|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the sheriff find Muriel's anklet?
(a) In a hollowed-out book.
(b) In a sofa cushion.
(c) In a cookie jar.
(d) In a box of confectioner's sugar.
2. Where was Crystal Kingsley's car discovered?
(a) The Prescott Hotel.
(b) The Austin Arms Resort.
(c) The Tuscany Hotel.
(d) The Montaign Hotel.
3. What was the detective who Mrs. Almore's parents hired to investigate her death sent to jail for?
(a) Impersonating a police officer.
(b) Possession of illegal drugs.
(c) Drunk driving.
(d) Reckless endangerment.
4. What does Marlowe hear as he approaches the nearest cabin at the lake?
(a) A bear somewhere in the woods.
(b) A motorboat in the water.
(c) The sound of a chainsaw.
(d) Someone using an axe.
5. What is the woman Marlowe meets at Lavery's house holding?
(a) A chain.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding the gold heart, who does Marlowe speculate killed Muriel?
2. What does the guard at Puma Lake dam have Marlowe do before driving over?
3. Why does Marlowe think Almore won't tell him anything about Lavery?
4. What does Marlowe tell Birdie?
5. What floor is Marlowe's room on, at the Prescott Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of the younger policeman, Eddie, when he sees the gun on the table?
2. How does Kingsley act, when Marlowe first meets him?
3. What important information does the bellhop at the Prescott Hotel offer, based on the photo of Crystal Kingsley?
4. What reason does Sheriff Patton give why Bill might have stayed in town if he killed his wife?
5. What does the parking attendant at the Grenada assume Marlowe is there for?
6. What gives Marlowe a scare while he is searching the Chesses' cabin?
7. Under what terms does Marlowe accept the offer of five hundred dollars from Kingsley?
8. What items of interest does Marlowe find in Lavery's closet?
9. How does Marlowe get out of the apartment at the Granada?
10. What does Birdie know about Marlowe's identity?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)