|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the stock market crash in the 1980s?
2. When People Express runs into trouble, what airline does it merge with?
(d) Texas Air.
3. What partner's son is on Dwight Eisenhower's staff during the war and works on his presidential campaign?
4. What entire industry does Morgan Grenfell handle after the war?
(c) Electrical industry.
5. Who heads the Corporate Finance Department of Morgan Grenfell?
(a) Geoffrey Collier.
(b) George Magan.
(c) Roger Seelig.
(d) Graham Walsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the trust department of Morgan Guaranty after the merger?
2. In the mid 1970s where was the Euromarket centered?
3. How much did Tony Gebauer embezzle?
4. Who is Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr?
5. When does France sign an armistice with Nazi Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
2. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
3. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
4. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
5. What company does Morgan merge with, and what is the resulting company?
6. What are LBOs?
7. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
8. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
9. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
10. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)