|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dwight Morrow is appointed Ambassador to what country by President Coolidge?
2. What did the Young Plan deal with?
3. Who is refused a seat on the Alleghany board after buying a major block of stock and is an enemy of the Morgans?
4. Who is kidnapped five months after Morrow dies?
5. Who filled Pierpont Morgan's role at the bankers' meeting to discuss the Crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are holding companies and are the Morgans involved?
2. What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act?
3. When World War I begins, what are the positions of the US government and the House of Morgan?
4. What is the Reconstruction Finance Corporation?
5. Why do the Morgans survive the crash of 1929?
6. In 1924 what are the House of Morgan ties with the candidates?
7. How do the Morgan partners come to finance Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis flight?
8. In 1938 what scandal begins to emerge?
9. How does the Morgan firm restructure as a result of the Glass Steagall Act?
10. Whom does Jack begin to groom for roles in the House of Morgan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Morgans relationship with the Vatican from the beginning of the Morgan firms through the 1980s.
Essay Topic 2
The Morgans were involved in a number of major scandals. Choose one of these scandals and discuss. Describe the scandal in detail. Include such things as the firm that was involved, why it was involved, what its involvement was, what Morgan people were involved and how, what the short term and long term effects were, what changes were made in the banking or securities laws (if any), etc.
Essay Topic 3
Choose either World War I or World War II and describe how the Morgans were involved. Among things to discuss are their position with respect to the war, whether all the firms were on the same side, what influence they had with what governments, how they were financially involved, etc.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)