|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirty - Thirty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mrs. Kingsley killed?
(a) She was strangled.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was hit with a bottle.
(d) She was stabbed.
2. What does Marlowe identify as Bill's biggest problem, if he killed Muriel?
(a) Getting rid of any blood evidence in the house.
(b) Getting rid of Muriel's car.
(c) Explaining Muriel's disappearance to her friends.
(d) Getting rid of Muriel's clothes.
3. Who does Birdie say came to town looking for someone who might have been Muriel Chess?
(a) A Los Angeles cop.
(b) An elderly man from the midwest.
(c) A San Francisco private detective.
(d) A Las Vegas tough guy.
4. How does Marlowe open the window of Bill Chess's cabin?
(a) With a lockpick.
(b) With a rock.
(c) With his fist.
(d) With a knife.
5. When Marlowe confronts Kingsley with the gun from Lavery's, does Kingsley recognize it?
(a) Yes, he says it's his gun.
(b) No, he can't be sure.
(c) Yes, he says it's his wife's gun.
(d) No, he's certain he's never seen it before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Fromsett's alibi for Lavery's murder?
2. When Marlowe awakes, what does he reek of?
3. Who is waiting for Marlowe in Chess's cabin?
4. What choice does Marlowe give the woman he meets at the Peacock Lounge?
5. What does Marlowe ask Kingsley, before explaining what he's discovered?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)