|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Randy make his students check at the door of his classroom?
2. What did Randy's doctor tell him to do when he got the cancer diagnosis?
3. What advice did John give Randy?
4. What movie did Tommy want to work on?
5. Randy said he was recovering from being _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Tommy able to achieve his goal?
2. How did Randy get his early tenure?
3. How did Randy motivate his computer science class in 1997?
4. What was the Penguin Award?
5. What message did Randy leave when he went on his honeymoon?
6. What did Randy do when he was billed twice at the grocery store?
7. What happened when a girl sent Randy a thank you note?
8. What was Tommy's goal in life?
9. How did Dennis pay Randy back for his favor?
10. Why did Randy feel the way he did about his cancer diagnosis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Randy endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What did Randy learn from his time on a sports team, and how was his life changed by those lessons?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these instances?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)