|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Leffingwell serve as chairman of Morgan?
(a) 1948 - 1952.
(b) 1947 - 1949.
(c) 1947 - 1950.
(d) 1948 - 1950.
2. Morgan management disagrees with the Truman administration over what issue?
(a) Foreign debt repayment.
(c) Loan repayment.
(d) Interest rates.
3. Who is Siegmund Warburg?
(a) A London banker.
(b) A German industrialist.
(c) A client of Morgan Grenfell.
(d) A Hamburg banker.
4. How much does Fred Lee make in an insider trading scheme?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $5.5 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $16.5 million.
5. What do Wall Street banks use as a form of finance during this period?
(a) Compensating balances.
(d) Foreign currency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Senator begins to investigate petrodollars in 1975?
2. When does the SEC charge Tommy S. Lamont with inside trading?
3. Who is the chairman of Guinness during the scandal?
4. What is the name of the first Morgan mutual fund?
5. Who succeeds Leffingwell as chairman of Morgan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Bretton Woods conference in 1944?
2. What Morgan Stanley policy begins to hurt them in the 1970s and comes to a head in 1979 with respect to a $1 billion issue with IBM?
3. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
4. What company does Morgan merge with, and what is the resulting company?
5. What happens at the Paris office, called Morgan et Compagnie, when the Nazis try to force them to accept Nazi deposits?
6. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
7. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
8. What is the Marshall Plan?
9. What is the SEC new Rule 415?
10. What are tombstones?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)