|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Asher Edelman?
(a) Partner in Morgan Stanley.
(c) Corporate raider.
2. In 1977 what company does Kennecott Copper buy?
(c) Twentieth Century Fox.
3. Who becomes chairman of the Morgan bank when Jack Morgan dies?
(a) Tom Lamont.
(b) Tom Catto.
(c) Harry Morgan.
(d) George Whitney.
4. Who does the US military ask to visit Germany and assess their air power?
(a) Jack Morgan.
(b) Waldorf Astor.
(c) Charles Lindbergh.
(d) Joseph Kennedy.
5. By the mid 1960s how much money does Morgan manage in trust assets?
(a) $50 million.
(b) $15 million.
(c) $15 billion.
(d) $1 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Saudis form a central bank called SAMA?
2. When does JP Morgan and Company become a corporation?
3. What Senator begins to investigate petrodollars in 1975?
4. Who becomes the chairman of Morgan in 1955?
5. How long does the Justice Department antitrust case against Morgan Stanley last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Euramerica?
2. When Mussolini has Giovanni Fummi, a Morgan agent, arrested as a spy what happens?
3. Why does US District Attorney Rudolph Giuliani criticize Morgan Stanley for the inside trading scandal involving Stephen Sui-Kwan Wang, Jr. even though Morgan Stanley was not involved?
4. Why does England sign the Munich Pact and what other countries signed?
5. When Jack Morgan dies in March 1943, does the Morgan bank continue to operate efficiently?
6. Who outmaneuvers Morgan Grenfell on the British Aluminum deal?
7. How big is the trust operation of Morgan Guaranty after its merger?
8. What is the Marshall Plan?
9. What are tombstones?
10. What happens when the stock market crashes in October 1987?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)