|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes chairman of the Morgan bank when Jack Morgan dies?
(a) Harry Morgan.
(b) George Whitney.
(c) Tom Catto.
(d) Tom Lamont.
2. The repeal of the Neutrality Acts allows who to purchase arms from the US?
(a) Nations at war.
(b) Nations who are friends of nations at war.
(d) Nations friendly to the US.
3. When does Mussolini die?
4. How much does Morgan Grenfell make on the American Tobacco deal?
(a) $1 million.
(d) $2 million.
5. How long was Gebauer's prison sentence for embezzlement?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 1/2 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Morgan Stanley go public?
2. London Morgan Guaranty Limited is renamed to what?
3. What is the name of the first Morgan mutual fund?
4. Morgan Guaranty pioneers in what new financial instrument market?
5. Who becomes the post-war head of Morgan Grenfell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
2. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
3. What makes it impossible for Morgan Stanley to service large investors who trade large blocks for other blocks?
4. Why does Morgan Grenfell go public?
5. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
6. Why does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
7. What are LBOs?
8. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
9. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
10. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)