|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the London tabloid, News of the World?
(a) The Carrs.
(b) The Harcourts.
(c) The Morgans.
(d) The Murdochs.
2. When does the royal family make a trip to the United States?
(a) September 1939.
(b) September 1938.
(c) March 1938.
(d) June 1939.
3. Who buys the one third interest in Morgan Grenfell that is sold by Morgan Guaranty?
(a) Harry Morgan.
(b) S. Parker Gilbert.
(c) Willis Faber.
(d) John Aston.
4. Why does Morgan Grenfell hire John Stevens?
(a) To help with mergers.
(b) To open foreign offices.
(c) To run its office management area.
(d) To put together syndicated loans.
5. When does the Fed give banks the ability to float commercial bonds?
Short Answer Questions
1. What entire industry does Morgan Grenfell handle after the war?
2. What new business does JP Morgan enter into as a corporation that it could not do as a partnership?
3. Who buys Morgan Grenfell in 1989?
4. Who is Asher Edelman?
5. The repeal of the Neutrality Acts allows who to purchase arms from the US?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
2. What are tombstones?
3. What makes it impossible for Morgan Stanley to service large investors who trade large blocks for other blocks?
4. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
5. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
6. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
7. What is the Marshall Plan?
8. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
9. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
10. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)