|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Usually, what was Randy looking for most in an employee?
2. Whom did Randy bring up on stage during the lecture?
3. How did the lecture spread to others after it was done?
4. What reality did Randy finally have to face?
5. What advice did John give Randy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was unique about Randy's computer science class in 1997?
2. What was Tommy's goal in life?
3. What was the Penguin Award?
4. Why did Randy send thin mints to colleagues?
5. What was the second head fake at the end of the lecture?
6. What caused Randy to believe so firmly in preparation?
7. Why did Randy believe in peer evaluations?
8. What happened when a girl sent Randy a thank you note?
9. Why did Randy feel the way he did about his cancer diagnosis?
10. How did Randy define experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Randy credit for his success in his career, and how did he spread this message?
Essay Topic 2
How was Randy raised, and what effect did this have on his life?
Essay Topic 3
Why are Randy and his nephew so connected, and how did this connection occur?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)