|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the head of Morgan Stanley's Mergers and Acquisitions department in the 1980s?
(a) Gerald Smith.
(b) Dick Fisher.
(c) Eric Gleacher.
(d) Parker Gilbert.
2. What partner's son is on Dwight Eisenhower's staff during the war and works on his presidential campaign?
3. What newspaper breaks the story about Morgan Stanley's involvement in the Olinkraft buyout?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) Wall Street Journal.
(d) Washington Times.
4. How much does Morgan Grenfell make on the American Tobacco deal?
(a) $2 million.
(d) $1 million.
5. When does Nabisco use an LBO for hostile raid?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the mid 1970s where was the Euromarket centered?
2. When does the royal family make a trip to the United States?
3. How long was Gebauer's prison sentence for embezzlement?
4. In the mid eighties how much is the Euromarket worth?
5. When does the Justice Department file an antitrust suit against Morgan Stanley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cliveden?
2. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
3. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
4. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
5. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
6. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
7. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
8. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
9. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
10. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)