|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kingsley tell Marlowe, when Marlowe asks if Mrs. Kingsley has a gun?
(a) Yes, she has a small automatic.
(b) He refuses to say.
(c) No, she does not have a gun.
(d) Yes, she has a target pistol.
2. What is the first thing Kingsley does, when he goes into his private office with Marlowe?
(a) He opens the safe.
(b) He lights a cigar.
(c) He gets a file out of his desk drawer.
(d) He takes the phone off the hook and turns off the intercom.
3. Where do Marlowe and Miss Fromsett go to talk privately?
(a) Into a luchroom.
(b) Into a supply room.
(c) Into an empty conference room.
(d) Into Kingsley's office.
4. Did anyone tell Muriel about the man who was possibly looking for her, according to Birdie?
(a) Birdie did.
(b) No one Birdie knows of did.
(c) Jim Patton did.
(d) Bill Chess did.
5. Where does Almore watch from, as the big, blond, blue-eyed man accosts Marlowe?
(a) His porch.
(b) His car.
(c) His window.
(d) His garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Degarmo asks Marlowe if someone hired him. Who?
2. Who does the police lieutenant who comes to see Marlowe say will want to talk to Marlowe before the inquest?
3. Why does Marlowe decide that Almore must know Lavery?
4. What does Marlowe ask Kingsley, before explaining what he's discovered?
5. What floor is Marlowe's room on, at the Prescott Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlowe say to do about the handkerchief.
2. How does Marlowe know the name of the person who lives across the street from Lavery?
3. What do Bill Chess's wife and Kingsley's wife have in common?
4. How does Bill Chess respond when Marlowe asks if Muriel and Crystal might have gone away together?
5. How does Miss Fromsett describe Florence Almore?
6. What does Bill Chess do to himself, after shouting at the sheriff to arrest him?
7. What does Marlowe say that they'll have to do to get financial information about Kingsley's wife?
8. How does Marlowe handle his long wait in Kingsley's office lobby?
9. Where is Lavery going, when he leaves the house?
10. Where do Marlowe and Birdie go to talk?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)