|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Degarmo from getting away?
(a) He runs out of gas.
(b) He tries to take a back road that he doesn't know.
(c) He drives recklessly fast.
(d) He doesn't stop for the dam sentries.
2. What time do Degarmo and Marlowe arrive at Miss Fromsett's apartment building, according to the clerk's wristwatch?
(a) Two fourty-six in the morning.
(b) Three fifty-four in the morning.
(c) Four twenty-three in the morning.
(d) Three seventeen in the morning.
3. When Marlowe awakes, what does he reek of?
4. As Marlowe and Degarmo drive toward the lake cabin, what does Marlowe accuse Degarmo of?
(a) Killing Mrs. Kingsley.
(b) Hiring an imperonator to play Mrs. Kingsley.
(c) Covering up for Lavery's murderer.
(d) Letting his wife get away with murdering Mrs. Almore.
5. By what nickname does Miss Fromsett call Derace Kingsley?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Captain Webber's office, where does Degarmo sit?
2. When Degarmo first pulls his gun, where is it pointed?
3. What kind of flowers are on Miss Fromsett's earrings, when she comes to Marlowe's apartment?
4. What misleading statement does Marlowe give Degarmo?
5. What did Talley steal from Florence Almore's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grayson describe Mr. Talley?
2. Who is in the Peacock Lounge when Marlowe comes in?
3. How does Marlowe get out of the apartment at the Granada?
4. What is the big coincidence that Marlowe identifies in the case?
5. What does Degarmo do when Patton makes it clear that he can't let Degarmo go?
6. How does Grayson describe Dr. Almore's practice?
7. After leaving the crime scene, what does Degarmo try to convince the other police officer?
8. Why is Marlowe surprised that Mrs. Kingsley would need money from her husband?
9. After Patton shoots at Degarmo, what does Degarmo do?
10. Where and in what condition do Marlowe and Patton find the car that Degarmo escaped in?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)