|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pierpont arranges the financing for the purchase of what from France?
2. During the 1920s how did corporations generally finance corporate expansion?
3. What country was the Dawes Plan devised to help?
4. Who opposes Mussolini in the press?
5. When does the Morgan partner S. Parker Gilbert die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general economic status in the United States when the book opens in 1835?
2. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
3. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
4. What are the immediate results of the stock market panic in October 1907 and what is Morgan's role?
5. Why does Father Charles E. Coughlin, a radio priest of the time, attack the banking industry?
6. What are the Pujo hearings and what do they conclude?
7. How does the Morgan firm restructure as a result of the Glass Steagall Act?
8. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
9. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
10. What causes a feud between the two Morgan partners, Morrow and Lamont?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Morgans relationship with the Vatican from the beginning of the Morgan firms through the 1980s.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the golden age for the House of Morgan. Why was this called the golden age?
Essay Topic 3
Choose either World War I or World War II and describe how the Morgans were involved. Among things to discuss are their position with respect to the war, whether all the firms were on the same side, what influence they had with what governments, how they were financially involved, etc.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)