|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the mid 1970s Morgan Stanley leads the industry in what kind of offerings?
(a) Neither stock or bond offerings.
(b) Stock and bond offerings.
(c) Bond offerings only.
(d) Stock offerings only.
2. When does the SEC charge Tommy S. Lamont with inside trading?
3. What Senator begins to investigate petrodollars in 1975?
(a) Edward Kennedy.
(b) John Edwards.
(c) Frank Church.
(d) John Murphy.
4. When does the Justice Department file an antitrust suit against Morgan Stanley?
5. When does the Falkland War start?
(a) April 1982.
(b) December 1981.
(c) December 1982.
(d) June 1982.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Gebauer's prison sentence for embezzlement?
2. When does the US enter the war?
3. When does the royal family make a trip to the United States?
4. When do the Saudis form a central bank called SAMA?
5. Who becomes chairman of the Morgan bank when Jack Morgan dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
2. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
3. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
4. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
5. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
6. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
7. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
8. What is SAMA?
9. What are tombstones?
10. What happens when the stock market crashes in October 1987?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)