|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Andy and Degarmo confront each other?
(a) On the boat dock.
(b) At the door of the cabin.
(c) At Andy's car.
(d) On the dam across the lake.
2. What color is the scarf Miss Fromsett gives Marlowe to wear, to identify him?
(a) Blue and purple.
(b) Orange and red.
(c) Black and gold.
(d) Green and yellow.
3. What does Marlowe see of Patton drawing his weapon?
(b) Him pulling the trigger.
(c) Him pulling up his weapon to fire.
(d) Him reaching for his holster.
4. What does Mrs. Talley threaten to do if Marlowe won't leave?
(a) Shoot him.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Have his license taken away.
5. What evidence does Marlowe have that Degarmo killed his wife?
(a) Degarmo knew Marlowe was hit on the head without looking.
(b) Degarmo left traces on the victim's clothing.
(c) Degarmo was the only one who could have called in the murder.
(d) Degarmo left matches at the crime scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Degarmo and Marlowe stop for at Crestline?
2. Who calls Sheriff Patton's office to tell them where Degarmo is?
3. What is Mrs. Grayson doing, when Marlowe comes to visit the Graysons?
4. What does the woman at the bungalow in Westmore Street assume Marlowe is there for?
5. What does Marlowe think of Degarmo's tactics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dobbs say he's going to charge Marlowe with?
2. After Patton shoots at Degarmo, what does Degarmo do?
3. What does Marlowe say about Muriel's explanation of why she went back to Lavery's the morning after the murder?
4. Who is in the Peacock Lounge when Marlowe comes in?
5. What does Webber do, when Marlowe tells him about being threatened by Degarmo?
6. What does the parking attendant at the Grenada assume Marlowe is there for?
7. What conditions does Marlowe discover in the apartment he enters after leaving the murdered woman's apartment?
8. According to Marlowe, why did Muriel Chess have an affair with Lavery?
9. What is Mrs. Talley's attitude?
10. How does Grayson describe Dr. Almore's practice?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)