|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Randy's wife suggest he do instead of a lecture?
2. How long did Randy have to live when the tumors were found?
3. What kind of thinker was Randy?
4. Whom did Randy interview when he first found out about his cancer?
5. What did Randy do to the back seat of his convertible?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Randy rate the coolness of people at a carnival?
2. What did the first slide of the lecture show?
3. What did Randy discover while going through his father's things after his death?
4. How did Jai make her last New Year's with Randy a more positive affair?
5. Why did Randy say looks were deceiving?
6. How did Jai try to motivate Randy to fight through his cancer?
7. How did Randy become the coolest kid at the carnival himself?
8. What was Randy's dream job as a child?
9. What did Randy's parents buy every year? What did this cause Randy to desire?
10. Why did Randy move his family before he died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Jai cope with her husband's death, and what did Randy do to try and soften the blow?
Essay Topic 2
What happened when Father died, and what effect did the death have on Randy?
Essay Topic 3
What was Randy's view on cars? Cite evidence from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)