|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Nine - Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guard at Puma Lake dam have Marlowe do before driving over?
(a) Pay an impromptu toll.
(b) Take a sobriety test.
(c) Roll up his windows.
(d) Present his identification.
2. When Kingsley leaves his office, where does he tell Miss Fromsett he is going?
(b) To get a newspaper.
(c) To buy cigarettes.
(d) To get his hair cut.
3. When was the party that Kingsley's wife was supposed to go to, but that she never showed up for?
(a) June 12.
(b) July 1.
(c) July 14.
(d) May 30.
4. What animal does Marlowe compare the blonde at the PBX to?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A minx.
5. What jarring action does Lavery take before Marlowe leaves?
(a) He bangs his fist on the wall.
(b) He slams the window shut.
(c) He spits on the rug.
(d) He laughs suddenly and inappropriately.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Marlowe tell Chess that Kingsley's wife is missing?
2. What does Marlowe tell Kingsley that he'll have to do?
3. What does Marlowe ask Kingsley for?
4. Where does the black Cadillac coupe come from that drives by Marlowe, as he is knocking at Lavery's door?
5. Who is waiting for Marlowe in Chess's cabin?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)