|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Randy about his students in 1997?
2. How many sections were in this book?
3. Who sought out Randy's students in 1997?
4. How many chapters were in this book?
5. Whom did Randy want to direct his children's lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Randy feel the way he did about his cancer diagnosis?
2. What did the crayon box mean for Randy?
3. How did Randy motivate his computer science class in 1997?
4. Why couldn't Randy give his message to his kids personally?
5. What was unique about Randy's computer science class in 1997?
6. How did Dennis pay Randy back for his favor?
7. What communication problems did some of Randy's students have?
8. How did Randy say time should be managed?
9. What happened when a girl sent Randy a thank you note?
10. Why did Randy have Jai do something at the end of his lecture?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Randy's view on cars? Cite evidence from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how significant were they to the lecture?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of jobs did Randy hold in his life, and what did he learn from these positions?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)