|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paz, who is most fascinated by death?
(a) The dying.
(b) The infant.
(c) The old.
(d) The youth.
2. On what does Paz blame "the rather zigzag progress of the state"? Chapter Eight, page 181).
(a) The conflict between national capitalism and international capitalism.
(b) The struggle between capitalist ideals and socialism.
(c) The difficulty of dealing with a large work force.
(d) The necessity of making revolutionary ideals work for practical living.
3. What was the most radical period of the Revolution?
(a) The Cardenas Administration.
(b) The Obregon Administration.
(c) The Calles Coup.
(d) The three months leading up to the revolt.
4. Where have the great revolutions of the 20th Century occurred?
(a) In backward countries.
(b) In large, wealthy countries.
(c) Among indigenous tribes.
(d) In places with little modern culture.
5. How did the Independence movement begin in South America?
(a) Under the leadership of impassioned leader, San Martin.
(b) With Mexican housewives gradually overturning the governing body.
(c) With simultaneous victories sweeping the continent.
(d) With a small band of determined revolutionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the motto of positivism?
2. During the Revolution, whom did the intelligentsia make the focal point of its activities?
3. Why were the Indians not outraged that their religions were replaced with Catholicism? (Chapter Five).
4. In Paz's estimation, why do the common people follow their revolutionary leaders?
5. What was the Mexican intellectual's goal?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)