|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the motto of positivism?
2. How did the Independence movement begin in South America?
3. Why does poetry tend to eradicate history? (Chapter Seven).
4. What was one factor that guided the Revolution to prioritize tradition?
5. Who were the last people to enter the Valley of Mexico?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the organization of the book. How is the material organized? What are the chapter titles? Do the titles prepare you for the material presented?
Essay Topic 2
What inspired the author to write this book? What questions did he hope to answer, and did he answer them satisfactorily?
Essay Topic 3
Spain accepted all forms of the Renaissance and then closed itself off to further influence. How did that affect the Conquest? How does that continue to affect Mexico's philosophical and religious development?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)