|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the mid eighties how much is the Euromarket worth?
(a) $2.5 billion.
(b) $2.5 trillion.
(c) $10 billion.
(d) $5 million.
2. In 1977 what company does Kennecott Copper buy?
(a) Twentieth Century Fox.
3. Where does Morgan Bank move in 1989?
(a) Morgan Stanley building.
(b) 2 Wall Street.
(c) 60 Wall Street.
(d) Exxon building.
4. Morgan Guaranty pioneers in what new financial instrument market?
(a) Fed Funds.
(b) Municipal securities.
(c) Treasury securities.
(d) Certificates of deposits.
5. When do the Saudis form a central bank called SAMA?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Falkland War start?
2. Who is Siegmund Warburg?
3. When does Morgan Stanley go public?
4. Who is the head of Morgan Stanley's Mergers and Acquisitions department in the 1980s?
5. In 1979 Morgan Stanley loses an IBM deal to what other firm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it impossible for Morgan Stanley to service large investors who trade large blocks for other blocks?
2. What is Euramerica?
3. What event begins the long relationship between Rupert Murdoch and Morgan Grenfell?
4. What are tombstones?
5. Generally, what is Morgan Stanley's role as the premier investment banking firm?
6. What is Morgan Guaranty's position with respect to Latin America?
7. What deal does Morgan Stanley negotiate for Adnan Khashoggi?
8. What is SAMA?
9. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
10. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)