|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty - Twenty-three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe ask Kingsley, before explaining what he's discovered?
(a) Whether he's ready.
(b) Whether he's sitting down.
(c) Whether he wants to hear the bad news.
(d) Whether he's alone.
2. What clue does Marlowe see that Lavery was up at Little Fawn Lake?
(a) An arrangement of lilac.
(b) A spray of manzanita.
(c) A spray of dogwood.
(d) An arrangement of pine cones.
3. What does Marlowe find in Muriel Chess's bedroom that he thinks she wouldn't have left behind?
(a) A fashionable new hat.
(b) A silk slip.
(c) An expensive necklace.
(d) A tailored suit.
4. What does Degarmo say when Marlowe asks if he should keep their previous meeting private?
(a) He says they never met before.
(b) He says Marlowe can talk about it all he likes.
(c) He says Marlowe better keep his mouth shut.
(d) He says the captain already knows.
5. What does Marlowe tell Kingsley that he'll have to do?
(a) Drop the case.
(b) Explain why he's there and testify at an inquest.
(c) Stay in the mountain town at least a week.
(d) Investigate Muriel Chess's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Marlowe knocks and rings at Lavery's door?
2. Why did Lavery think about marrying Crystal Kingsley?
3. Did anyone tell Muriel about the man who was possibly looking for her, according to Birdie?
4. When Marlowe gets home, what does he dream about?
5. How many cars is the garage at Almore's house built to hold?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)