|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirty-three - Thirty-five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marlowe describe Adrienne Fromsett?
(a) Tall, lean, and dark-haired.
(b) Slight, small, and blonde.
(c) A hard, tough redhead.
(d) Short, blue-eyed, and black-haired.
2. Who does Birdie say came to town looking for someone who might have been Muriel Chess?
(a) An elderly man from the midwest.
(b) A Las Vegas tough guy.
(c) A San Francisco private detective.
(d) A Los Angeles cop.
3. Where does Almore watch from, as the big, blond, blue-eyed man accosts Marlowe?
(a) His window.
(b) His porch.
(c) His car.
(d) His garage.
4. What does Miss Fromsett say when Degarmo and Marlowe ask her where Kingsley is?
(a) That she doesn't know.
(b) That she knows but won't tell them.
(c) That she can't tell them whether she knows.
(d) That she will tell them tomorrow.
5. What is Lavery's first reaction when Marlowe says he's working for Kingsley?
(a) To tell Marlowe to meet him later, in more privacy.
(b) To ask Marlowe in.
(c) To phone Kingsley and find out if Marlowe's telling the truth.
(d) To shut the window and not talk with Marlowe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe tell Mrs. Kingsley to distract her and make her move?
2. What color is the lobby of the building Phillip Marlowe goes to at the beginning of the first chapter?
3. What does Marlowe think of Degarmo's tactics?
4. What does Kingsley tell Marlowe, when Marlowe asks if Mrs. Kingsley has a gun?
5. When Marlowe awakes, what does he reek of?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)