|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marlowe reveals that Mrs. Kingsley has been dead for over a month, what does Kingsley do with his hands?
(a) He clenches his fists.
(b) He grabs his face.
(c) He smacks Degarmo.
(d) He grabs Marlowe's arm.
2. What does Mrs. Kingsley do when Marlowe tells her Bill says she made a pass at him?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She admits it.
(d) She groans.
3. What does Marlowe do when Mrs. Kingsley mentions the scarf he's wearing?
(a) He takes it off and holds it in his hands.
(b) He takes it off and puts it in his pocket.
(c) He takes it off and wraps it around her neck.
(d) He takes it off and throws it on the floor.
4. Where does Marlowe suggest Muriel Chess drowned Crystal Kingsley?
(a) In a washtub outside the cabin.
(b) In the Chess's bathtub.
(c) In the lake.
(d) In the Kingsley's bathtub.
5. When Marlowe returns to Lavery's house to report the murder, what sound does he hear in the quiet house?
(a) The hum of a heater in the bedroom.
(b) The ticking of a clock in the living room.
(c) Dripping water from the bathroom.
(d) The buzz of bees from the back yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe say Patton should do, when Degarmo wants to leave?
2. Where is Mrs. Kingsley's body, when Marlowe awakes?
3. What is Dobbs doing in two weeks?
4. What do Degarmo and Marlowe stop for at Crestline?
5. When Degarmo first pulls his gun, where is it pointed?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)