|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Randy make his students check at the door of his classroom?
2. Who gave Randy the idea to motivate his students in 1997?
3. Who pointed out the head fakes in Randy's lecture?
4. What advice did Randy leave his daughter?
5. What did Randy invite Tommy to join?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Randy define experience?
2. What message did Randy leave when he went on his honeymoon?
3. How was Tommy able to achieve his goal?
4. What did Randy do to Jai at the end of his lecture?
5. How did Randy help a student who was upset about peer evaluations?
6. How did Randy say he felt about his cancer diagnosis at the end of the lecture?
7. What did the crayon box mean for Randy?
8. What caused Randy to believe so firmly in preparation?
9. How did Randy want his children to live their lives?
10. Why did Randy have Jai do something at the end of his lecture?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how significant were they to the lecture?
Essay Topic 2
How is this book different from a traditional narrative? Do you like these differences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was Randy's view on cars? Cite evidence from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)