|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe believe Almore saw?
(a) Degarmo's former wife at Lavery's house.
(b) Degarmo following Lavery.
(c) The gun that Lavery was killed with.
(d) Degamo giving money to his former wife.
2. Where does Marlowe suggest Muriel Chess drowned Crystal Kingsley?
(a) In the lake.
(b) In a washtub outside the cabin.
(c) In the Kingsley's bathtub.
(d) In the Chess's bathtub.
3. What color is Captain Webber's hair?
4. In Captain Webber's office, where does Degarmo sit?
(a) Next to the door.
(b) Close enough to Marlowe to grab him.
(c) At the end of the desk.
(d) Behind the desk in a large chair.
5. What does Marlowe do when Webber asks him to promise to keep what he's told Marlowe quiet?
(a) Marlowe nods but doesn't promise.
(b) Marlowe promises, but he is lying.
(c) Marlowe tells Webber that he can't promise.
(d) Marlowe gives his sincere promise to Webber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Talley steal from Florence Almore's body?
2. What does Captain Webber think of the investigation of Mrs. Almore's death?
3. How long does Mrs. Talley say she has been sick?
4. What does the cop Eddie who responds to Marlowe's call have behind his ear?
5. What does Patton say about his stomach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Talley's attitude?
2. Where and in what condition do Marlowe and Patton find the car that Degarmo escaped in?
3. How does Marlowe get out of the apartment at the Granada?
4. What does Marlowe notice happening on the street as he tries to talk to Mrs. Talley?
5. Who does Marlowe call to verify where Kingsley has gone, once he guesses where it is?
6. How does Grayson describe Dr. Almore's practice?
7. How does Degarmo act toward the sentries at the dam on the way to the cabin?
8. Why is Marlowe surprised that Mrs. Kingsley would need money from her husband?
9. As Degarmo seemingly gets away, what sentiment does Marlowe utter twice?
10. How does Degarmo react to Marlowe mentioning the idea that Almore murdered his wife and then used his influence to get it hushed up?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)