|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirty - Thirty-two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marlowe suggest to Miss Fromsett might have killed Lavery, aside from Mrs. Kingsley?
(a) Mr. Kingsley.
(b) Bill Chess.
(c) Dr. Almore.
(d) A stranger.
2. Where is Mrs. Kingsley's body, when Marlowe awakes?
(a) On a bed.
(b) On a couch.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) On the floor.
3. How does Marlowe open the window of Bill Chess's cabin?
(a) With a rock.
(b) With a lockpick.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With his fist.
4. What reason does Mrs. Kingsley give for going back to Lavery's after shooting him?
(a) He had taken all her money.
(b) She had left behind a clue to her identity.
(c) She wanted to geet rid of the gun.
(d) She decided to try to frame someone else.
5. How was Mrs. Kingsley killed?
(a) She was strangled.
(b) She was hit with a bottle.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Marlowe think makes Bill unlikely to have murdered his wife?
2. What was the detective who Mrs. Almore's parents hired to investigate her death sent to jail for?
3. What do most of the Athletic Club members seem to do in the club library?
4. What does Marlowe do when Mrs. Kingsley mentions the scarf he's wearing?
5. When Marlowe awakes, what does he reek of?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)