|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act enacted?
2. Dwight Morrow is appointed Ambassador to what country by President Coolidge?
3. The election of President Taft leads to what action in the financial world?
4. Where do the Wall Street firms meet on July 31, 1914, when the European markets close?
5. Where does Pierpont die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
2. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
3. After Britain goes off the gold standard in 1919, who wants them back on the gold standard and why?
4. What financial deal makes Junius Morgan a force in the banking world?
5. What causes a Wall Street panic in 1873?
6. At the end of World War I, what is the role of the United States and the Morgans with respect to the world financial markets?
7. Whom does Jack begin to groom for roles in the House of Morgan?
8. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
9. What are the first two crises that Jack Morgan faces after his father's death?
10. In 1934 why does Lamont stop supporting Japan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Morgans relationship with the Vatican from the beginning of the Morgan firms through the 1980s.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the Morgan firms. Discuss its history from its origins until the end of the 1980s. Among things to discuss are its influence with governments, its influence in the financial world, who its main clients were, what its major business was during different periods, etc.
Essay Topic 3
The Morgans' influence reached worldwide. Choose one or two countries in different parts of the world and discuss the Morgans influence through their initial involvement until the late 1980s or such time as their influence ended. Among things to discuss are why it became involved in the country, how it was involved, what was happening in the country at the time, etc.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)