|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will insists on going to his house to do what in Chapter 18?
(a) Talk to his mother.
(b) Change clothes.
(c) See his brother.
(d) Talk to his father.
2. Who was set up for causing the fire that burned down Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
3. Who can Ronnie hear blaming her for the whole ordeal after the fight at the wedding in Chapter 26?
(d) Will's mother.
4. Ronnie, Jonah, Will, and Steve are talking when Steve has a coughing fit that causes what, in Chapter 29?
(a) Him to run from the room.
(b) Him to cough up blood.
(c) Him to have a heart attack.
(d) Him to vomit.
5. What refers to the status of the character as it unfolds throughout the story?
(b) Character arc.
(d) Deus ex machina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 33, Ronnie gets her father to admit to her that he played the piano for what reason?
2. What is the name of Will's father in "The Last Song"?
3. In Chapter 26, Ronnie tracks down Blaze and finds out that Blaze's mother has done what?
4. Where does Will intend to go to college in the novel?
5. In Chapter 23, Scott asks Will if he will start attending more practices before the big tournament that is coming up, which is the same weekend as the wedding for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will do in order to help Blaze in Chapter 28?
2. What interaction does Ronnie have with Blaze in Chapter 26? What concerns Ronnie?
3. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
4. Why is Scott pressuring Will in Chapter 18? Why does Will succumb to this pressure?
5. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
6. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
7. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
8. What do Ronnie and Will spend the day doing in Chapter 21? What do they talk about?
9. What deal do Ronnie and Will make in Chapter 23? Why?
10. What revelations does Steve have in Chapter 25 regarding his children?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)