|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marlowe describe Adrienne Fromsett?
(a) Slight, small, and blonde.
(b) Tall, lean, and dark-haired.
(c) Short, blue-eyed, and black-haired.
(d) A hard, tough redhead.
2. What does Marlowe see in the water that looks like underwatter flooring?
(a) A sunken swimming float.
(b) A cabin that's fallen into the water.
(c) A sunken boat landing.
(d) A sunken walkway.
3. What room does Marlowe find locked?
(a) A closet.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen pantry.
(d) The den.
4. Where does the Prescott Hotel bellhop say he's from?
(a) Short Springs, Kentucky.
(b) Portland, Oregon.
(c) Rock Cove, Maine.
(d) Amarillo, Texas.
5. Degarmo asks Marlowe if someone hired him. Who?
(a) "Her" lawyer.
(b) "Her" husband.
(c) "Her" boyfriend.
(d) "Her" parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marlowe wipe the gun down with a handkerchief?
2. What impression does Marlowe have from Miss Fromsett, after she gives him Chris Lavery's address?
3. What does Marlowe use to open the locked door?
4. What name does Marlowe give the woman he meets in Lavery's house?
5. Where was Crystal Kingsley's car discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Chess respond when Marlowe asks if Muriel and Crystal might have gone away together?
2. How does the woman in Lavery's house leave?
3. What do Bill Chess's wife and Kingsley's wife have in common?
4. What does Bill Chess do to himself, after shouting at the sheriff to arrest him?
5. What does Lavery look like?
6. What gives Marlowe a scare while he is searching the Chesses' cabin?
7. What excuse does Bill Chess give for his erratic behavior?
8. What does Marlowe discover when he examines the item he takes from the woman in Lavery's house?
9. What items of interest does Marlowe find in Lavery's closet?
10. How does Kingsley react to news of Muriel's death?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)