|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Nine - Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Crystal Kingsley's car discovered?
(a) The Austin Arms Resort.
(b) The Prescott Hotel.
(c) The Tuscany Hotel.
(d) The Montaign Hotel.
2. What reason doe Bill Chess at first assume Marlowe might want to look at the cabin?
(a) Because he might find a clue to Crystal Kingsley's whereabouts.
(b) Because he might be an inspector.
(c) Because he might be interested in architecture.
(d) Because he might want to buy it.
3. How does Marlowe see Almore telephoning?
(a) Marlowe sneaks up to the house and looks through the window.
(b) Almore takes his telephone out on the back porch.
(c) Almore has opened his window curtains.
(d) Marlowe takes out a pair of binoculars to look through a crack in the curtains.
4. What does Marlowe tell Kingsley that he'll have to do?
(a) Stay in the mountain town at least a week.
(b) Explain why he's there and testify at an inquest.
(c) Drop the case.
(d) Investigate Muriel Chess's death.
5. How much money does Marlowe ask for as a retainer?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) A hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cars is the garage at Almore's house built to hold?
2. What does Marlowe see in the water that looks like underwatter flooring?
3. Degarmo asks Marlowe if someone hired him. Who?
4. What does Marlowe ask about that makes Bill Chess get defensive?
5. Why does Marlowe decide that Almore must know Lavery?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)