter 26?
4. What refers to the status of the character as it unfolds throughout the story?
5. Who comes and asks Ronnie to rethink her decision to end her relationship with Will at the end of Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Will in the beginning of Chapter 23? What does he spend his time with Ronnie doing?
2. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
3. Why does Ronnie refuse Will's offer to stay in Chapter 32? What do they discover Jonah doing?
4. How does Ronnie react to the news of her father's prognosis in Chapter 31?
5. When does the narrator say Steve learned he was dying in Chapter 30? How did he choose to live his final moments?
6. What does Will do in order to help Blaze in Chapter 28?
7. Who comes to the aid of Ronnie and Jonah while their father is in the hospital in Chapter 31? How?
8. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
9. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
10. How has Ronnie's character arc developed by Chapter 21? What changes has she undergone?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)