|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Randy have tumors?
2. What did Randy hope his nieces and nephews would do for him after his death?
3. What did Randy's mom teach?
4. How did Randy describe cars?
5. What was the lecture series named when it was Randy's turn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jai deliver her first baby early?
2. What was Randy's dream job as a child?
3. What did Randy do to show his nephew he didn't have to be worried about his car?
4. How did this book come to be?
5. What was the delivery of Randy's first baby symbolic of for him?
6. How did Randy choose to deal with his cancer?
7. What did Randy discover while going through his father's things after his death?
8. Why didn't Randy's wife want him to give the lecture?
9. Who was Randy's pretend hero as a child and why?
10. What did Randy paint in high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is this book different from a traditional narrative? Do you like these differences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Randy endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of jobs did Randy hold in his life, and what did he learn from these positions?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)