|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Sheriff Patton's office to tell them where Degarmo is?
(a) The sergeant in charge of the Puma Lake dam sentries.
(b) A cop from San Bernardino.
(c) A reporter from the local paper.
(d) One of the cabin owners up at the lake.
2. By what nickname does Miss Fromsett call Derace Kingsley?
3. What is in the window of the gift shop next to the Peacock Lounge?
(a) Small crystal animals.
(b) Gaudy gloves and hats.
(c) Expensive gold jewelry.
(d) Jeweled decorative boxes.
4. What does Patton say he would have done, if he'd thought of the idea that the body in the lake might have been Crystal Kingsley instead of Muriel Chess?
(a) Gone to the Los Angeles police.
(b) Tracked down the woman going under the name of Crystal Kingsley.
(c) Thrown the idea out as too far-fetched.
(d) Found a way to identify the body positively.
5. Who do the Graysons suspect Dr. Almore of having an affair with?
(a) Mildred Haviland.
(b) Miss Fromsett.
(c) A woman whose name neither one knows.
(d) Crystal Kingsley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression is on Patton's face when Marlowe says Degarmo knows Marlowe has already proved Mrs. Kingsley innocent?
2. How was Mrs. Kingsley killed?
3. How much does it cost Marlowe to leave his car in the Granada's garage?
4. Who is in Marlowe's office building when he returns there?
5. What does the woman at the bungalow in Westmore Street assume Marlowe is there for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marlowe surprised that Mrs. Kingsley would need money from her husband?
2. What reason does Marlowe give Mrs. Kingsley that she'll miss him?
3. How does Degarmo react to Marlowe mentioning the idea that Almore murdered his wife and then used his influence to get it hushed up?
4. After leaving the crime scene, what does Degarmo try to convince the other police officer?
5. As Degarmo seemingly gets away, what sentiment does Marlowe utter twice?
6. What does Webber do, when Marlowe tells him about being threatened by Degarmo?
7. How does Grayson describe Dr. Almore's practice?
8. Who does Marlowe call to verify where Kingsley has gone, once he guesses where it is?
9. How does Grayson describe Mr. Talley?
10. What important information does Marlowe gain from Captain Webber?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)