|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What took away Randy's optimism?
2. What did Randy paint in high school?
3. What happened at the end of the romantic get away?
4. Where did Randy ask Jai to move for him?
5. To what were Randy's parents dedicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Randy move his family before he died?
2. How did Randy choose to deal with his cancer?
3. How did Randy meet his childhood pretend hero, and what did he do for Randy?
4. What advice did Randy get when Jai rejected him?
5. What did Jai do to Randy's car one day, and how did he respond?
6. What did Randy do to show his nephew he didn't have to be worried about his car?
7. How did Jai make her last New Year's with Randy a more positive affair?
8. Why didn't Randy's wife want him to give the lecture?
9. Why did Randy choose to do the lecture?
10. How did Randy rate the coolness of people at a carnival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is this book different from a traditional narrative? Do you like these differences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are Randy's greatest regrets in dying so young, and how is he coping with this?
Essay Topic 3
How did Randy and Jai meet, and what led to their relationship? What message did Randy send through sharing this story?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)