|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Randy to paint something in high school?
2. What did someone want to make before Randy's lecture?
3. What did Randy say all children needed to know?
4. How did Randy feel when Jai hit his car?
5. Whom did Randy interview when he first found out about his cancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Randy choose the clothes for his lecture?
2. How did Randy get out of a speeding ticket?
3. What advice did Randy get when Jai rejected him?
4. What did Randy paint in high school?
5. How did Randy spend the day of his lecture?
6. Who was Randy's pretend hero as a child and why?
7. Why didn't Randy's wife want him to give the lecture?
8. How did Randy rate the coolness of people at a carnival?
9. How did this book come to be?
10. What did Randy do to show his nephew he didn't have to be worried about his car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Randy endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these instances?
Essay Topic 3
How did Jai cope with her husband's death, and what did Randy do to try and soften the blow?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)