|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 The Sons of La Malinche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their relation to their world, to whom does Paz compare Mexicans?
2. How does the philosophy of progress treat death?
(a) It minimizes death.
(b) It disregards death entirely.
(c) It pretends to make death disappear.
(d) It treats death as one more step in life.
3. To which of the following does Paz reduce the Mexican character? (Chapter Four, page 73).
(a) The Mexican is himself only in the crowd of a fiesta or ceremony.
(b) The Mexican does not dare or want to be himself.
(c) The Mexican is stronger when he is alone.
(d) The Mexican only lives when he faces death.
4. What mentality does Paz attribute to the Mexican?
5. What is the Spanish view of women in contrast to the Mexican?
(a) Women are wild and lecherous.
(b) Women are idols.
(c) Women are decent and modest.
(d) Women are shaped by the minds of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aztec victims were sacrificed, why did their deaths lack personal meaning?
2. Through dissimulation, what does a Mexican attempt to do?
3. What makes the foreigner skeptical about Mexicans (Chapter Four)?
4. What is the novelty of the pachuco clothing?
5. When Paz first arrived in the United States, what surprised him most about the people?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)