Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What economic goal did the Revolution have?
2. Why was unemployment high in Mexico at the time that Paz was writing?
3. When Paz sees that Mexicans return to their tradition, what do they remember?
4. When did the Plan of Ayala go into effect?
5. Why were the Indians not outraged that their religions were replaced with Catholicism? (Chapter Five).
"Man is alone everywhere. But the solitude of the Mexican, under the great stone night of the high plateau that is still inhabited by insatiable gods, is very different from that of the North American, who wanders in an abstract world of machines, fellow citizens and moral precepts" (Chapter One, pg 20). What does that mean? Is it true?
What personal experiences did Paz pull from to write the book? How did he incorporate them into the broader scope of Mexican history? How did that affect the tone?
In modern Mexico, what are the contrasting ways of thinking (pg 119-20)? In that context, is Spanish heritage good? How do those two mindsets continue to influence current politics and thought?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)