|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Webber take off his desk and break, more than once during his interview with Marlowe?
2. What color is the scarf Miss Fromsett gives Marlowe to wear, to identify him?
(a) Black and gold.
(b) Blue and purple.
(c) Orange and red.
(d) Green and yellow.
3. How does Degarmo leave the area of Kingsley's cabin?
(a) In Patton's car.
(b) In Andy's car.
(c) In Kingsley's car.
(d) In Marlowe's car.
4. Where does Marlowe say Patton could look for evidence that Degarmo is the killer?
(a) On Degarmo's chest.
(b) On the back of Degarmo's neck.
(c) On the butt of Degarmo's gun.
(d) Under the fingernails of Degarmo's right hand.
5. What do Degarmo and Marlowe stop for at Crestline?
(d) A beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Degarmo from getting away?
2. How long does Mrs. Talley say she has been sick?
3. Where is Derace Kingsley when Degarmo and Marlowe get to the cabin?
4. Where do Andy and Degarmo confront each other?
5. What do the police who stop Marlowe make him do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dobbs say he's going to charge Marlowe with?
2. What does Webber do, when Marlowe tells him about being threatened by Degarmo?
3. Where and in what condition do Marlowe and Patton find the car that Degarmo escaped in?
4. What does the parking attendant at the Grenada assume Marlowe is there for?
5. What does Degarmo do when Patton makes it clear that he can't let Degarmo go?
6. According to Marlowe, why did Muriel Chess have an affair with Lavery?
7. Who is in the Peacock Lounge when Marlowe comes in?
8. How does the desk sergeant annoy Degarmo?
9. What is Mrs. Talley's attitude?
10. How does Degarmo act toward the sentries at the dam on the way to the cabin?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)