|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cooney want to beat up Marlowe, after Dobbs tells him to stop?
(a) Marlowe spit at him.
(b) Marlowe hit him in his sore knee, where he'd once been shot.
(c) Marlowe insulted him.
(d) Marlowe hit him in the face and made his nose bleed.
2. What reason does Mrs. Kingsley give for going back to Lavery's after shooting him?
(a) He had taken all her money.
(b) She decided to try to frame someone else.
(c) She wanted to geet rid of the gun.
(d) She had left behind a clue to her identity.
3. What is on the porch at the bungalow in Westmore Street where Marlowe goes looking for Talley?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A tree.
(c) A chair.
(d) A bench swing.
4. How long does Mrs. Talley say she has been sick?
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
5. Who is the envelope Marlowe finds in his office from?
(a) Miss Fromsett.
(c) An anonymous source.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Talley steal from Florence Almore's body?
2. What does Degarmo call the other cop at the scene of the murder Marlowe is framed for?
3. What color is Captain Webber's hair?
4. What time is it when Marlowe looks at his watch in the jail cell?
5. Where is Mrs. Kingsley's body, when Marlowe awakes?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)