|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Paz's estimation, why do the common people follow their revolutionary leaders?
(a) They identify with the men.
(b) They have no desire to upset the progress of the Revolution.
(c) They are intimidated by the leaders.
(d) They believe in the revolution, regardless of who leads it.
2. How did Paz see the 20th Century?
(a) A time when dictators took more power than ever before.
(b) A time when all historical eras mingled and merged.
(c) A time when the common man asserted himself.
(d) A time when feudalism was finally thrown off.
3. According to Paz, what philosophical fact defines much of Mexico's history?
(a) They had only two great thinkers.
(b) They overturned several of Spain's philosophical treatises.
(c) The people adopted some ideas and invented others.
(d) The people adopted ideas, but did not invent their own.
4. Which of the following contributed to making colonialism alive and relevant?
(a) Native acceptance.
(c) Imperial takeover.
5. What was the main philosophical objective of the Revolution?
(a) To replace Catholicism with rationalism.
(b) To overthrow the conservative ideals.
(c) To conquer the past and take it into the present.
(d) To produce several influential Mexican thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of the publishing house Fondo de Cultura Economica?
2. Who were the last people to enter the Valley of Mexico?
3. What was sacrificed when Porfirio Diaz took power and subdued anarchy?
4. Who was Emiliano Zapata?
5. When Paz sees that Mexicans return to their tradition, what do they remember?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)