|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of General Motors Company does the House of Morgan own when the company is formed?
2. When does the Morgan partner S. Parker Gilbert die?
3. Where does Jack buy property for the Morgan Memorial Park as a memorial for Jessie?
4. Who is the wealthiest of the Morgan partners?
5. When does the official division of the House of Morgan occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1936 what causes the Congressional hearings into the bankers' role in World War I?
2. What is the turning point for when the House of Morgan surpasses the House of Rothschilds?
3. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
4. What major merger occurrs as a result of the big dive in the stock and commodity markets in October 1939?
5. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
6. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
7. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
8. Even when Mussolini is criticized for his violent tactics, who seems to side with Mussolini and why?
9. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
10. How does the Morgan firm restructure as a result of the Glass Steagall Act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the 1970s there are merger talks among some of the Morgan firms. Discuss. Include which firms were involved, the factors that lead to these talks, the result of the talks and what happened afterward.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the golden age for the House of Morgan. Why was this called the golden age?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the House of Morgan started. Then discuss the major firms that comprised the House of Morgan, how and why they came into being. Choose one of the firms and trace its history from the beginning to the late 1980s.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)