|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Randy said his mother was what kind of teacher?
2. What was Carnegie Mellon?
3. Why did Randy write this book?
4. What was inside Randy's Pandora's box?
5. How did Randy approach his cancer situation at the beginning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the first slide of the lecture show?
2. How did Jai try to motivate Randy to fight through his cancer?
3. What was the delivery of Randy's first baby symbolic of for him?
4. What did Randy give away at his lecture? Why?
5. How did Randy choose to deal with his cancer?
6. How did this book come to be?
7. Why did Randy say looks were deceiving?
8. What advice did Randy get when Jai rejected him?
9. What was Randy's dream job as a child?
10. How did Randy get out of a speeding ticket?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Randy raised, and what effect did this have on his life?
Essay Topic 2
How is this book different from a traditional narrative? Do you like these differences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)