|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what is said by a nurse that baffles Roy?
(a) That she doesn't think an obviously dead patient is dead.
(b) That she doesn't believe in using respirators.
(c) That she doesn't turn off respirators.
(d) That she doesn't believe in using modern medicine.
2. How did Tina the anorexic get to the House?
(a) By walking miles.
(b) By sleeping outside and being found by Roy.
(c) By being forced out of her home.
(d) By taxi.
3. Fat Man was a graduate of what school?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Brooklyn College.
(d) Stanford University.
4. In what state will the Fat Man be transferring to next year?
(d) New Jersey.
5. What has the Runt been giving one of the dying patients?
(a) Advice about his grandchildren.
(c) Extra food.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last mime in the show Roy and Berry attended was called what?
2. What does Zock promise Roy?
3. Why did Chuck get in trouble with the resident at the hospital?
4. What did Roy's patient Olive have that most of the interns had never seen before?
5. What does Roy find out about Molly in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Roy's clever response to the question posed by 789: "how come you're always going to sleep, and I"m always staying awake?"
2. What is Roy's father's reaction to finding out that Roy is going into psychiatry?
3. What does Roy ask the Runt about Angel? Why can't the Runt completely answer the question?
4. When the elevator doesn't move, what is Roy's reaction? When he asks Eddie if he's gone nuts, what is his response? What does this show about their states of mind?
5. What does Roy see at the Marcel Marceau show that snaps Roy back into reality?
6. What was said by Chuck to Leggo in their farewell meeting that Roy said, for the first time, that the Leggo seemed to hear?
7. When Roy finds out that Molly is seeing another intern named Howie, what kind of hypothetical situation does he conjure up in his mind?
8. What was happening that made the interns all more isolated from one another?
9. What does the new extract the Fat Man created, and what is its one side effect?
10. What is a Blue Blazer, and what happens when Roy calls one up?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)