|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie did Tommy want to work on?
(a) Star Wars.
(b) Star Trek.
2. What was surprising about the students being sought out in 1997?
(a) They were beginners.
(b) They were graduate students.
(c) They didn't have high marks.
(d) They weren't done with their coursework.
3. What was the most popular prop at Randy's lecture?
(a) The whip.
(b) The stuffed animals.
(c) The pictures.
(d) The music.
4. Who gave Randy the idea to motivate his students in 1997?
(a) A colleague.
(b) His wife.
(c) His boss.
(d) His mother.
5. Whom did Randy help when he announced what he was recovering from?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) A student.
(d) A colleague.
6. What caused the stress for Randy's girlfriend?
(a) She was angry with her mother.
(b) She was in debt.
(c) She had homework.
(d) She was sick.
7. What did Randy's doctor tell him to do when he got the cancer diagnosis?
(a) Come to God.
(b) Embrace his life.
(c) Get surgery.
(d) Fight till the end.
8. What did Randy feel when men walked on the moon?
(a) It would never happen again.
(b) He was a part of it.
(c) Greater things were coming.
(d) Nothing was impossible.
9. What kind of courses did Randy teach in 1997?
(a) Dynamics of electricity.
(b) Computer science.
(c) Virtual reality.
(d) Contemporary technology.
10. Why was this Randy's last lecture?
(a) He was losing his voice.
(b) He was dying.
(c) He had no more messages to give.
(d) He was retiring.
11. What was the message about dreams really about?
(a) Getting perspective.
(b) Making goals.
(c) Living life.
(d) Educating yourself.
12. How old was Randy when men walked on the moon?
13. What did Randy hope to build in his students?
14. How did Randy take attendance in his class?
(a) By groups.
(b) By seating.
(c) By homework turned in.
(d) By empty chairs.
15. Why was Storytelling Alice made?
(a) To make it more fun for girls.
(b) To add a new function.
(c) To market to more people.
(d) To change the way students looked at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Randy grateful for his cancer?
2. What did Randy hate hearing from co-workers?
3. Whom did Randy learn to fully appreciate after college?
4. What kind of feedback did Randy use often in his classes?
5. How did Randy motivate his students in 1997?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)