|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins with Morgan to make two loans of $225 million to France?
(a) Bank of America.
(c) No one.
2. Who asks Morgan to be in charge of the loan to Brazil in 1982?
(a) Michael Milkin.
(b) William Rhodes.
(c) Ben Bernache.
(d) Paul Volcker.
3. When does France sign an armistice with Nazi Germany?
(a) June 1940.
(b) January 1940.
(c) March 1940.
(d) August 1940.
4. In 1981 who hires Adrian Antoniu, a Romanian refugee?
(a) Morgan Stanley.
(b) Morgan Guaranty.
(c) Lehman Brothers.
(d) Salomon Brothers.
5. Who is the chairman of Guinness during the scandal?
(a) George Magan.
(b) Ernest Saunders.
(c) Geoffrey Collier.
(d) Ivan Boesky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the trust department of Morgan Guaranty after the merger?
2. The repeal of the Neutrality Acts allows who to purchase arms from the US?
3. Who is Siegmund Warburg?
4. When does Morgan Stanley's first hostile takeover occur?
5. When does Hitler invade Austria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is SAMA?
2. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
3. What makes it impossible for Morgan Stanley to service large investors who trade large blocks for other blocks?
4. In late 1988, what is Morgan Grenfell's major strength?
5. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
6. Generally, what is Morgan Stanley's role as the premier investment banking firm?
7. What is the result on profits when the SEC prohibits fixed commissions on stock trade in 1975?
8. What is Euramerica?
9. What is Cliveden?
10. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)