|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Randy's father always encouraged him to work on _________.
2. What was Randy fighting the effects of the night before the lecture?
(d) Pain killers.
3. What was Carnegie Mellon?
(a) A company.
(b) A city.
(c) A university.
(d) A carnival.
4. Randy refused to see his cancer diagnosis as ____________.
(a) His legacy.
(b) A wake up call.
(d) A death sentence.
5. How many tumors did Randy have?
6. What did Randy say all children needed to know?
(a) Their parents loved them.
(b) How to solve problems.
(c) What their true worth is.
(d) Where to turn for help.
7. What was a lecture series based on?
(a) Life altering illnesses.
(b) Writing successful books.
(c) Love in the family.
(d) Lessons learned from life.
8. What did Randy have to do for Jai when they had their first baby?
(a) Hold her hand.
(b) Let her cry.
(c) Talk her into medication.
(d) Keep her calm.
9. Who joined Randy for some fun before his lecture?
10. What did Randy want to contribute to as an adult?
(a) The World Book Encyclopedia.
(c) The card catalogue.
(d) The local newspaper.
11. How did Randy describe cars?
(a) They were utilitarian devices.
(b) They were like children.
(c) They were valuable pieces of equipment.
(d) They were a means to an end.
12. What did Randy's mom teach?
13. What kind of cancer did Randy have?
14. What was inside Randy's Pandora's box?
15. What was the name of Randy's lecture?
(a) Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams.
(b) To My Children With Love.
(c) My Message; My Legacy.
(d) The Last Lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lottery did Randy say he won?
2. Whom did Randy and his wife talk to about the lecture?
3. Why did Randy write this book?
4. What was Randy's main goal while treating his cancer?
5. What did Randy's wife suggest he do instead of a lecture?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)