|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kingsley do when Marlowe tells her Bill says she made a pass at him?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She admits it.
(c) She groans.
(d) She slaps him.
2. Why does Cooney want to beat up Marlowe, after Dobbs tells him to stop?
(a) Marlowe spit at him.
(b) Marlowe insulted him.
(c) Marlowe hit him in the face and made his nose bleed.
(d) Marlowe hit him in his sore knee, where he'd once been shot.
3. When Marlowe reveals that Mrs. Kingsley has been dead for over a month, what does Kingsley do with his hands?
(a) He smacks Degarmo.
(b) He clenches his fists.
(c) He grabs his face.
(d) He grabs Marlowe's arm.
4. Who talked to Mrs. Kingsley when she called to ask for money?
(a) Miss Fromsett.
(b) Mr. Kingsley.
(c) The telephone operator.
5. How much does it cost Marlowe to leave his car in the Granada's garage?
(a) A dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A dollar fifty.
(d) Two dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the envelope Marlowe finds in his office from?
2. Whose car is in Kingsley's garage when Degarmo and Marlowe go to Kingsley's house?
3. Does Kingsley say he was in Bay City the previous night?
4. How was Mrs. Kingsley killed?
5. What does Miss Fromsett say when Degarmo and Marlowe ask her where Kingsley is?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Degarmo seemingly gets away, what sentiment does Marlowe utter twice?
2. What does Marlowe say about Muriel's explanation of why she went back to Lavery's the morning after the murder?
3. What important information does Marlowe gain from Captain Webber?
4. How does Grayson describe Dr. Almore's practice?
5. What does Webber do, when Marlowe tells him about being threatened by Degarmo?
6. What is the reaction of the younger policeman, Eddie, when he sees the gun on the table?
7. What conditions does Marlowe discover in the apartment he enters after leaving the murdered woman's apartment?
8. Who does Marlowe call to verify where Kingsley has gone, once he guesses where it is?
9. What reason does Marlowe give to Degarmo for telling Degarmo all Marlowe suspects, on the ride up to Kingsley's cabin?
10. What does Marlowe notice happening on the street as he tries to talk to Mrs. Talley?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)