|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Three - Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clue does Marlowe see that Lavery was up at Little Fawn Lake?
(a) An arrangement of lilac.
(b) A spray of manzanita.
(c) An arrangement of pine cones.
(d) A spray of dogwood.
2. When does Lavery say he was up at Little Fawn Lake?
(a) The second week in May.
(b) The last week in April.
(c) The first week in May.
(d) The third week in May.
3. What jewelry does Adrienne Fromsett wear?
(a) A linked bracelet.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A platinum ring.
4. What icon does Marlowe have on the business card that he doesn't give to Adrienne Fromsett?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A fingerprint.
(c) A large eye.
(d) A tommy gun.
5. Why does Marlowe decide that Almore must know Lavery?
(a) Because he sees a note from Almore in Lavery's house.
(b) Because of how Almore looks at him.
(c) Because they have the only two houses on the block.
(d) Because their houses look so similar to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Lavery give that Crystal Kingsley might have wanted to get back at him?
2. What communication did Kingsley receive after his wife went missing?
3. How does Marlowe see Almore telephoning?
4. Why did Lavery think about marrying Crystal Kingsley?
5. What is Lavery's first reaction when Marlowe says he's working for Kingsley?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)