|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirty - Thirty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe tell Kingsley that he'll have to do?
(a) Investigate Muriel Chess's death.
(b) Drop the case.
(c) Explain why he's there and testify at an inquest.
(d) Stay in the mountain town at least a week.
2. What do most of the Athletic Club members seem to do in the club library?
3. What does Kingsley tell Marlowe, when Marlowe asks if Mrs. Kingsley has a gun?
(a) He refuses to say.
(b) No, she does not have a gun.
(c) Yes, she has a small automatic.
(d) Yes, she has a target pistol.
4. What does Marlowe identify as Bill's biggest problem, if he killed Muriel?
(a) Explaining Muriel's disappearance to her friends.
(b) Getting rid of any blood evidence in the house.
(c) Getting rid of Muriel's car.
(d) Getting rid of Muriel's clothes.
5. What is Miss Fromsett's alibi for Lavery's murder?
(a) She was at the office.
(b) She was at a beauty salon.
(c) She was at a restaurant.
(d) She was at a drug store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mrs. Kingsley killed?
2. How does Marlowe open the window of Bill Chess's cabin?
3. How much did Marlowe overpay for his phone call?
4. How much does it cost Marlowe to leave his car in the Granada's garage?
5. Where does Miss Fromsett say she'll look for the name of Mrs. Almore's parents?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)