|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ronnie meet that seems somewhat frightening in his intensity and his sudden interest in her in Chapter 3?
2. What sports game does Ronnie watch while at the beach in Chapter 3?
(b) Yacht race.
3. Where does Ronnie's father live?
(a) New Mexico.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What is the main character of a literary narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve?
5. What is Ronnie's last name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Steve teach for many years before relocating?
2. When Marcus hits on Ronnie in Chapter 3, she brushes him off and goes to join whom?
3. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
4. What does Marcus do an act with on the pier for money?
5. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)