|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twelve - Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kingsley afraid his wife might get in trouble for?
(b) Using drugs.
(c) Drunk driving.
(d) Using an assumed identity.
2. Degarmo asks Marlowe if someone hired him. Who?
(a) "Her" lawyer.
(b) "Her" boyfriend.
(c) "Her" parents.
(d) "Her" husband.
3. What does Marlowe find out about De Soto when he calls the police department?
(a) De Soto is dead.
(b) There's no one named De Soto at the department.
(c) De Soto is retired.
(d) De Soto has been arrested.
4. What does Derace Kingsley's company make?
(a) Automotive products.
(b) Cloth and yarn.
(c) Bottles and packaging.
(d) Beauty products.
5. What fish does Chess say are in the lake?
(a) A smattering of small bass.
(c) A lot of young salmon.
(d) Some smart old trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe tell Kingsley that he'll have to do?
2. How much did Marlowe overpay for his phone call?
3. How many cars is the garage at Almore's house built to hold?
4. What does Marlowe see in the water that looks like underwatter flooring?
5. Where did the sheriff find Muriel's anklet?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)