|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Twenty - Twenty-three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Marlowe think makes Bill unlikely to have murdered his wife?
(a) That Bill seemed willing to talk about his wife.
(b) That Bill had kept his wife's note.
(c) That Bill pointed out the body when he didn't have to.
(d) That Bill seemed upset at his wife's death.
2. When Marlowe gets home, what does he dream about?
(a) Being alone in the woods with a deer.
(b) Being underwater with the corpse.
(c) Being stuck in a hot room with the bellhop.
(d) Being in Sheriff Patton's jail.
3. What was the detective who Mrs. Almore's parents hired to investigate her death sent to jail for?
(a) Impersonating a police officer.
(b) Drunk driving.
(c) Reckless endangerment.
(d) Possession of illegal drugs.
4. What does Degarmo say when Marlowe asks if he should keep their previous meeting private?
(a) He says Marlowe better keep his mouth shut.
(b) He says the captain already knows.
(c) He says Marlowe can talk about it all he likes.
(d) He says they never met before.
5. What does Marlowe ask the Prescott Hotel bellhop to bring?
(a) The hotel register.
(b) Ginger ale, glasses, and ice.
(c) A steak dinner and beer.
(d) Extra blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marlowe think Almore won't tell him anything about Lavery?
2. What clue does Marlowe see that Lavery was up at Little Fawn Lake?
3. What color is Captain Webber's hair?
4. What reason does Lavery give that Crystal Kingsley might have wanted to get back at him?
5. Why does Marlowe wipe the gun down with a handkerchief?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)