|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Randy hope his nieces and nephews would do for him after his death?
2. What did Randy's uncle do to the back seat of the convertible?
3. Randy had no patience for ___________.
4. How did Randy feel when Jai hit his car?
5. How did Randy want to leave a message for his children when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Randy's pretend hero as a child and why?
2. What caused Randy to believe so firmly in preparation?
3. How was Tommy able to achieve his goal?
4. How did Jai make her last New Year's with Randy a more positive affair?
5. How did Randy describe his mother?
6. How did this book come to be?
7. How did Randy say he felt about his cancer diagnosis at the end of the lecture?
8. What advice did Randy get when Jai rejected him?
9. How did Randy get out of a speeding ticket?
10. How did Randy help a student who was upset about peer evaluations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are Randy and his nephew so connected, and how did this connection occur?
Essay Topic 2
What were the two head fakes at the end of the book, and what significance did they have to Randy?
Essay Topic 3
What were Randy's reasons for giving this lecture?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)