|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twelve - Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe see in the water that looks like underwatter flooring?
(a) A sunken walkway.
(b) A sunken swimming float.
(c) A cabin that's fallen into the water.
(d) A sunken boat landing.
2. What car does Lavery drive?
(a) A sleek, black two-seater.
(b) A red sports car.
(c) A green sedan.
(d) A blue convertable.
3. How does Marlowe open the window of Bill Chess's cabin?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With his fist.
(c) With a lockpick.
(d) With a rock.
4. How long does Kingsley say he'll give Marlowe?
(a) Three minutes.
(b) Four minutes.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
5. What does Marlowe ask about that makes Bill Chess get defensive?
(a) Whether there is central heating.
(b) Whether the beds are comfortable.
(c) Whether Chess has lived there long.
(d) Whether Kingsley comes up often.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the black Cadillac coupe come from that drives by Marlowe, as he is knocking at Lavery's door?
2. What impression does Marlowe have from Miss Fromsett, after she gives him Chris Lavery's address?
3. What does Marlowe ask Kingsley, before explaining what he's discovered?
4. Did anyone tell Muriel about the man who was possibly looking for her, according to Birdie?
5. Who is waiting for Marlowe in Chess's cabin?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)