|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Randy cut off telemarketers?
2. For what did Randy have extra slides?
3. What advice did John give Randy?
4. What did Randy say was better than being hip?
5. What was surprising about the students being sought out in 1997?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message did Randy leave when he went on his honeymoon?
2. What was the second head fake at the end of the lecture?
3. What caused Randy to believe so firmly in preparation?
4. What happened when a girl sent Randy a thank you note?
5. How did Randy say he felt about his cancer diagnosis at the end of the lecture?
6. What communication problems did some of Randy's students have?
7. What did Randy do to Jai at the end of his lecture?
8. Why did Randy feel the way he did about his cancer diagnosis?
9. What was the Penguin Award?
10. Why did Randy believe in peer evaluations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Randy endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What happened when Father died, and what effect did the death have on Randy?
Essay Topic 3
How was Randy raised, and what effect did this have on his life?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)