|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirty-three - Thirty-five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H.G. Talbot's shirt fit Marlowe?
(a) It is too large.
(b) It fits him perfectly.
(c) It is so small he can't fit his arms in it.
(d) It is a little too tight.
2. Who is waiting for Marlowe in Chess's cabin?
(a) Bill Chess.
(c) Sheriff Patton.
3. What does the woman at the bungalow in Westmore Street assume Marlowe is there for?
(a) To arrest Talley.
(b) To collect an unpaid bill.
(c) To involve Talley in a crime.
(d) To tell her where Talley is.
4. Is the Prescott Hotel bellhop able to identify Crystal Kingsley from Marlowe's photograph?
(a) Yes, after a minute, he identifies her.
(b) No, he says blondes of that type all look similar.
(c) Yes, he identifies her immediately.
(d) No, he says she didn't look like the photograph.
5. What choice does Marlowe give the woman he meets at the Peacock Lounge?
(a) She must either talk with her husband or get no money.
(b) She must talk with either him or the cops.
(c) She must either give herself up, or he'll turn her in.
(d) She must either come with him, or he'll take her by force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Talley threaten to do if Marlowe won't leave?
2. What does Marlowe see in the water that looks like underwatter flooring?
3. What does Degarmo accuse Marlowe of?
4. How much money does Marlowe ask for as a retainer?
5. In Captain Webber's office, where does Degarmo sit?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)