|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of Morgan Stanley's Mergers and Acquisitions department in the 1980s?
2. Who becomes the post-war head of Morgan Grenfell?
3. Who is the chairman of Guinness during the scandal?
4. What newspaper breaks the story about Morgan Stanley's involvement in the Olinkraft buyout?
5. Which of the following is not a client of Morgan Grenfell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
2. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
3. What are LBOs?
4. What are tombstones?
5. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
6. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
7. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
8. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
9. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
10. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the 1950s and 1960s the banking world changes as new financial instruments become available. These include Fed Funds, certificates of deposits, treasury and municipal securities, Eurodollars and others. Choose two and discuss how the Morgans are involved. Include a description of the instrument, how and when it is used, which Morgan firm was involved, whether they were influential in that particular market, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The Morgans were involved in a number of industries in the US. Choose one and discuss in detail what the Morgan's involvement was, how influential the Morgans were in the industry and why, how long their involvement continued, why it stopped if it did, etc.
Essay Topic 3
The Morgans' influence reached worldwide. Choose one or two countries in different parts of the world and discuss the Morgans influence through their initial involvement until the late 1980s or such time as their influence ended. Among things to discuss are why it became involved in the country, how it was involved, what was happening in the country at the time, etc.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)