|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1984 the Morgan bank plays a role in rescuing what bank?
(a) Continental Trust.
(b) Penn Square Bank.
(c) National Bank.
(d) Franklin National Bank.
2. In 1979 Morgan Stanley loses an IBM deal to what other firm?
(a) Lehman Brothers.
(c) Morgan Grenfell.
(d) Salomon Brothers.
3. When does the US enter the war?
(a) August 1941.
(b) March 1941.
(c) December 1940.
(d) December 1941.
4. What causes the recession in 1973-1974?
(a) The devaluation of the Euro.
(b) The Arab oil embargo.
(c) The Arab boycott of Israel.
(d) The introduction of petrodollars.
5. Why can't Morgan Grenfell enter the US market?
(a) Because of the Bank of England prohibitions.
(b) Because of its relationship with Morgan Stanley.
(c) Because of the Glass Steagall Act.
(d) Because of the Takeover Panel rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is England attacked by the Nazis?
2. Who is the chairman of Guinness during the scandal?
3. Which Morgan partner leads Morgan Stanley to change?
4. In 1981 who hires Adrian Antoniu, a Romanian refugee?
5. In the mid eighties how much is the Euromarket worth?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)