Short Answer Key
Chapters One - Two
1. What building is Derace Kingsley's office in?
The Treloar Building.
2. What color is the lobby of the building Phillip Marlowe goes to at the beginning of the first chapter?
Black and gold.
3. What does Derace Kingsley's company make?
4. How does Marlowe describe Adrienne Fromsett?
Tall, lean, and dark-haired.
5. What jewelry does Adrienne Fromsett wear?
A linked bracelet.
6. What icon does Marlowe have on the business card that he doesn't give to Adrienne Fromsett?
A tommy gun.
7. What animal does Marlowe compare the blonde at the PBX to?
8. When Kingsley leaves his office, where does he tell Miss Fromsett he is going?
To get his hair cut.
9. How long does Kingsley say he'll give Marlowe?
10. What color are the drapes and carpet in Kingsley's private office?
This section contains 2,733 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)