|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Morgan bank merge with Guaranty Trust to form Morgan Guaranty?
2. Who becomes chairman of the Morgan bank when Jack Morgan dies?
(a) Tom Lamont.
(b) George Whitney.
(c) Tom Catto.
(d) Harry Morgan.
3. In 1977 what company does Kennecott Copper buy?
(c) Twentieth Century Fox.
4. Who runs the trust department of Morgan Guaranty after the merger?
(a) Longstreet Hinton.
(b) Tommy Lamont.
(c) Junius Morgan.
(d) Peter Vermilye.
5. London Morgan Guaranty Limited is renamed to what?
(a) JP Morgan Securities.
(b) JP Morgan and Company.
(c) Morgan Grenfell.
(d) Morgan Stanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chairman of Guinness during the scandal?
2. Who succeeds Baldwin as chairman of Morgan Guaranty?
3. How much does Morgan Grenfell make on the American Tobacco deal?
4. When does Guinness acquire fifty percent of Distillers shares?
5. When does the Falkland War start?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
2. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
3. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
4. Why does Morgan Grenfell go public?
5. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
6. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
7. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
8. What are LBOs?
9. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
10. What is Euramerica?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)