|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Roy and Berry to the airport at the end of the book?
(b) The Fat Man.
(c) Gilheeny and Quick.
(d) A cabdriver.
2. In his fantasy he has while at work, Roy imagines the mystery woman's perfume to smell like what?
(d) Baby powder.
3. Who says they like it when people say "I don't know"?
(a) The Fish.
(d) The Fat Man.
4. Besides the main five interns, who else raises their hand when asked who wants to take up psychiatry?
(a) The policemen.
(b) Two of the nurses.
(c) The Fat Man.
(d) The cleaning woman.
5. Where does Roy pick up the nurse whom he sleeps with?
(a) In a patient's room.
(b) In a park.
(c) In a gym.
(d) In the EW.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chuck decide he is going next year?
2. Why did Molly get mad at Roy in chapter 16?
3. Berry says Roy is hypomanic, identifying with his aggressor. To whom is she referring?
4. What is 789?
5. What was Eddie promised by Leggo if he stayed on a second year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why exactly does Chuck get in trouble in chapter 21?
2. When the elevator doesn't move, what is Roy's reaction? When he asks Eddie if he's gone nuts, what is his response? What does this show about their states of mind?
3. Why can't they ever get rid of the one gomer Harry the Horse?
4. What was happening that made the interns all more isolated from one another?
5. What does the Fat Man focus on in his workshop? What specialties?
6. What single incident, with the hepatitis woman, made it hard for Roy "to do extremely well for a minute or two"? How did Roy and the nurse react?
7. What does Nate Zock say he's going to write in his letter to the chief of medicine, Dr. Leggo, the chief resident, and the BMS and House trustees? What did Roy find out later that Nate Zock also did?
8. What does Roy see at the Marcel Marceau show that snaps Roy back into reality?
9. What started happening around Passover and what was Roy's idea to stop it? Does it work?
10. Why does Berry say that it is emotionally detrimental for the interns when they move on so quickly from things (like Potts' death) and in spite of everything, act like there is no past?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)