|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the window of the gift shop next to the Peacock Lounge?
(a) Expensive gold jewelry.
(b) Gaudy gloves and hats.
(c) Jeweled decorative boxes.
(d) Small crystal animals.
2. When Marlowe awakes, what does the picture he sees portray?
(a) The French riviera.
(b) The canals of Venice.
(c) The Boston harbor.
(d) The Mississippi Delta.
3. Who does Eddie tell his partner he hasn't called, because he thought homicide would do it?
(a) The coronor.
(b) The district attorney.
(c) The fingerprint technicians.
(d) The crime scene photographers.
4. What does Marlowe hear as he approaches his apartment?
(a) Two men talking.
(b) His radio playing.
(c) His telephone ringing.
(d) The sound of glass breaking.
5. Where do Andy and Degarmo confront each other?
(a) On the boat dock.
(b) At Andy's car.
(c) On the dam across the lake.
(d) At the door of the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Talley threaten to do if Marlowe won't leave?
2. When Degarmo notices Marlowe is limping, what does he ask?
3. Where does Marlowe suggest Muriel Chess drowned Crystal Kingsley?
4. What does Marlowe see of Patton drawing his weapon?
5. Who breaks the news to Kingsley that his wife is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marlowe call to verify where Kingsley has gone, once he guesses where it is?
2. What does Dobbs say he's going to charge Marlowe with?
3. How does Degarmo act toward the sentries at the dam on the way to the cabin?
4. As Degarmo seemingly gets away, what sentiment does Marlowe utter twice?
5. What does Webber do, when Marlowe tells him about being threatened by Degarmo?
6. What does the parking attendant at the Grenada assume Marlowe is there for?
7. How does Grayson describe Dr. Almore's practice?
8. What is Mrs. Talley's attitude?
9. What does Marlowe notice happening on the street as he tries to talk to Mrs. Talley?
10. How does Marlowe get out of the apartment at the Granada?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)