|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fat Man keeps note cards for what reason?
(a) To remember his schedule.
(b) To keep track of the patients' symptoms.
(c) To keep track of all the interns' mistakes.
(d) To keep all his ideas for inventions on them.
2. What activity does Roy decide he is going to participate in?
(a) Walking to work.
3. Sam Levin, an eighty-year-old patient, is known for what?
(a) Making everyone wait on him constantly.
(b) Playing practical jokes on the interns.
(c) Hitting on the nurses.
(d) Eating everyone's food.
4. Who was the last person Potts talked to before he died?
(c) The Runt.
(d) The Fat Man.
5. The last mime in the show Roy and Berry attended was called what?
(a) The Fool.
(b) The Illusionist.
(c) The Maskmaker.
(d) The Man on Fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the main five interns, who else raises their hand when asked who wants to take up psychiatry?
2. What does Roy find out about Molly in Chapter 17?
3. Who is the tall, emaciated-looking consultant to Roy's new unit?
4. Whose slogan is "you gotta have heart"?
5. Of the Zock family, who is currently in the House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was happening that made the interns all more isolated from one another?
2. Why does Berry say that it is emotionally detrimental for the interns when they move on so quickly from things (like Potts' death) and in spite of everything, act like there is no past?
3. What single incident, with the hepatitis woman, made it hard for Roy "to do extremely well for a minute or two"? How did Roy and the nurse react?
4. What does the new extract the Fat Man created, and what is its one side effect?
5. When Roy goes to find the Fat Man outside of the hospital, why does he realize that he had never let him see his house before?
6. What is so strange about how Eat My Dust Eddie speaks about his newborn baby?
7. Why was Roy's new intern so nicknamed by him and Chuck, and what did Roy say the new intern lacked?
8. Why does Roy start to dislike the Fat Man? What does Berry think?
9. What is Roy's clever response to the question posed by 789: "how come you're always going to sleep, and I"m always staying awake?"
10. When Roy finds out that Molly is seeing another intern named Howie, what kind of hypothetical situation does he conjure up in his mind?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)