|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirty-three - Thirty-five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miss Fromsett say she'll look for the name of Mrs. Almore's parents?
(a) In a death notice in the LA papers.
(b) In the funeral records at the local churches.
(c) In the death records at the town hall.
(d) In the marriage registry at the town hall.
2. What does Mrs. Talley threaten to do if Marlowe won't leave?
(a) Call the police.
(c) Have his license taken away.
(d) Shoot him.
3. Whose car is in Kingsley's garage when Degarmo and Marlowe go to Kingsley's house?
(a) The maid's.
(b) The butler's.
(c) The gardner's.
(d) The cook's.
4. What does Degarmo accuse Marlowe of?
(b) Casing Almore's house.
(c) Casing Lavery's house.
(d) Being a public nuissance.
5. When Marlowe awakes, what does he reek of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Webber think of the investigation of Mrs. Almore's death?
2. By what nickname does Miss Fromsett call Derace Kingsley?
3. What time is it when Marlowe looks at his watch in the jail cell?
4. Who does Birdie say came to town looking for someone who might have been Muriel Chess?
5. How does Marlowe describe Adrienne Fromsett?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)