|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins with Morgan to make two loans of $225 million to France?
2. How much capital does Morgan Stanley have?
3. Why does Morgan Grenfell hire John Stevens?
4. The repeal of the Neutrality Acts allows who to purchase arms from the US?
5. By the mid 1960s how much money does Morgan manage in trust assets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it impossible for Morgan Stanley to service large investors who trade large blocks for other blocks?
2. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
3. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
4. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
5. What happens when the stock market crashes in October 1987?
6. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
7. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
8. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
9. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
10. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of leadership in the House of Morgan. Who were the five most important leaders? Why? Were these leaders also important outside the House of Morgan? How?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Crash of 1929 and the Depression that followed. What were the causes? What role did the Morgans play in the events leading up to the crash, in the immediate reaction to the crash and in the Depression that followed. Why and how did the Morgan firms survive?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Morgans relationship with the Vatican from the beginning of the Morgan firms through the 1980s.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)