|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 The Sons of La Malinche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paz, what is the Mexican's relationship with his fellow man?
(a) He respects him only if he is revered.
(b) He respects him only if they are the same social class.
(c) He changes him to Nobody.
(d) He ignores him.
2. How does solitude assume a purifying, almost purgative, quality for the Mexican?
(a) It is proof of future communion with others.
(b) It concentrates the Mexican's attention on the Divine rather than on the human.
(c) It wipes away his anger toward others.
(d) It serves to mitigate his guilt (a Catholicism concept).
3. How does the pachuco present himself to the people around him?
(a) As one of the group.
(b) As a lost man.
(c) As a solitary, challenging figure.
(d) As a man searching for a home.
4. Paz states that a Mexican utters the words that are considered most evil when which of the following occurs?
(a) When he is not in control of himself.
(b) When he wants to invoke the evil contained in the words.
(c) When he is extremely angry.
(d) When he wants to get his point across.
5. In their relation to their world, to whom does Paz compare Mexicans?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paz first arrived in the United States, what surprised him most about the people?
2. How does Paz differentiate between views of the body in Mexico and North America?
3. To follow Paz's previous argument, what is the result when one Mexican confides in another?
4. In Paz's estimation, what vital word has the Mexican forgotten?
5. When Aztec victims were sacrificed, why did their deaths lack personal meaning?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)