|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only Guaranty Trust person to have a top position in the new Morgan Guaranty?
(a) Alexander Clay.
(b) Luther Cleveland.
(c) Tomas Smith.
(d) Dale Sharp.
2. When does France sign an armistice with Nazi Germany?
(a) August 1940.
(b) March 1940.
(c) January 1940.
(d) June 1940.
3. Who is Siegmund Warburg?
(a) A London banker.
(b) A client of Morgan Grenfell.
(c) A German industrialist.
(d) A Hamburg banker.
4. In the mid 1970s how much of the profits for JP Morgan and Company are coming from abroad?
5. When does the Justice Department file an antitrust suit against Morgan Stanley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes chairman of the Morgan bank when Jack Morgan dies?
2. When does Morgan bank merge with Guaranty Trust to form Morgan Guaranty?
3. Who owns the London tabloid, News of the World?
4. Who becomes president of the new JP Morgan corporation?
5. Who joins with Morgan to make two loans of $225 million to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
2. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
3. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
4. What is the Marshall Plan?
5. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
6. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
7. What are tombstones?
8. What happens when the stock market crashes in October 1987?
9. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
10. Generally, what is Morgan Stanley's role as the premier investment banking firm?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)