|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What economic goal did the Revolution have?
2. According to Paz, who is most fascinated by death?
3. What was one factor that guided the Revolution to prioritize tradition?
4. How did the Independence movement begin in South America?
5. What event precipitated Spain's complete loss of power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use this quote as the foundation for your essay: "We have been expelled from the center of the world, and are condemned to search for it through jungles and deserts or in the underground mazes of the labyrinth.
Essay Topic 2
In modern Mexico, what are the contrasting ways of thinking (pg 119-20)? In that context, is Spanish heritage good? How do those two mindsets continue to influence current politics and thought?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Mexican view of privacy? Why does Paz defend it at such cost? What part does lying play in his defense? Is that accepted?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)