|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
(c) Yacht race.
2. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) An apse.
(b) An entrance door.
(c) A sign.
(d) A stained glass window.
3. Who does Ronnie run into when she leaves the house in Chapter 6?
(c) Pastor Harris.
4. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(c) Rising Action.
5. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot stop thinking about Ronnie in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 1, Ronnie has not spoken to her father in how long?
3. In what month is Ronnie's birthday?
4. Marcus insists on sitting next to whom when he arrives in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Ronnie go looking for the next morning after the party in Chapter 10?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)