|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ronnie in the beginning of the story?
2. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(c) Rising Action.
3. Where does Ronnie's father live?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New Mexico.
4. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
(a) An entrance door.
(b) An apse.
(c) A sign.
(d) A stained glass window.
5. Where does Ronnie live with her mother?
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Ronnie has not spoken to her father in how long?
2. What is the main character of a literary narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve?
3. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
4. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
5. In what month is Ronnie's birthday?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)