|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Randy's landlord?
2. Where was Randy double billed?
3. How did Randy feel when Tommy fulfilled his dream?
4. Why was this Randy's last lecture?
5. Randy said he was recovering from being _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Randy believe in peer evaluations?
2. What message did Randy leave when he went on his honeymoon?
3. Why did Randy have extra slides set aside for his lecture?
4. How did Randy get his early tenure?
5. What favor did Randy do for Dennis?
6. How did Randy want his children to live their lives?
7. How did Randy say he felt about his cancer diagnosis at the end of the lecture?
8. How did Dennis pay Randy back for his favor?
9. What did the crayon box mean for Randy?
10. How was Tommy able to achieve his goal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Randy learn from his time on a sports team, and how was his life changed by those lessons?
Essay Topic 2
How is this book different from a traditional narrative? Do you like these differences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What were the two head fakes at the end of the book, and what significance did they have to Randy?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)