|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Randy want to contribute to as an adult?
(a) The World Book Encyclopedia.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) The card catalogue.
2. How did Randy's mother feel about what he painted in high school?
(a) She didn't like it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She was amused by it.
3. What did Randy turn to as a child to learn things?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) The computer.
(c) His parents.
(d) His teachers.
4. What time did Randy begin his lecture?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 12:00 Noon.
(d) 8:00 am.
5. Why did Randy move his family before his death?
(a) So he could fulfill one last dream.
(b) So they could be ain a country setting.
(c) So the payment would be less.
(d) So his wife could be near her family.
6. How did Randy describe cars?
(a) They were a means to an end.
(b) They were valuable pieces of equipment.
(c) They were utilitarian devices.
(d) They were like children.
7. What kind of car did Randy drive?
8. What did Randy paint in high school?
(a) His house.
(b) His room.
(c) His door.
(d) His dog.
9. What did Randy say were deceiving at the beginning of the book?
10. What equation was on Randy's wall?
(a) Equation for area of a cone.
(b) The Pythagorean Theorem.
(c) Quadratic equation.
(d) The Theory of Relativity.
11. Where did Randy have tumors?
(a) His colon.
(b) His liver.
(c) His prostate.
(d) His lungs.
12. What was Carnegie Mellon?
(a) A carnival.
(b) A company.
(c) A city.
(d) A university.
13. What was Randy's father's job in the war?
14. What did Randy have to sort through while preparing his lecture?
(d) All of these.
15. What did Randy write about when he contributed to his childhood dream?
(a) Family relationships.
(b) Virtual Reality.
(d) Computer technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Randy fighting the effects of the night before the lecture?
2. What was Randy happy to do before he died?
3. Why did Randy say he was able to live out his childhood dreams?
4. Why didn't Randy's wife want him to do the lecture?
5. What kind of lottery did Randy say he won?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)