|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the recession in 1973-1974?
(a) The devaluation of the Euro.
(b) The Arab oil embargo.
(c) The introduction of petrodollars.
(d) The Arab boycott of Israel.
2. The repeal of the Neutrality Acts allows who to purchase arms from the US?
(a) Nations at war.
(c) Nations friendly to the US.
(d) Nations who are friends of nations at war.
3. What entire industry does Morgan Grenfell handle after the war?
(d) Electrical industry.
4. Who is Asher Edelman?
(b) Corporate raider.
(d) Partner in Morgan Stanley.
5. When does Morgan Stanley case to be a partnership?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Wall Street banks use as a form of finance during this period?
2. In the mid 1970s where was the Euromarket centered?
3. What is the bone of contention between the New York and London Morgan firms?
4. How much capital does Morgan Stanley have?
5. What happens to Morgan's Leonard Rist of the Paris Morgan office when the Nazis arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
2. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
3. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
4. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
5. Why does Morgan Grenfell go public?
6. What makes it impossible for Morgan Stanley to service large investors who trade large blocks for other blocks?
7. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
8. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
9. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
10. What are LBOs?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)