|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty - Twenty-three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marlowe decide that Almore must know Lavery?
(a) Because of how Almore looks at him.
(b) Because their houses look so similar to each other.
(c) Because he sees a note from Almore in Lavery's house.
(d) Because they have the only two houses on the block.
2. What does Lavery tell Marlowe about Crystal Kingsley?
(a) He didn't go to El Paso with her and doesn't know where she is.
(b) He went to El Paso with her briefly but doesn't know where she is.
(c) He says he knows where she is but won't tell Marlowe.
(d) He won't tell Marlowe where she is or whether he even knows.
3. What clue does Marlowe see that Lavery was up at Little Fawn Lake?
(a) An arrangement of pine cones.
(b) A spray of dogwood.
(c) An arrangement of lilac.
(d) A spray of manzanita.
4. What does Marlowe ask the Prescott Hotel bellhop to bring?
(a) A steak dinner and beer.
(b) Extra blankets.
(c) Ginger ale, glasses, and ice.
(d) The hotel register.
5. What does Marlowe find in Muriel Chess's bedroom that he thinks she wouldn't have left behind?
(a) A fashionable new hat.
(b) A tailored suit.
(c) An expensive necklace.
(d) A silk slip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the walls of Bill Chess's bedroom?
2. What does Marlowe tell Kingsley that he'll have to do?
3. What stops Marlowe from leaving, when he reaches down to turn on his ignition?
4. Who does the police lieutenant who comes to see Marlowe say will want to talk to Marlowe before the inquest?
5. Who is in Marlowe's office building when he returns there?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)