|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe do when Mrs. Kingsley mentions the scarf he's wearing?
(a) He takes it off and holds it in his hands.
(b) He takes it off and throws it on the floor.
(c) He takes it off and wraps it around her neck.
(d) He takes it off and puts it in his pocket.
2. Where does Degarmo write down the information Marlowe gives about his client?
(a) On Lavery's note pad.
(b) On an envelope.
(c) On a napkin.
(d) In his notebook.
3. Who calls Sheriff Patton's office to tell them where Degarmo is?
(a) One of the cabin owners up at the lake.
(b) A cop from San Bernardino.
(c) The sergeant in charge of the Puma Lake dam sentries.
(d) A reporter from the local paper.
4. What color is Captain Webber's hair?
5. Where does Marlowe say Patton could look for evidence that Degarmo is the killer?
(a) On the butt of Degarmo's gun.
(b) Under the fingernails of Degarmo's right hand.
(c) On the back of Degarmo's neck.
(d) On Degarmo's chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Degarmo's status with the police at the time of the murder Marlowe is framed for?
2. How long does Mrs. Talley say she has been sick?
3. What do the police who stop Marlowe make him do?
4. According to Marlowe, did Muriel Chess expect to meet Lavery in San Bernardino?
5. Where does Patton's gunshot hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Patton shoots at Degarmo, what does Degarmo do?
2. What does Marlowe notice happening on the street as he tries to talk to Mrs. Talley?
3. How does Degarmo act toward the sentries at the dam on the way to the cabin?
4. Who is in the Peacock Lounge when Marlowe comes in?
5. What is the big coincidence that Marlowe identifies in the case?
6. What does the parking attendant at the Grenada assume Marlowe is there for?
7. Who does Marlowe call to verify where Kingsley has gone, once he guesses where it is?
8. What does Webber do, when Marlowe tells him about being threatened by Degarmo?
9. What does Dobbs say he's going to charge Marlowe with?
10. What is Mrs. Talley's attitude?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)