|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the loan that Morgan Grenfell makes to Abu Dhabi?
(a) $500 million.
(b) $100 million.
(c) $250 million.
(d) $200 million.
2. Who succeeds Baldwin as chairman of Morgan Guaranty?
(a) Geoffrey Collier.
(b) Lewis Bernard.
(c) Dick Fisher.
(d) Parker Gilbert.
3. Who is Dean Jay?
(a) A French banker.
(b) The senior partner of Morgan in Paris.
(c) An American partner of Morgan.
(d) A Morgan partner in the London office.
4. Where does Morgan Bank move in 1989?
(a) 60 Wall Street.
(b) 2 Wall Street.
(c) Morgan Stanley building.
(d) Exxon building.
5. Adnan Khashoggi is a client of which Morgan firm?
(a) Morgan Grenfell.
(b) He is not a client of a Morgan firm.
(c) Morgan Stanley.
(d) Morgan Guaranty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Leffingwell serve as chairman of Morgan?
2. Who is the only Guaranty Trust person to have a top position in the new Morgan Guaranty?
3. When does Mussolini die?
4. The repeal of the Neutrality Acts allows who to purchase arms from the US?
5. Who heads the Mergers and Acquisitions department of Morgan Stanley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
2. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
3. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
4. What happens when the stock market crashes in October 1987?
5. Why does Morgan Grenfell go public?
6. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
7. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
8. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
9. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
10. What is the Marshall Plan?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)