|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Asher Edelman?
(b) Corporate raider.
(c) Partner in Morgan Stanley.
2. By the mid 1960s how much money does Morgan manage in trust assets?
(a) $15 billion.
(b) $1 billion.
(c) $15 million.
(d) $50 million.
3. What newspaper breaks the story about Morgan Stanley's involvement in the Olinkraft buyout?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Washington Times.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
4. Who becomes the chairman of Morgan in 1955?
(a) Harry Morgan.
(b) Junius Morgan.
(c) Henry Alexander.
(d) Henry Davison.
5. Who runs the trust department of Morgan Guaranty after the merger?
(a) Longstreet Hinton.
(b) Peter Vermilye.
(c) Tommy Lamont.
(d) Junius Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is England attacked by the Nazis?
2. How much capital does Morgan Stanley have?
3. Where does Morgan Bank move in 1989?
4. When does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
5. When does the SEC charge Tommy S. Lamont with inside trading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
2. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
3. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
4. What is SAMA?
5. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
6. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
7. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
8. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
9. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
10. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)