|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Justice Department file an antitrust suit against Morgan Stanley?
2. Morgan Guaranty pioneers in what new financial instrument market?
(a) Fed Funds.
(b) Municipal securities.
(c) Certificates of deposits.
(d) Treasury securities.
3. When does the SEC new Rule 415 come into effect?
4. What do Wall Street banks use as a form of finance during this period?
(b) Foreign currency.
(c) Compensating balances.
5. When does the royal family make a trip to the United States?
(a) September 1939.
(b) June 1939.
(c) March 1938.
(d) September 1938.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins with Morgan to make two loans of $225 million to France?
2. Why can't Morgan Grenfell enter the US market?
3. In the mid 1970s Morgan Stanley leads the industry in what kind of offerings?
4. What entire industry does Morgan Grenfell handle after the war?
5. How much does Fred Lee make in an insider trading scheme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
2. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
3. What happens when the stock market crashes in October 1987?
4. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
5. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
6. What are LBOs?
7. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
8. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
9. What is SAMA?
10. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)