|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Degarmo call the other cop at the scene of the murder Marlowe is framed for?
2. Who calls Sheriff Patton's office to tell them where Degarmo is?
(a) A reporter from the local paper.
(b) A cop from San Bernardino.
(c) The sergeant in charge of the Puma Lake dam sentries.
(d) One of the cabin owners up at the lake.
3. Where does Marlowe suggest Muriel Chess drowned Crystal Kingsley?
(a) In the lake.
(b) In a washtub outside the cabin.
(c) In the Kingsley's bathtub.
(d) In the Chess's bathtub.
4. What motives does Marlowe ascribe to Muriel Chess for killing Crystal Kingsley?
(b) Jealousy and money.
(c) Hatred and love.
(d) Blackmail and jealousy.
5. What does Captain Webber think of the investigation of Mrs. Almore's death?
(a) It involved no investigation at all.
(b) It was fairly thorough.
(c) It was comprehensive and conclusive.
(d) It was a little superficial.
6. Who does Eddie tell his partner he hasn't called, because he thought homicide would do it?
(a) The crime scene photographers.
(b) The coronor.
(c) The district attorney.
(d) The fingerprint technicians.
7. Where does Patton's gunshot hit?
(a) Degarmo's knee.
(b) Degarmo's revolver.
(c) The wall behind Degarmo.
(d) Degarmo's shoulder.
8. What is Marlowe's cellmate doing?
9. Where is Derace Kingsley when Degarmo and Marlowe get to the cabin?
(a) Asleep on the floor.
(b) Asleep in the bed.
(c) Asleep in a chair.
(d) Asleep in the tub.
10. How does H.G. Talbot's shirt fit Marlowe?
(a) It fits him perfectly.
(b) It is so small he can't fit his arms in it.
(c) It is too large.
(d) It is a little too tight.
11. Whose car is in Kingsley's garage when Degarmo and Marlowe go to Kingsley's house?
(a) The butler's.
(b) The maid's.
(c) The gardner's.
(d) The cook's.
12. What does Marlowe think of Degarmo's tactics?
(a) He thinks Degarmo's tactics are funny.
(b) He thinks Degarmo's tactics are stupid.
(c) He thinks Degarmo's tactics are sly.
(d) He thinks Degarmo's tactics are clever.
13. What is Degarmo's status with the police at the time of the murder Marlowe is framed for?
(a) He has been demoted.
(b) He is confined to desk duty.
(c) He is suspended.
(d) He is under an official behavioral warning.
14. What does Webber take off his desk and break, more than once during his interview with Marlowe?
15. By what nickname does Miss Fromsett call Derace Kingsley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Degarmo do as he draws his weapon on Patton?
2. What time is it when Marlowe looks at his watch in the jail cell?
3. What does Patton do, when he admits to Degarmo that he knew the woman in the photo Degarmo showed around town and didn't tell him?
4. What is in the window of the gift shop next to the Peacock Lounge?
5. Does Marlowe think Mrs. Almore was alive when she was brought to the garage?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)