|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Steve teach for many years before relocating?
2. Ronnie has had some legal problems in her hometown because of what in Chapter 1?
(a) Drug charges.
(b) Underage drinking.
(d) Armed robbery.
3. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(a) Rising Action.
4. What kind of shirt does Ronnie buy to cover her stained one in Chapter 3?
(a) Kermit the Frog.
(b) Spongebob Squarepants.
5. Steve thinks of whose death in Chapter 9?
(a) His sister's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral is Ronnie preparing to attend in the Prologue?
2. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What is Ronnie's father's name?
4. What refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces in literature?
5. When Marcus hits on Ronnie in Chapter 3, she brushes him off and goes to join whom?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)