|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Randy's wife want him to do the lecture?
(a) She didn't want the children to know.
(b) She wanted him to spend time with her.
(c) She didn't want others to know of his illness.
(d) She didn't want him overworked.
2. Why did Randy miss his wife's birthday?
(a) He was helping the family move.
(b) He was out with friends.
(c) He was preparing for the lecture.
(d) He was in the hospital.
3. What did Randy say were deceiving at the beginning of the book?
4. What was Randy's father's job in the war?
5. According to Randy, who always kept his cockiness in check?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His wife.
6. Where did Randy feel a pain before his cancer diagnosis?
(a) His abdomen.
(b) All of these.
(c) His chest.
(d) His side.
7. How did Randy describe his wife when he first met her?
(a) An ice cube.
(b) A concrete floor.
(c) A brick wall.
(d) A slab of granite.
8. What was the lecture series named when it was Randy's turn?
9. What did Randy choose most carefully for his lecture?
(a) His outfit.
(b) His images.
(c) His seating position.
(d) His words.
10. To what were Randy's parents dedicated?
(c) All of these.
11. What time did Randy begin his lecture?
(a) 5:00 pm.
(b) 6:00 pm.
(c) 12:00 Noon.
(d) 8:00 am.
12. Why did Randy say he was able to live out his childhood dreams?
(a) His parents helped him.
(b) He never gave up.
(c) He found his wife.
(d) He had great teachers.
13. What did Randy's mom teach?
14. What was Randy's main goal while treating his cancer?
(a) To avoid pain.
(b) All of these.
(c) To stay alive.
(d) To forge new paths.
15. Where did Randy meet his wife?
(a) A bar.
(b) A university.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Randy have tumors?
2. What was Randy doing when he met his wife?
3. How long did it take Randy to paint something in high school?
4. What was the name of Randy's lecture?
5. How did Randy's coach say to get self-esteem?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)