|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe find in Muriel Chess's bedroom that he thinks she wouldn't have left behind?
(a) A silk slip.
(b) A fashionable new hat.
(c) An expensive necklace.
(d) A tailored suit.
2. What floor is Marlowe's room on, at the Prescott Hotel?
(a) The fourh floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The sixth floor.
(d) The eighth floor.
3. Where does Almore watch from, as the big, blond, blue-eyed man accosts Marlowe?
(a) His car.
(b) His garage.
(c) His porch.
(d) His window.
4. Who found Florence Almore's body?
(a) Lou Condy.
(b) Dr. Almore.
(c) Miss Fromsett.
(d) Chris Lavery.
5. What reason does Lavery give that Crystal Kingsley might have wanted to get back at him?
(a) He stood her up.
(b) He fought with her, and they broke up.
(c) She saw him with someone else.
(d) He stole money from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of the Athletic Club members seem to do in the club library?
2. What name does Marlowe give the woman he meets in Lavery's house?
3. What jarring action does Lavery take before Marlowe leaves?
4. What color are the drapes and carpet in Kingsley's private office?
5. What are the initials on the handkerchief Marlowe finds in Lavery's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlowe say to do about the handkerchief.
2. How does Mr. Kingsley feel about his secretary?
3. What do Bill Chess's wife and Kingsley's wife have in common?
4. How does Kingsley react to news of Muriel's death?
5. How does Miss Fromsett describe Florence Almore?
6. What does Lavery look like?
7. What does Marlowe say that they'll have to do to get financial information about Kingsley's wife?
8. What does Birdie know about Marlowe's identity?
9. What items of interest does Marlowe find in Lavery's closet?
10. Under what terms does Marlowe accept the offer of five hundred dollars from Kingsley?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)