|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 Mexican Masks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his obsession with hygiene, work, and health, what does the North American miss?
(b) True anger.
(c) True joy.
(d) All-consuming love.
2. As the closure to Chapter Two, the reader sees what shadow spreading out over Mexico?
(a) The shadow of truth.
(b) The shadow of Nobody.
(c) The shadow of dissimulation.
(d) The shadow of Catholicism.
3. Why did the sense of Mexicanism "float" in the air of Los Angeles?
(a) It did not mix with the North American efficiency or precision.
(b) No one truly knew that it meant to be Mexican.
(c) It was an ethereal sense of nationality.
(d) People struggled to retain Mexican identity in a foreign land.
4. On which group of people were Paz's thoughts focused?
(a) Those who are focused on making Mexico a part of the world.
(b) Those who are conscious of themselves as Mexicans.
(c) Those who are seeking a better philosophy as Mexicans.
(d) The Mexican nation as a whole.
5. What masculine trait enters into the idea of feminine modesty?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paz, why does the liar tell lies to himself?
2. To follow Paz's previous argument, what is the result when one Mexican confides in another?
3. What model do Mexicans prefer that the woman follow?
4. What role does the Mexican man play in society?
5. What happens when the Mexican dissimulates?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)