|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Randy's mom teach?
2. What did Randy learn from his coach?
3. Why did Randy say he was able to live out his childhood dreams?
4. What did Randy choose most carefully for his lecture?
5. What did Randy have to sacrifice to get his grade school dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Randy achieve his dream of being in zero gravity?
2. What was the delivery of Randy's first baby symbolic of for him?
3. What did Randy do to show his nephew he didn't have to be worried about his car?
4. How did Randy spend the day of his lecture?
5. Who was Randy's pretend hero as a child and why?
6. How did Randy describe his mother?
7. Why didn't Randy's wife want him to give the lecture?
8. How did Jai try to motivate Randy to fight through his cancer?
9. How did Randy become the coolest kid at the carnival himself?
10. How did Jai make her last New Year's with Randy a more positive affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of jobs did Randy hold in his life, and what did he learn from these positions?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these instances?
Essay Topic 3
What were the two head fakes at the end of the book, and what significance did they have to Randy?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)