|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nabisco use an LBO for hostile raid?
2. Who is Dean Jay?
(a) The senior partner of Morgan in Paris.
(b) A Morgan partner in the London office.
(c) A French banker.
(d) An American partner of Morgan.
3. When do the Saudis form a central bank called SAMA?
4. Why can't Morgan Grenfell enter the US market?
(a) Because of the Takeover Panel rules.
(b) Because of the Bank of England prohibitions.
(c) Because of the Glass Steagall Act.
(d) Because of its relationship with Morgan Stanley.
5. What do Wall Street banks use as a form of finance during this period?
(b) Foreign currency.
(c) Compensating balances.
Short Answer Questions
1. When People Express runs into trouble, what airline does it merge with?
2. The repeal of the Neutrality Acts allows who to purchase arms from the US?
3. Who succeeds Leffingwell as chairman of Morgan?
4. Which of the following is not a client of Morgan Grenfell?
5. What new business does JP Morgan enter into as a corporation that it could not do as a partnership?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
2. What is Cliveden?
3. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
4. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
5. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
6. What is the Marshall Plan?
7. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
8. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
9. What are tombstones?
10. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)