|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 Mexican Masks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mexicans tell lies (Chapter Two)?
(a) Merely for the enjoyment of it.
(b) To hide themselves.
(c) To protect the other person.
(d) To create confusion.
2. Why are woman considered inferior people?
(a) They are not as reticent as men.
(b) They are not as intelligent as men.
(c) They open themselves up in submission.
(d) They are too emotionally attached.
3. What duality does the pachuco represent?
(a) A clown whose purpose is terror.
(b) A victim obsessed with revenge.
(c) A saint deeply involved in scandal.
(d) A fiend whose trademark is hearty laughter.
4. Why does a Mexican blend into his surroundings and become solely Appearance?
(a) He wants to end his individuality.
(b) He fears human interaction.
(c) He loves appearance.
(d) He fears appearances.
5. How did Paz consider his philosophical questions?
(a) As meaningful only if they addressed the question of Mexican identity.
(b) As the only means to find answers.
(c) As a waste of time.
(d) As an excuse for not facing reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What analogy does Paz use to explain Mexico's history?
2. What is the advantage of the North American view of women in relation to the Spanish view?
3. In Paz's opinion, when is a person most likely to see himself as precious and unique?
4. What is the novelty of the pachuco clothing?
5. According to Paz, what is the Mexican's relationship with his fellow man?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)