|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Randy describe his wife when he first met her?
(a) A concrete floor.
(b) A slab of granite.
(c) An ice cube.
(d) A brick wall.
2. What did Randy say all children needed to know?
(a) Their parents loved them.
(b) How to solve problems.
(c) Where to turn for help.
(d) What their true worth is.
3. What took away Randy's optimism?
(a) His wife had a breakdown.
(b) He lost liver function.
(c) He was in constant pain.
(d) The treatments didn't work.
4. What did Randy want to contribute to as an adult?
(b) The World Book Encyclopedia.
(c) The card catalogue.
(d) The local newspaper.
5. Randy said his mother's nerves were made of ___________.
6. What did Randy paint in high school?
(a) His house.
(b) His room.
(c) His dog.
(d) His door.
7. Whom did Randy quote more than anyone else?
(a) His father.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
8. How did Randy approach his cancer situation at the beginning?
(a) Like a scientist.
(b) Like a child.
(c) Like a patient.
(d) Like a doctor.
9. To what were Randy's parents dedicated?
(a) All of these.
10. Randy had no patience for ___________.
11. What was Randy doing when he met his wife?
(a) Visiting his sister.
(b) Giving a lecture.
(c) Playing with some children.
(d) Drinking heavily.
12. How did Randy's mother feel about what he painted in high school?
(a) She didn't like it.
(b) She was amused by it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She was confused by it.
13. What was a lecture series based on?
(a) Writing successful books.
(b) Love in the family.
(c) Life altering illnesses.
(d) Lessons learned from life.
14. What was Randy's main goal while treating his cancer?
(a) To avoid pain.
(b) To forge new paths.
(c) To stay alive.
(d) All of these.
15. What sport did Randy love most?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Randy and his wife talk to about the lecture?
2. What did Randy have to do for Jai when they had their first baby?
3. What kind of cancer did Randy have?
4. Where did Randy meet his wife?
5. What did Randy say he could do for his children without being alive?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)