|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What draws a big crowd, causing Ronnie to be somewhat annoyed at having to share the moment in Chapter 29?
(a) The otters are born.
(b) The turtle eggs hatch.
(c) The seals swim away.
(d) The gulls hatch.
2. In Chapter 30, the narrator states that Steve learned when that he was dying?
3. How many fireballs does Marcus have Blaze make in Chapter 27?
4. Who actually set fire to Pastor Harris' church in the novel?
5. Jonah asks Steve to let him do what in Chapter 25?
(a) Stay with his aunt.
(b) Spend the night at Will's.
(c) Go to his mother's.
(d) Live with him permanently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the treatment of cancer with an antineoplastic drug or with a combination of such drugs into a standardized treatment regimen?
2. What game does Will play with Ronnie's family in Chapter 19?
3. Who stops by the next day to marvel at the work the kids have done in Chapter 32?
4. Who arrives at the hospital as Ronnie is visiting her father in Chapter 33?
5. When Ronnie tells Will about her problems, he is sympathetic and offers to go where with her in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will do after leaving the hospital in Chapter 28? What confrontations does he have?
2. What internal conflicts and external obstacles does Ronnie face in Chapter 26?
3. What confrontation does Scott have with Will in Chapter 18? How does Ronnie interrupt the conversation?
4. What does Ronnie discuss with her father at the hospital in Chapter 33?
5. When does the narrator say Steve learned he was dying in Chapter 30? How did he choose to live his final moments?
6. What interaction does Ronnie have with Blaze in Chapter 26? What concerns Ronnie?
7. What causes the tension between Will and Ronnie in Chapter 29? What helps to ease the tension?
8. How has Ronnie's character arc developed by Chapter 21? What changes has she undergone?
9. How does Ronnie feel upon departing the wedding in Chapter 26? What actions does she take?
10. How does Will perform in the volleyball tournament in Chapter 28? What distraction takes Will out of the game?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)