|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirty-three - Thirty-five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Fromsett's alibi for Lavery's murder?
(a) She was at the office.
(b) She was at a drug store.
(c) She was at a beauty salon.
(d) She was at a restaurant.
2. When Marlowe returns to the lake with the police, what has Bill Chess done?
(a) Pulled the body out of the water.
(b) Fainted on the edge of the lake.
(c) Gone to his cabin and passed out, drunk.
(d) Gone missing.
3. What does Marlowe ask the Prescott Hotel bellhop to bring?
(a) Extra blankets.
(b) Ginger ale, glasses, and ice.
(c) The hotel register.
(d) A steak dinner and beer.
4. Where does the police lieutenant who comes to see Marlowe say he's from?
(a) The California Bureau of Investigation.
(b) The Bay City Petty Crimes Division.
(c) The Central Detective Bureau.
(d) The Private Investigator's Licensing Bureau.
5. What kind of flowers are on Miss Fromsett's earrings, when she comes to Marlowe's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Marlowe give the woman he meets in Lavery's house?
2. Is the Prescott Hotel bellhop able to identify Crystal Kingsley from Marlowe's photograph?
3. Is the perfume Marlowe smelled in Lavery's bedroom the same kind Miss Fromsett wears?
4. Who does Birdie say came to town looking for someone who might have been Muriel Chess?
5. What does Degarmo say when Marlowe asks if he should keep their previous meeting private?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)