|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Randy's father die?
2. Why did Randy write this book?
(a) To make money for his family.
(b) To share with his children.
(c) To record his lecture.
(d) To cope with his grief.
3. Where did Randy go to get his grade school dream?
(c) A church.
(d) A lecture hall.
4. What did Randy always want to experience while in grade school?
(d) Zero gravity.
5. Why did Randy miss his wife's birthday?
(a) He was preparing for the lecture.
(b) He was in the hospital.
(c) He was helping the family move.
(d) He was out with friends.
6. What time did Randy begin his lecture?
(a) 12:00 Noon.
(b) 6:00 pm.
(c) 8:00 am.
(d) 5:00 pm.
7. What did Randy have to sort through while preparing his lecture?
(a) All of these.
8. Whom did Randy interview when he first found out about his cancer?
(a) His students.
(c) Hospital staff.
(d) Other patients.
9. Whom did Randy quote more than anyone else?
(a) His father.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) His grandfather.
10. What did Randy's sister do to his lunch box?
(a) Painted it.
(b) Stomped on it.
(c) Threw it into the street.
(d) Dropped it in a puddle.
11. What was Carnegie Mellon?
(a) A company.
(b) A university.
(c) A carnival.
(d) A city.
12. Randy's father always encouraged him to work on _________.
13. What kind of lottery did Randy say he won?
(a) The Education Lottery.
(b) The Children's Lottery.
(c) The Wife Lottery.
(d) The Parent Lottery.
14. How did Randy look when he was seen driving?
15. Why didn't Randy's wife want him to do the lecture?
(a) She didn't want him overworked.
(b) She didn't want the children to know.
(c) She wanted him to spend time with her.
(d) She didn't want others to know of his illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Randy say all children needed to know?
2. What did Randy want to contribute to as an adult?
3. What did Randy write about when he contributed to his childhood dream?
4. Where did Randy feel a pain before his cancer diagnosis?
5. Randy said his mother's nerves were made of ___________.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)