|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miss Fromsett say she'll look for the name of Mrs. Almore's parents?
(a) In the funeral records at the local churches.
(b) In the marriage registry at the town hall.
(c) In a death notice in the LA papers.
(d) In the death records at the town hall.
2. What do most of the Athletic Club members seem to do in the club library?
3. What is Lavery's arm like when Marlowe pulls at it?
(a) Warm and pliable.
(b) Cold and stiff.
(c) Cold and pliable.
(d) Warm and stiff.
4. Why does Marlowe think Almore won't tell him anything about Lavery?
(a) Because Almore is a doctor.
(b) Because of Almore's face.
(c) Because Almore seems nervous.
(d) Because that's what Marlowe's luck is like.
5. What does Marlowe ask Kingsley for?
(a) A request for information to the police.
(b) A note of introduction to the cabin caretaker.
(c) A written outline of the terms of their agreement.
(d) A selection of photographs of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe say he's come to see Lavery about?
2. When was the party that Kingsley's wife was supposed to go to, but that she never showed up for?
3. How does Marlowe see Almore telephoning?
4. Who does the police lieutenant who comes to see Marlowe say will want to talk to Marlowe before the inquest?
5. What communication did Kingsley receive after his wife went missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlowe say to do about the handkerchief.
2. What excuse does Bill Chess give for his erratic behavior?
3. How does the woman in Lavery's house leave?
4. What does Marlowe say that they'll have to do to get financial information about Kingsley's wife?
5. What gives Marlowe a scare while he is searching the Chesses' cabin?
6. How does Kingsley act, when Marlowe first meets him?
7. What do Bill Chess's wife and Kingsley's wife have in common?
8. What items of interest does Marlowe find in Lavery's closet?
9. What things does Marlowe list that might have happened to Kingsley's wife?
10. What does Marlowe discover when he examines the item he takes from the woman in Lavery's house?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)