|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe do when Webber asks him to promise to keep what he's told Marlowe quiet?
(a) Marlowe gives his sincere promise to Webber.
(b) Marlowe promises, but he is lying.
(c) Marlowe nods but doesn't promise.
(d) Marlowe tells Webber that he can't promise.
2. What does Degarmo call the other cop at the scene of the murder Marlowe is framed for?
3. When Degarmo notices Marlowe is limping, what does he ask?
(a) If Marlowe tripped over something.
(b) If Marlowe had an accident.
(c) If Marlowe got into a fight.
(d) If Marlowe slept wrong.
4. Who is in Marlowe's office building when he returns there?
(a) Cleaning women.
(b) The police.
(d) Miss Fromsett.
5. What does Marlowe see of Patton drawing his weapon?
(a) Him pulling the trigger.
(c) Him reaching for his holster.
(d) Him pulling up his weapon to fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mrs. Talley say she has been sick?
2. As Marlowe and Degarmo drive toward the lake cabin, what does Marlowe accuse Degarmo of?
3. What does Patton say about his stomach?
4. How does H.G. Talbot's shirt fit Marlowe?
5. What is on the porch at the bungalow in Westmore Street where Marlowe goes looking for Talley?
Short Essay Questions
1. After leaving the crime scene, what does Degarmo try to convince the other police officer?
2. Why is Marlowe surprised that Mrs. Kingsley would need money from her husband?
3. What does the parking attendant at the Grenada assume Marlowe is there for?
4. What does Marlowe notice happening on the street as he tries to talk to Mrs. Talley?
5. What reason does Marlowe give to Degarmo for telling Degarmo all Marlowe suspects, on the ride up to Kingsley's cabin?
6. How does Degarmo act toward the sentries at the dam on the way to the cabin?
7. How does the desk sergeant annoy Degarmo?
8. According to Marlowe, why did Muriel Chess have an affair with Lavery?
9. How does Grayson describe Mr. Talley?
10. After Patton shoots at Degarmo, what does Degarmo do?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)