|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was this Randy's last lecture?
2. What was the occupation of Randy's landlord?
3. How many students did Randy have in 1997?
4. For whom did Randy really write his message about dreams?
5. What did Randy have the audience do for the person he brought up on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when a girl sent Randy a thank you note?
2. What caused Randy to believe so firmly in preparation?
3. How did Randy motivate his computer science class in 1997?
4. What message did Randy leave when he went on his honeymoon?
5. What was the first head fake at the end of the lecture?
6. What is Alice?
7. How did Randy say he felt about his cancer diagnosis at the end of the lecture?
8. What did the crayon box mean for Randy?
9. What was unique about Randy's computer science class in 1997?
10. How did Dennis pay Randy back for his favor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the two head fakes at the end of the book, and what significance did they have to Randy?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
How did Randy and Jai meet, and what led to their relationship? What message did Randy send through sharing this story?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)