|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirty-three - Thirty-five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marlowe brushes his hair, what does he notice about it?
(a) It's got blood in it.
(b) It's got a lot of gray in it.
(c) It needs to be cut.
(d) It needs to be washed.
2. Why did Lavery think about marrying Crystal Kingsley?
(a) Because she has money.
(b) Because she has wild ideas.
(c) Because she has brains.
(d) Because she has beauty.
3. What condition is the Kingsleys' cabin in?
(a) Clean and neat except for some glasses in the sink.
(b) Disorganized but clean.
(c) Neat and tidy.
(d) Messy and disorganized.
4. What impression does Marlowe have from Miss Fromsett, after she gives him Chris Lavery's address?
(a) That she's seen Chris Lavery, and recently, despite what she says.
(b) That she is curious about what business her boss has with Marlowe.
(c) That Chris Lavery stirs up pleasant memories.
(d) That Chris Lavery isn't a pleasant thought for her.
5. What time do Degarmo and Marlowe arrive at Miss Fromsett's apartment building, according to the clerk's wristwatch?
(a) Two fourty-six in the morning.
(b) Four twenty-three in the morning.
(c) Three fifty-four in the morning.
(d) Three seventeen in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marlowe's first impression of Sheriff Patton?
2. Why does Cooney want to beat up Marlowe, after Dobbs tells him to stop?
3. By what nickname does Miss Fromsett call Derace Kingsley?
4. Why does Marlowe wipe the gun down with a handkerchief?
5. What is the first thing Marlowe sees of the woman at Lavery's house?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)