|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Morgan Grenfell make on the American Tobacco deal?
(b) $2 million.
(c) $1 million.
2. Who runs the trust department of Morgan Guaranty after the merger?
(a) Peter Vermilye.
(b) Junius Morgan.
(c) Longstreet Hinton.
(d) Tommy Lamont.
3. Who buys Morgan Grenfell in 1989?
(a) National Bank of Japan.
(b) Deutsche Bank.
(c) Morgan Guaranty.
(d) Bank of England.
4. What do Wall Street banks use as a form of finance during this period?
(a) Compensating balances.
(c) Foreign currency.
5. Who is Giovanni Fummi?
(a) A Morgan partner in the London office.
(b) A Vatican agent in Italy.
(c) A Vatican agent in Morgan's New York office.
(d) A Morgan agent in Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of Morgan Stanley's Mergers and Acquisitions department in the 1980s?
2. When does the SEC new Rule 415 come into effect?
3. What entire industry does Morgan Grenfell handle after the war?
4. Who owns the London tabloid, News of the World?
5. Who is Siegmund Warburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
2. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
3. What is SAMA?
4. What is Cliveden?
5. What are LBOs?
6. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
7. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
8. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
9. How does Morgan find out about Tony Gebauer's embezzlement?
10. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)