|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the lecture series named when it was Randy's turn?
2. What was Randy fighting the effects of the night before the lecture?
3. What was Randy happy to do before he died?
4. What was Carnegie Mellon?
5. Who helped Randy write this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Randy meet his childhood pretend hero, and what did he do for Randy?
2. What advice did Randy get when Jai rejected him?
3. How did Jai try to motivate Randy to fight through his cancer?
4. How did this book come to be?
5. How did Randy describe his mother?
6. What did Randy do to show his nephew he didn't have to be worried about his car?
7. Why did Jai deliver her first baby early?
8. Why did Randy choose to do the lecture?
9. What was Randy's dream job as a child?
10. What did the first slide of the lecture show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened when Father died, and what effect did the death have on Randy?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of jobs did Randy hold in his life, and what did he learn from these positions?
Essay Topic 3
What were Randy's reasons for giving this lecture?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)