|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the mid 1970s Morgan Stanley leads the industry in what kind of offerings?
2. Who is the head of Morgan Stanley's Mergers and Acquisitions department in the 1980s?
3. Which of the following is not a client of Morgan Grenfell?
4. Who is Siegmund Warburg?
5. How much did Tony Gebauer embezzle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
2. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
3. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
4. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
5. What is Euramerica?
6. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
7. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
8. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
9. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
10. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the 1950s and 1960s the banking world changes as new financial instruments become available. These include Fed Funds, certificates of deposits, treasury and municipal securities, Eurodollars and others. Choose two and discuss how the Morgans are involved. Include a description of the instrument, how and when it is used, which Morgan firm was involved, whether they were influential in that particular market, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The Morgans' influence reached worldwide. Choose one or two countries in different parts of the world and discuss the Morgans influence through their initial involvement until the late 1980s or such time as their influence ended. Among things to discuss are why it became involved in the country, how it was involved, what was happening in the country at the time, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Choose either World War I or World War II and describe how the Morgans were involved. Among things to discuss are their position with respect to the war, whether all the firms were on the same side, what influence they had with what governments, how they were financially involved, etc.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)