|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty - Twenty-three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Lavery give that Crystal Kingsley might have wanted to get back at him?
(a) He stole money from her.
(b) He fought with her, and they broke up.
(c) He stood her up.
(d) She saw him with someone else.
2. What does Marlowe ask the Prescott Hotel bellhop to bring?
(a) Extra blankets.
(b) A steak dinner and beer.
(c) The hotel register.
(d) Ginger ale, glasses, and ice.
3. What does Marlowe tell Birdie?
(a) Marlowe tells Birdie the whole story, including why he's there and Chess's affair with Crystal.
(b) Marlowe confirms that Muriel's body was discovered but will say nothing else.
(c) Marlowe tells Birdie nothing, saying he'll let the sheriff decide what to tell her.
(d) Marlowe tells Birdie what happened at the lake, leaving out his profession and why he's there.
4. What color is Captain Webber's hair?
5. Who does Birdie Keppel introduce herself as?
(a) The local bar owner and radio announcer.
(b) The local schoolteacher and mortician.
(c) The local beautician and newspaper reporter.
(d) The local nurse and medical examiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is the Prescott Hotel bellhop able to identify Crystal Kingsley from Marlowe's photograph?
2. What floor is Marlowe's room on, at the Prescott Hotel?
3. Where does Miss Fromsett say she'll look for the name of Mrs. Almore's parents?
4. Why does Marlowe think Almore won't tell him anything about Lavery?
5. Where does the Prescott Hotel bellhop say he's from?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)