|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Day of the Dead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most valued trait in both the military and political realms?
2. From what does a fiesta free the Mexican, in Paz's understanding?
(a) The sense of unfulfilled desires.
(b) The explosive desires he carries in his heart.
(c) The drudgery of common living.
(d) The horror of human thought.
3. What is the difference between the Mexican killer and the modern one?
(a) Only the Mexican killer expresses true hatred.
(b) The Mexican kills a man, not an object.
(c) The Mexican obliterates an object, not a man.
(d) The Mexican kills as an expression of love.
4. Aside from being an excess, what does the fiesta revolt against?
5. Paz says that during critical moments in a nation's development, the people ask themselves a critical question. What is that question?
(a) How can we move forward?
(b) Who are we and how can we fulfill this obligation?
(c) How do we want the future to look?
(d) Who should lead us?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mexicans tell lies (Chapter Two)?
2. In Paz's thought, what does a study of the great myths reveal?
3. What happens when the Mexican dissimulates?
4. In the book's argument, what happens when a Mexican woman is passive?
5. What does the pachuco represent in Paz's writing?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)