|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morgan management disagrees with the Truman administration over what issue?
2. Who is the head of Morgan Stanley's Mergers and Acquisitions department in the 1980s?
3. How long does Morgan Stanley suspend its practice of programmed trades on an international basis after the crash in 1987?
4. Who is Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr?
5. London Morgan Guaranty Limited is renamed to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
2. Why does Morgan Grenfell go public?
3. What is the Marshall Plan?
4. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
5. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
6. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
7. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
8. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
9. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
10. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Morgans relationship with the Vatican from the beginning of the Morgan firms through the 1980s.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Anglo-American nature and character of the House of Morgan. What effect did this have on the development of the Morgan firms in general? Choose one period in history and discuss in detail how this effected the Morgan firms.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the 1912 Pujo hearings in detail, including what they were, the important people involved, their goal, their conclusion. What was their effect on the Morgans?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)