|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is the perfume Marlowe smelled in Lavery's bedroom the same kind Miss Fromsett wears?
(a) Yes, it's a scent she wears occassionally.
(b) No, it's the scent of a different type of flower.
(c) No, it's a cheaper, synthetic scent.
(d) Yes, it's a scent she wears all the time.
2. Where did the sheriff find Muriel's anklet?
(a) In a hollowed-out book.
(b) In a box of confectioner's sugar.
(c) In a sofa cushion.
(d) In a cookie jar.
3. Degarmo asks Marlowe if someone hired him. Who?
(a) "Her" husband.
(b) "Her" parents.
(c) "Her" lawyer.
(d) "Her" boyfriend.
4. When does Lavery say he was up at Little Fawn Lake?
(a) The second week in May.
(b) The first week in May.
(c) The third week in May.
(d) The last week in April.
5. What color is the lobby of the building Phillip Marlowe goes to at the beginning of the first chapter?
(a) Silver and white.
(b) Blue and green.
(c) Gray and yellow.
(d) Black and gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Florence Almore's body?
2. What does Marlowe tell Birdie?
3. What is the first thing Kingsley does, when he goes into his private office with Marlowe?
4. When Marlowe confronts Kingsley with the gun from Lavery's, does Kingsley recognize it?
5. When Marlowe returns to Lavery's house, what does he notice about the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marlowe call to verify where Kingsley has gone, once he guesses where it is?
2. How does Kingsley act, when Marlowe first meets him?
3. Why is Marlowe surprised that Mrs. Kingsley would need money from her husband?
4. What items of interest does Marlowe find in Lavery's closet?
5. Where do Marlowe and Birdie go to talk?
6. Who is in the Peacock Lounge when Marlowe comes in?
7. What things does Marlowe list that might have happened to Kingsley's wife?
8. What does Marlowe say about Muriel's explanation of why she went back to Lavery's the morning after the murder?
9. What is the big coincidence that Marlowe identifies in the case?
10. What does Webber do, when Marlowe tells him about being threatened by Degarmo?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)