|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did Randy's father serve?
2. What did Randy say you could know for sure when people were hard on you?
3. How many tumors did Randy have?
4. Whom did Randy interview when he first found out about his cancer?
5. How did Randy describe his wife when he first met her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second head fake at the end of the lecture?
2. What did Randy discover while going through his father's things after his death?
3. How did Randy help a student who was upset about peer evaluations?
4. What did Randy's parents buy every year? What did this cause Randy to desire?
5. How did Randy get his early tenure?
6. Why did Randy not worry to much about Jai after his death?
7. Why didn't Randy's wife want him to give the lecture?
8. How did this book come to be?
9. What did Randy do when he was billed twice at the grocery store?
10. What was Tommy's goal in life?
Essay Topic 1
What was Randy's view on cars? Cite evidence from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Randy said he was able to accomplish all of his childhood dreams. What were some of these dreams, and how did they come to fruition for Randy?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how significant were they to the lecture?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)