Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What economic goal did the Revolution have?
2. Why was unemployment high in Mexico at the time that Paz was writing?
3. When Paz sees that Mexicans return to their tradition, what do they remember?
4. When did the Plan of Ayala go into effect?
5. Why were the Indians not outraged that their religions were replaced with Catholicism? (Chapter Five).
Essay Topic 1
What are the varieties of chingar that the author explains? Does that help your comprehension of the word? Does it enrich your understanding of Mexican culture?
Essay Topic 2
Does Paz's writing style mirror the subject? When is he vociferous? When does it feel that he is holding something back?
Essay Topic 3
Spain accepted all forms of the Renaissance and then closed itself off to further influence. How did that affect the Conquest? How does that continue to affect Mexico's philosophical and religious development?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)