|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Guinness acquire fifty percent of Distillers shares?
(a) July 1986.
(b) April 1987.
(c) April 1986.
(d) September 1986.
2. Morgan Guaranty pioneers in what new financial instrument market?
(a) Fed Funds.
(b) Certificates of deposits.
(c) Treasury securities.
(d) Municipal securities.
3. In the mid 1970s where was the Euromarket centered?
(d) New York.
4. Who becomes president of the new JP Morgan corporation?
(a) George Whitney.
(b) Monty Norman.
(c) Tom Lamont.
(d) Jack Morgan.
5. What entire industry does Morgan Grenfell handle after the war?
(c) Electrical industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the mid 1970s how much of the profits for JP Morgan and Company are coming from abroad?
2. Who is Giovanni Fummi?
3. When does Nabisco use an LBO for hostile raid?
4. By the mid 1960s how much money does Morgan manage in trust assets?
5. When People Express runs into trouble, what airline does it merge with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are tombstones?
2. What is Cliveden?
3. What is Euramerica?
4. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
5. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
6. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
7. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
8. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
9. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
10. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)