|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Morrow die?
2. Who opposes Mussolini in the press?
3. Who is the wealthiest of the Morgan partners?
4. When does Morgan loan Italy $100 million?
5. In 1936 there were Congressional hearings on the role of the bankers in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Morgan firm restructure as a result of the Glass Steagall Act?
2. By the year 1900, Morgan has come to control most of what transportation industry and why?
3. Whom does Jack begin to groom for roles in the House of Morgan?
4. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
5. When World War I begins, what are the positions of the US government and the House of Morgan?
6. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
7. What is the Glass Steagall Act?
8. What does the US credibility in London and European markets depend on?
9. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
10. Why are loans made to Latin American countries considered risky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Morgans were involved in a number of industries in the US. Choose one and discuss in detail what the Morgan's involvement was, how influential the Morgans were in the industry and why, how long their involvement continued, why it stopped if it did, etc.
Essay Topic 2
In the 1950s and 1960s the banking world changes as new financial instruments become available. These include Fed Funds, certificates of deposits, treasury and municipal securities, Eurodollars and others. Choose two and discuss how the Morgans are involved. Include a description of the instrument, how and when it is used, which Morgan firm was involved, whether they were influential in that particular market, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the golden age for the House of Morgan. Why was this called the golden age?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)