|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twelve - Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cars is the garage at Almore's house built to hold?
2. Where does the Prescott Hotel bellhop say he's from?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Rock Cove, Maine.
(c) Short Springs, Kentucky.
(d) Amarillo, Texas.
3. What does Bill Chess throw in the water to recover the body?
(a) A large stone.
(b) A metal pipe.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A plank of wood.
4. Where does Almore watch from, as the big, blond, blue-eyed man accosts Marlowe?
(a) His car.
(b) His garage.
(c) His window.
(d) His porch.
5. What is Lavery's first reaction when Marlowe says he's working for Kingsley?
(a) To phone Kingsley and find out if Marlowe's telling the truth.
(b) To tell Marlowe to meet him later, in more privacy.
(c) To shut the window and not talk with Marlowe.
(d) To ask Marlowe in.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kingsley leaves his office, where does he tell Miss Fromsett he is going?
2. What floor is Marlowe's room on, at the Prescott Hotel?
3. What does Marlowe ask about that makes Bill Chess get defensive?
4. What fish does Chess say are in the lake?
5. What icon does Marlowe have on the business card that he doesn't give to Adrienne Fromsett?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)