|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marlowe reveals that Mrs. Kingsley has been dead for over a month, what does Kingsley do with his hands?
(a) He grabs Marlowe's arm.
(b) He grabs his face.
(c) He smacks Degarmo.
(d) He clenches his fists.
2. Where do Andy and Degarmo confront each other?
(a) At the door of the cabin.
(b) On the dam across the lake.
(c) At Andy's car.
(d) On the boat dock.
3. What does Patton say about his stomach?
(a) It's been growling all morning, waiting for Degarmo and Marlowe.
(b) It tells him that Kingsley's no murderer.
(c) His big belly makes a nice target.
(d) His belly keeps growing and growing from sitting behind a desk.
4. By what nickname does Miss Fromsett call Derace Kingsley?
5. Who breaks the news to Kingsley that his wife is dead?
(b) Sheriff Patton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H.G. Talbot's shirt fit Marlowe?
2. Who calls Sheriff Patton's office to tell them where Degarmo is?
3. Who talked to Mrs. Kingsley when she called to ask for money?
4. What does Marlowe do with his gun when he's stopped by the police?
5. How do Marlowe and Degarmo leave the murder scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in the Peacock Lounge when Marlowe comes in?
2. How does Grayson describe Mr. Talley?
3. What is Mrs. Talley's attitude?
4. What does Webber do, when Marlowe tells him about being threatened by Degarmo?
5. What reason does Marlowe give Mrs. Kingsley that she'll miss him?
6. What does the parking attendant at the Grenada assume Marlowe is there for?
7. As Degarmo seemingly gets away, what sentiment does Marlowe utter twice?
8. How does Grayson describe Dr. Almore's practice?
9. How does Degarmo react to Marlowe mentioning the idea that Almore murdered his wife and then used his influence to get it hushed up?
10. After leaving the crime scene, what does Degarmo try to convince the other police officer?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)