|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Day of the Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between the Mexican killer and the modern one?
(a) The Mexican kills as an expression of love.
(b) The Mexican kills a man, not an object.
(c) Only the Mexican killer expresses true hatred.
(d) The Mexican obliterates an object, not a man.
2. Why are people sad if a person dies badly (Chapter Three)?
(a) There will be no rest for his soul.
(b) The death should reflect the life.
(c) The life is less important than the death.
(d) There is no honor in an untoward death.
3. According to Paz, what does it mean when a person is alone?
(a) He is superior.
(b) He is different.
(c) He is inferior.
(d) He can never relate to other people.
4. Through dissimulation, what does a Mexican attempt to do?
(a) Become himself in contradistinction to others.
(b) Become invisible and save his individuality.
(c) Withdraw from society to save his individuality.
(d) Share his individuality with others to make it real.
5. What is Paz's opinion about the physical features distinguishing Mexicans from North Americans?
(a) People are too distracted by them.
(b) They are more important than commonly believed.
(c) They are not as important as commonly believed.
(d) People do not understand their significance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are a woman's instincts those of a species rather than her own?
2. What does the Mexican value in art, religion, and politics?
3. What is the Spanish view of women in contrast to the Mexican?
4. Why did Catholicism drastically change the Aztec view of life?
5. How does Paz differentiate between views of the body in Mexico and North America?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)