|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe think of Degarmo's tactics?
(a) He thinks Degarmo's tactics are clever.
(b) He thinks Degarmo's tactics are funny.
(c) He thinks Degarmo's tactics are stupid.
(d) He thinks Degarmo's tactics are sly.
2. Who does Eddie tell his partner he hasn't called, because he thought homicide would do it?
(a) The crime scene photographers.
(b) The coronor.
(c) The fingerprint technicians.
(d) The district attorney.
3. What does Webber take off his desk and break, more than once during his interview with Marlowe?
4. What does Degarmo say when Marlowe asks if he should keep their previous meeting private?
(a) He says the captain already knows.
(b) He says Marlowe better keep his mouth shut.
(c) He says Marlowe can talk about it all he likes.
(d) He says they never met before.
5. Who breaks the news to Kingsley that his wife is dead?
(a) Sheriff Patton.
6. Is Marlowe charged with a crime?
(a) Yes, but the paperwork gets "lost."
(b) No, he is never officially booked.
(c) Yes, but the charges are dropped after he talks with Webber.
(d) No, because Webber intervenes before the papers are filed.
7. How was Mrs. Kingsley killed?
(a) She was hit with a bottle.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was shot.
8. By what nickname does Miss Fromsett call Derace Kingsley?
9. What does Marlowe say Patton should do, when Degarmo wants to leave?
(a) Take his gun away.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Let him go.
10. Why does Cooney want to beat up Marlowe, after Dobbs tells him to stop?
(a) Marlowe spit at him.
(b) Marlowe insulted him.
(c) Marlowe hit him in his sore knee, where he'd once been shot.
(d) Marlowe hit him in the face and made his nose bleed.
11. Who talked to Mrs. Kingsley when she called to ask for money?
(a) The telephone operator.
(b) Miss Fromsett.
(c) Mr. Kingsley.
12. Who is in Marlowe's office building when he returns there?
(a) The police.
(b) Miss Fromsett.
(d) Cleaning women.
13. What misleading statement does Marlowe give Degarmo?
(a) That he doesn't remember what happened after he arrived in the apartment.
(b) That Mrs. Kingsley didn't confess to anything before pulling the gun.
(c) That he saw Kingsley wearing the scarf earlier in the evening.
(d) That he saw the face of the man who hit him.
14. What does Marlowe do with his gun when he's stopped by the police?
(a) He puts it in his lap.
(b) He holsters it.
(c) He puts it back in the glove compartment.
(d) He hides it in his pocket.
15. How does Degarmo leave the area of Kingsley's cabin?
(a) In Andy's car.
(b) In Patton's car.
(c) In Kingsley's car.
(d) In Marlowe's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marlowe awakes, what does he reek of?
2. What do the police who stop Marlowe make him do?
3. How much does it cost Marlowe to leave his car in the Granada's garage?
4. When Degarmo notices Marlowe is limping, what does he ask?
5. What color is Captain Webber's hair?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)