|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the London tabloid, News of the World?
(a) The Harcourts.
(b) The Murdochs.
(c) The Morgans.
(d) The Carrs.
2. When does Leffingwell serve as chairman of Morgan?
(a) 1948 - 1952.
(b) 1948 - 1950.
(c) 1947 - 1950.
(d) 1947 - 1949.
3. When does Morgan bank merge with Guaranty Trust to form Morgan Guaranty?
4. What causes the recession in 1973-1974?
(a) The Arab oil embargo.
(b) The devaluation of the Euro.
(c) The Arab boycott of Israel.
(d) The introduction of petrodollars.
5. Who succeeds Leffingwell as chairman of Morgan?
(a) George Whitney.
(b) George Kennecott.
(c) Henry P. Davison.
(d) Tommy S. Lamont.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the first Jew to be hired at Morgan Stanley and also the second youngest partner in Morgan history?
2. Who becomes chairman of the Morgan bank when Jack Morgan dies?
3. The repeal of the Neutrality Acts allows who to purchase arms from the US?
4. When does Morgan Grenfell go public?
5. Why can't Morgan Grenfell enter the US market?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Marshall Plan?
2. What does Morgan Grenfell do when Morgan Guaranty enters investment banking in London and sells its one third interest in Morgan Grenfell?
3. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
4. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
5. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
6. What is SAMA?
7. Who are Morgan Grenfell's two takeover stars?
8. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
9. What happens when the stock market crashes in October 1987?
10. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)