|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the theories about what is inside of Olive's humps?
(a) Petrol gas.
(b) The milk of human kindness.
(c) Big pimentos.
2. Who is having a baby and is very blase about it?
3. In Chapter 15, who lovingly breaks the news to a female patient that she is going to die?
(d) The Fat Man.
4. The last mime in the show Roy and Berry attended was called what?
(a) The Man on Fire.
(b) The Fool.
(c) The Maskmaker.
(d) The Illusionist.
5. What was Berry giving Roy and his friends advice about in chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Fat Man keeps note cards for what reason?
2. Instead of going to a show with Berry, where Roy go?
3. What does Roy tell Saul is the only thing he can promise him?
4. Chuck says that Howie's dose he gave a patient is equivalent to what?
5. What is Eddie's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Roy's new intern so nicknamed by him and Chuck, and what did Roy say the new intern lacked?
2. Whom does Gilheeny claim are the three people that he and Quick will always cherish?
3. When Roy finds out that Molly is seeing another intern named Howie, what kind of hypothetical situation does he conjure up in his mind?
4. What is a Blue Blazer, and what happens when Roy calls one up?
5. What does Berry say was a huge trigger for Roy's regression?
6. Why does Berry say that it is emotionally detrimental for the interns when they move on so quickly from things (like Potts' death) and in spite of everything, act like there is no past?
7. When the elevator doesn't move, what is Roy's reaction? When he asks Eddie if he's gone nuts, what is his response? What does this show about their states of mind?
8. How does Roy claim that many people in the hospital "take out our hatred, our loneliness, our horror with human suffering, and our despair at human endings"?
9. What is Pinkus' state of health as opposed to how he used to be?
10. What does Roy see at the Marcel Marceau show that snaps Roy back into reality?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)