|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carnegie Mellon?
2. Randy said his mother was what kind of teacher?
3. How many kinds of head fakes were there?
4. Why did Randy say he was able to live out his childhood dreams?
5. What was Randy's father's job in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Randy's pretend hero as a child and why?
2. What did Randy give away at his lecture? Why?
3. What did Randy discover while going through his father's things after his death?
4. How did Randy get out of a speeding ticket?
5. What made Randy's wedding day less romantic than it could have been?
6. Why did Jai deliver her first baby early?
7. How did Randy choose the clothes for his lecture?
8. How did Randy achieve his dream of being in zero gravity?
9. What did Jai do to Randy's car one day, and how did he respond?
10. What advice did Randy get when Jai rejected him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how significant were they to the lecture?
Essay Topic 2
What was Randy's view on cars? Cite evidence from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Randy endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)