|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1977 what company does Kennecott Copper buy?
(c) Twentieth Century Fox.
2. Why does Morgan Grenfell hire John Stevens?
(a) To run its office management area.
(b) To open foreign offices.
(c) To help with mergers.
(d) To put together syndicated loans.
3. When does the Falkland War start?
(a) December 1981.
(b) April 1982.
(c) December 1982.
(d) June 1982.
4. What partner's son is on Dwight Eisenhower's staff during the war and works on his presidential campaign?
5. Who succeeds Leffingwell as chairman of Morgan?
(a) Tommy S. Lamont.
(b) George Kennecott.
(c) Henry P. Davison.
(d) George Whitney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Walter Funk?
2. What Senator begins to investigate petrodollars in 1975?
3. Which Morgan partner leads Morgan Stanley to change?
4. When does Morgan Stanley open its Tokyo office?
5. When does the US enter the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Generally, what is Morgan Stanley's role as the premier investment banking firm?
2. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
3. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
4. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
5. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
6. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
7. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
8. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
9. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
10. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)