|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Falkland War start?
(a) December 1981.
(b) December 1982.
(c) April 1982.
(d) June 1982.
2. When does Mussolini die?
3. When does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
(a) February 1940.
(b) June 1940.
(c) December 1940.
(d) January 1940.
4. London Morgan Guaranty Limited is renamed to what?
(a) Morgan Stanley.
(b) JP Morgan and Company.
(c) JP Morgan Securities.
(d) Morgan Grenfell.
5. In the mid 1970s Morgan Stanley leads the industry in what kind of offerings?
(a) Bond offerings only.
(b) Stock and bond offerings.
(c) Neither stock or bond offerings.
(d) Stock offerings only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dean Jay?
2. Who owns the London tabloid, News of the World?
3. In the mid 1970s how much of the profits for JP Morgan and Company are coming from abroad?
4. What do Wall Street banks use as a form of finance during this period?
5. How much does Morgan Grenfell make on the American Tobacco deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
2. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
3. What are tombstones?
4. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
5. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
6. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
7. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
8. Generally, what is Morgan Stanley's role as the premier investment banking firm?
9. What is Cliveden?
10. What are LBOs?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)