|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taking place at the beach when Ronnie arrives in Chapter 3?
(a) A protest.
(b) A swimsuit contest.
(c) A carnival.
(d) A rock concert.
2. Ronnie has had some legal problems in her hometown because of what in Chapter 1?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Underage drinking.
(c) Drug charges.
3. What in literature refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(c) Rising Action.
4. Who is Marcus's girlfriend in the novel?
5. Where does Marcus suggest he and Ronnie run away to in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Steve making for the church that was damaged in a fire the previous spring in the novel?
2. What gets spilled on Ronnie's shirt in Chapter 3?
3. What refers to a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. What is Ronnie's mother's name?
5. Who is Ronnie's younger brother?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)