|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Morgan bank merge with Guaranty Trust to form Morgan Guaranty?
2. When is England attacked by the Nazis?
(a) December 1940.
(b) August 1940.
(c) June 1940.
(d) January 1940.
3. Morgan management disagrees with the Truman administration over what issue?
(a) Foreign debt repayment.
(b) Loan repayment.
(c) Interest rates.
4. When does Morgan Grenfell go public?
5. How much is the loan that Morgan Grenfell makes to Abu Dhabi?
(a) $200 million.
(b) $100 million.
(c) $250 million.
(d) $500 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only Guaranty Trust person to have a top position in the new Morgan Guaranty?
2. In the mid eighties how much is the Euromarket worth?
3. When does Morgan Stanley go public?
4. Where does Morgan Bank move in 1989?
5. Which Morgan partner leads Morgan Stanley to change?
Short Essay Questions
1. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
2. What company does Morgan merge with, and what is the resulting company?
3. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
4. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
5. What is SAMA?
6. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
7. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
8. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
9. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
10. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)