|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marlowe's cellmate doing?
2. What does Marlowe see of Patton drawing his weapon?
(a) Him reaching for his holster.
(c) Him pulling the trigger.
(d) Him pulling up his weapon to fire.
3. Who do the Graysons suspect Dr. Almore of having an affair with?
(a) A woman whose name neither one knows.
(b) Mildred Haviland.
(c) Miss Fromsett.
(d) Crystal Kingsley.
4. What do Degarmo and Marlowe stop for at Crestline?
(c) A beer.
5. When Degarmo notices Marlowe is limping, what does he ask?
(a) If Marlowe had an accident.
(b) If Marlowe tripped over something.
(c) If Marlowe slept wrong.
(d) If Marlowe got into a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misleading statement does Marlowe give Degarmo?
2. Where is Derace Kingsley when Degarmo and Marlowe get to the cabin?
3. What prevents Degarmo from getting away?
4. Who is the envelope Marlowe finds in his office from?
5. When Marlowe reveals that Mrs. Kingsley has been dead for over a month, what does Kingsley do with his hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Marlowe give to Degarmo for telling Degarmo all Marlowe suspects, on the ride up to Kingsley's cabin?
2. What reason does Marlowe give Mrs. Kingsley that she'll miss him?
3. What is the reaction of the younger policeman, Eddie, when he sees the gun on the table?
4. What important information does Marlowe gain from Captain Webber?
5. As Degarmo seemingly gets away, what sentiment does Marlowe utter twice?
6. How does Marlowe get out of the apartment at the Granada?
7. Where and in what condition do Marlowe and Patton find the car that Degarmo escaped in?
8. Why is Marlowe surprised that Mrs. Kingsley would need money from her husband?
9. What conditions does Marlowe discover in the apartment he enters after leaving the murdered woman's apartment?
10. According to Marlowe, why did Muriel Chess have an affair with Lavery?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)