|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Randy doing when he met his wife?
2. What did someone want to make before Randy's lecture?
3. Where did Randy meet his wife?
4. What did Randy say he could do for his children without being alive?
5. In what war did Randy's father serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the delivery of Randy's first baby symbolic of for him?
2. How did Randy get out of a speeding ticket?
3. What did Randy's parents buy every year? What did this cause Randy to desire?
4. What did Randy do to show his nephew he didn't have to be worried about his car?
5. How did Randy spend the day of his lecture?
6. How did Randy choose to deal with his cancer?
7. What did Jai do to Randy's car one day, and how did he respond?
8. How did Randy meet his childhood pretend hero, and what did he do for Randy?
9. How did Jai try to motivate Randy to fight through his cancer?
10. Why did Jai deliver her first baby early?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is this book different from a traditional narrative? Do you like these differences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Randy said he was able to accomplish all of his childhood dreams. What were some of these dreams, and how did they come to fruition for Randy?
Essay Topic 3
What was Randy's view on cars? Cite evidence from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)