Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Degarmo leave the area of Kingsley's cabin?
(a) In Kingsley's car.
(b) In Marlowe's car.
(c) In Andy's car.
(d) In Patton's car.
2. How do Marlowe and Degarmo leave the murder scene?
(a) In Marlowe's car.
(b) In a police squad car.
(c) In a taxi.
(d) In Degarmo's unmarked car.
3. What does Marlowe do when Webber asks him to promise to keep what he's told Marlowe quiet?
(a) Marlowe nods but doesn't promise.
(b) Marlowe promises, but he is lying.
(c) Marlowe tells Webber that he can't promise.
(d) Marlowe gives his sincere promise to Webber.
4. What does Marlowe hear as he sits in his jail cell?
(a) A man rattling on the bars.
(b) A guard laughing.
(c) A harmonica playing.
(d) A woman screaming.
5. What does the cop Eddie who responds to Marlowe's call have behind his ear?
(a) A stick of gum.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A carnation.
6. What does Marlowe see of Patton drawing his weapon?
(b) Him pulling the trigger.
(c) Him pulling up his weapon to fire.
(d) Him reaching for his holster.
7. What does Marlowe tell Mrs. Kingsley to distract her and make her move?
(a) That she's too close and the gun safety isn't off.
(b) That her gun is going to misfire.
(c) That he saw a man moving behind the curtain.
(d) That he's heard a noise out in the hallway.
8. What is Mrs. Grayson doing, when Marlowe comes to visit the Graysons?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Darning socks.
(c) Polishing brass.
(d) Ironing shirts.
9. Where does Marlowe say Patton could look for evidence that Degarmo is the killer?
(a) On Degarmo's chest.
(b) On the butt of Degarmo's gun.
(c) Under the fingernails of Degarmo's right hand.
(d) On the back of Degarmo's neck.
10. What does Patton say about his stomach?
(a) His big belly makes a nice target.
(b) It's been growling all morning, waiting for Degarmo and Marlowe.
(c) It tells him that Kingsley's no murderer.
(d) His belly keeps growing and growing from sitting behind a desk.
11. What does Degarmo call the other cop at the scene of the murder Marlowe is framed for?
12. What does Patton do, when he admits to Degarmo that he knew the woman in the photo Degarmo showed around town and didn't tell him?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He accuses Degarmo of deception.
(c) He blamed Degarmo.
(d) He says he would do the same thing again.
13. What prevents Degarmo from getting away?
(a) He doesn't stop for the dam sentries.
(b) He tries to take a back road that he doesn't know.
(c) He drives recklessly fast.
(d) He runs out of gas.
14. What color is Captain Webber's hair?
15. What does Marlowe hear as he approaches his apartment?
(a) Two men talking.
(b) His telephone ringing.
(c) The sound of glass breaking.
(d) His radio playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kingsley do when Marlowe tells her Bill says she made a pass at him?
2. What is Degarmo's status with the police at the time of the murder Marlowe is framed for?
3. Who is the envelope Marlowe finds in his office from?
4. What does Marlowe do when Mrs. Kingsley mentions the scarf he's wearing?
5. When Marlowe brushes his hair, what does he notice about it?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)