|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr?
(a) A government employee.
(b) A Morgan Stanley employee involved in insider trading.
(c) A Morgan Guaranty employee involved in insider trading.
(d) A Morgan Grenfell employee involved in insider trading.
2. Adnan Khashoggi is a client of which Morgan firm?
(a) Morgan Stanley.
(b) He is not a client of a Morgan firm.
(c) Morgan Guaranty.
(d) Morgan Grenfell.
3. When does the Fed give banks the ability to float commercial bonds?
4. In 1984 the Morgan bank plays a role in rescuing what bank?
(a) Franklin National Bank.
(b) National Bank.
(c) Continental Trust.
(d) Penn Square Bank.
5. What partner's son is on Dwight Eisenhower's staff during the war and works on his presidential campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Guinness acquire fifty percent of Distillers shares?
2. When does the stock market crash in the 1980s?
3. What happens to Morgan's Leonard Rist of the Paris Morgan office when the Nazis arrive?
4. When does France sign an armistice with Nazi Germany?
5. What is the bone of contention between the New York and London Morgan firms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Morgan Grenfell go public?
2. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
3. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
4. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
5. What is Euramerica?
6. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
7. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
8. What is Cliveden?
9. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
10. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)