|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of thinker was Randy?
(a) All of these.
2. Randy's father always encouraged him to work on _________.
3. What was a lecture series based on?
(a) Life altering illnesses.
(b) Lessons learned from life.
(c) Writing successful books.
(d) Love in the family.
4. How long did Randy have to live when the tumors were found?
5. What did Randy have to sort through while preparing his lecture?
(b) All of these.
6. What was Carnegie Mellon?
(a) A carnival.
(b) A university.
(c) A company.
(d) A city.
7. Who pointed out Randy's rudeness to him?
(a) His sister.
(c) A professor.
(d) His father.
8. What was Randy's main goal while treating his cancer?
(a) To avoid pain.
(b) To stay alive.
(c) To forge new paths.
(d) All of these.
9. What did Randy's mom teach?
10. What did Randy learn from his coach?
(a) Speaking skills.
(c) Teaching skills.
(d) Life lessons.
11. How did Randy describe his wife when he first met her?
(a) A concrete floor.
(b) A brick wall.
(c) A slab of granite.
(d) An ice cube.
12. What sport did Randy love most?
13. In what war did Randy's father serve?
(b) WW I.
(c) WW II.
(d) Viet Nam.
14. How did Randy's mother feel about what he painted in high school?
(a) She didn't like it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She was amused by it.
15. How many tumors did Randy have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Randy write this book?
2. What was Randy doing when he met his wife?
3. What did Randy want to contribute to as an adult?
4. What year did Randy's father die?
5. To what were Randy's parents dedicated?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)