|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ronnie was something of a child prodigy at what when she was younger?
2. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
(a) A rock concert.
(b) A swimsuit contest.
(c) A protest.
(d) A carnival.
3. In Chapter 33, Ronnie gets her father to admit to her that he played the piano for what reason?
(a) To keep his pain at bay.
(b) To escape his family.
(c) To escape his marriage.
(d) To remind him of Kim.
4. What do Will and Ronnie spend a night hunting in Chapter 23?
(a) Spider crabs.
(b) Sand dollars.
5. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
(a) Carnegie Hall.
(b) Anderson Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, who offers to stay with Ronnie and Jonah until their father gets out of the hospital?
2. Who does Jonah give all of the money from his piggy bank to in Chapter 26?
3. Steve shows Ronnie what on the beach in Chapter 11?
4. What refers to a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
5. What refers to a broad idea, message, or moral of a story in literature?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)