|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe say he's come to see Lavery about?
(a) His stock portfolio.
(b) His car payments.
(c) The purchase of some jewelry.
(d) A bank loan.
2. What does Kingsley tell Marlowe, when Marlowe asks if Mrs. Kingsley has a gun?
(a) He refuses to say.
(b) Yes, she has a small automatic.
(c) No, she does not have a gun.
(d) Yes, she has a target pistol.
3. What floor is Marlowe's room on, at the Prescott Hotel?
(a) The sixth floor.
(b) The eighth floor.
(c) The fourh floor.
(d) The second floor.
4. When Kingsley leaves his office, where does he tell Miss Fromsett he is going?
(b) To get a newspaper.
(c) To get his hair cut.
(d) To buy cigarettes.
5. What is Miss Fromsett's alibi for Lavery's murder?
(a) She was at the office.
(b) She was at a restaurant.
(c) She was at a beauty salon.
(d) She was at a drug store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miss Fromsett say she'll look for the name of Mrs. Almore's parents?
2. What does Degarmo accuse Marlowe of?
3. What reason does Lavery give that Crystal Kingsley might have wanted to get back at him?
4. What does the guard at Puma Lake dam have Marlowe do before driving over?
5. Why does Marlowe decide that Almore must know Lavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kingsley act, when Marlowe first meets him?
2. What does the parking attendant at the Grenada assume Marlowe is there for?
3. After leaving the crime scene, what does Degarmo try to convince the other police officer?
4. How would you characterize the way that Miss Fromsett treats Marlowe?
5. How does Grayson describe Mr. Talley?
6. Who is in the Peacock Lounge when Marlowe comes in?
7. At the end of chapter fourteen, what does Marlowe tell Kingsley is his next step?
8. What does Marlowe say that they'll have to do to get financial information about Kingsley's wife?
9. What important information does Marlowe gain from Captain Webber?
10. What does Marlowe say to do about the handkerchief.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)