|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Giovanni Fummi?
2. When does Leffingwell serve as chairman of Morgan?
3. What is the bone of contention between the New York and London Morgan firms?
4. What entire industry does Morgan Grenfell handle after the war?
5. When does the royal family make a trip to the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are tombstones?
2. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
3. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
4. Why does Morgan Grenfell go public?
5. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
6. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
7. Generally, what is Morgan Stanley's role as the premier investment banking firm?
8. What is the Marshall Plan?
9. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
10. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the Morgan firms. Discuss its history from its origins until the end of the 1980s. Among things to discuss are its influence with governments, its influence in the financial world, who its main clients were, what its major business was during different periods, etc.
Essay Topic 2
In today's world would it be possible for any one firm to be as preeminent as the House of Morgan during its "golden age"? Discuss why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of leadership in the House of Morgan. Who were the five most important leaders? Why? Were these leaders also important outside the House of Morgan? How?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)