|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ronnie begin to do when she arrives home in Chapter 14?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Take a bath.
(d) Break the window.
2. In Chapter 23, Will and Ronnie are spending more time with what, in order to protect them?
(a) The baby seals.
(b) The gull eggs.
(c) The eagle eggs.
(d) The turtle eggs.
3. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. What does Marcus do an act with on the pier for money?
(a) A lion.
(d) A snake.
5. Before she leaves in Chapter 10, Ronnie hears her father playing some music she once played where?
(a) Anderson Hall.
(c) Carnegie Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
2. All of the money in Jonah's piggy bank has been collected from Ronnie for what?
3. What does Will's father show Ronnie when she stops by Will's house in Chapter 19?
4. Will approaches Ronnie on the beach in Chapter 12, and says he is there to do what?
5. Who wins the game that Ronnie's family plays with Will in Chapter 20?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)