|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What economic goal did the Revolution have?
(a) To establish commerce and industry.
(b) To free Mexico from dependence on Spain.
(c) To improve the commerce that had already been established.
(d) To pull the nation out of poverty.
2. Why was unemployment high in Mexico at the time that Paz was writing?
(a) The economy was going through a recession.
(b) The population grew more quickly than industry.
(c) The labor unions made it difficult for workers to get jobs.
(d) The two biggest factories were experiencing lay-offs.
3. When Paz sees that Mexicans return to their tradition, what do they remember?
(a) That they are part of Spain's tradition.
(b) That their tradition is rooted in conquest and slavery.
(c) That they do not belong to a greater universal tradition.
(d) That their tradition is mostly Indian.
4. When did the Plan of Ayala go into effect?
(a) July, 1937.
(b) March, 1951.
(c) November, 1911.
(d) January, 1909.
5. Why were the Indians not outraged that their religions were replaced with Catholicism? (Chapter Five).
(a) Because they liked Catholicism better.
(b) Because they had been reconnected to the world.
(c) Because their gods had betrayed them when Cortez attacked.
(d) Because they were not very connected to their gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Spanish Conquest treat religion?
2. In Asia and Africa, what two seemingly-contradictory ideologies are being used?
3. During the Revolution, whom did the intelligentsia make the focal point of its activities?
4. What was Vasconcelos' philosophy regarding the material world?
5. What was one factor that guided the Revolution to prioritize tradition?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)