|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 From Independence to the Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following created the Spanish monarchy?
(d) Political will.
2. How does Paz differentiate between views of the body in Mexico and North America?
(a) Mexicans are ashamed of their bodies, while North Americans live with physical exuberance.
(b) Mexicans are modest, while North Americans are afraid of their bodies.
(c) Mexicans live with abandon while North Americans are prudent.
(d) Mexicans are afraid of their bodies, while North Americans are modest.
3. In Paz's understanding of genders, how do Mexican women become like men?
(a) Through sacrifice.
(b) Through suffering.
(c) In love.
(d) Through self-denial.
4. What is the novelty of the pachuco clothing?
(a) Its impracticality.
(b) Its colors.
(c) Its exaggeration.
(d) Its disregard for current fashion.
5. From what does a fiesta free the Mexican, in Paz's understanding?
(a) The horror of human thought.
(b) The explosive desires he carries in his heart.
(c) The drudgery of common living.
(d) The sense of unfulfilled desires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following contributed to making colonialism alive and relevant?
2. Why are people sad if a person dies badly (Chapter Three)?
3. In Paz's thought, what does a study of the great myths reveal?
4. What does Paz deem to be the first and most serious change that a man endures when he becomes a worker?
5. In Paz's view, why does the Spaniard still use and enjoy blasphemy?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)