|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Marlowe think Mrs. Almore was alive when she was brought to the garage?
(a) No, he thinks she had been poisoned.
(b) Yes, he thinks she was awake.
(c) Yes, he thinks she was in a morphine coma.
(d) No, he thinks she had been gassed upstairs.
2. What does Marlowe believe Almore saw?
(a) The gun that Lavery was killed with.
(b) Degarmo following Lavery.
(c) Degamo giving money to his former wife.
(d) Degarmo's former wife at Lavery's house.
3. What is Mrs. Grayson doing, when Marlowe comes to visit the Graysons?
(a) Darning socks.
(b) Polishing brass.
(c) Ironing shirts.
(d) Cooking dinner.
4. What does Webber take off his desk and break, more than once during his interview with Marlowe?
5. What does Marlowe see of Patton drawing his weapon?
(a) Him pulling the trigger.
(b) Him pulling up his weapon to fire.
(c) Him reaching for his holster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Degarmo do as he draws his weapon on Patton?
2. According to Marlowe, did Muriel Chess expect to meet Lavery in San Bernardino?
3. What does Degarmo say when Marlowe asks if he should keep their previous meeting private?
4. What does the cop Eddie who responds to Marlowe's call have behind his ear?
5. As Marlowe and Degarmo drive toward the lake cabin, what does Marlowe accuse Degarmo of?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)