|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twelve - Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marlowe see Almore telephoning?
(a) Marlowe takes out a pair of binoculars to look through a crack in the curtains.
(b) Marlowe sneaks up to the house and looks through the window.
(c) Almore has opened his window curtains.
(d) Almore takes his telephone out on the back porch.
2. What does Marlowe ask Kingsley for?
(a) A note of introduction to the cabin caretaker.
(b) A request for information to the police.
(c) A written outline of the terms of their agreement.
(d) A selection of photographs of his wife.
3. What reason does Lavery give that Crystal Kingsley might have wanted to get back at him?
(a) He stole money from her.
(b) He stood her up.
(c) He fought with her, and they broke up.
(d) She saw him with someone else.
4. Where was Crystal Kingsley's car discovered?
(a) The Prescott Hotel.
(b) The Tuscany Hotel.
(c) The Austin Arms Resort.
(d) The Montaign Hotel.
5. What does Marlowe find in Muriel Chess's bedroom that he thinks she wouldn't have left behind?
(a) A fashionable new hat.
(b) A tailored suit.
(c) A silk slip.
(d) An expensive necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Derace Kingsley's company make?
2. Is the Prescott Hotel bellhop able to identify Crystal Kingsley from Marlowe's photograph?
3. What is significant about the inscription on the gold heart Marlowe finds?
4. How does Marlowe open the window of Bill Chess's cabin?
5. What clue does Marlowe see that Lavery was up at Little Fawn Lake?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)