|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman at the bungalow in Westmore Street assume Marlowe is there for?
(a) To involve Talley in a crime.
(b) To tell her where Talley is.
(c) To collect an unpaid bill.
(d) To arrest Talley.
2. What does Mrs. Talley threaten to do if Marlowe won't leave?
(a) Shoot him.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Have his license taken away.
3. What time is it when Marlowe looks at his watch in the jail cell?
(a) Nine fifty-four.
(b) Eight twenty-three.
(c) Eleven sixteen.
(d) Ten thirty-five.
4. Who does Eddie tell his partner he hasn't called, because he thought homicide would do it?
(a) The fingerprint technicians.
(b) The district attorney.
(c) The crime scene photographers.
(d) The coronor.
5. What does Mr. Grayson smoke while talking to Marlowe?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cigar.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe see of Patton drawing his weapon?
2. What does Degarmo do as he draws his weapon on Patton?
3. How does H.G. Talbot's shirt fit Marlowe?
4. What does Patton say he would have done, if he'd thought of the idea that the body in the lake might have been Crystal Kingsley instead of Muriel Chess?
5. When Marlowe reveals that Mrs. Kingsley has been dead for over a month, what does Kingsley do with his hands?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)