|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fat Man keeps note cards for what reason?
(a) To keep track of all the interns' mistakes.
(b) To keep all his ideas for inventions on them.
(c) To keep track of the patients' symptoms.
(d) To remember his schedule.
2. In Chapter 20, what is equated by Roy as going together?
(a) Life and death.
(b) Medicine and running.
(c) Sex and medicine.
(d) Sex and death.
3. Who surprised Roy by admitting he had killed patients before?
(b) Fat Man.
4. Instead of going to a show with Berry, where Roy go?
(a) To church.
(b) Back to the hospital.
(c) To hang out with Molly.
5. What is the Black Crow Award given for?
(a) For calling off the most.
(b) For having the most postmortems (after deaths).
(c) For working the most shifts consecutively.
(d) For saving the most patients singlehandedly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roy pick up the nurse whom he sleeps with?
2. What has the Runt been giving one of the dying patients?
3. Why did Roy really go to see the Fat Man in chapter 23?
4. Who takes Roy and Berry to the airport at the end of the book?
5. Upon hearing Pinkus discuss his, what does Roy realize he does not have one of his own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Gilheeny claim are the three people that he and Quick will always cherish?
2. When Roy finds out that Molly is seeing another intern named Howie, what kind of hypothetical situation does he conjure up in his mind?
3. What does Roy ask the Runt about Angel? Why can't the Runt completely answer the question?
4. What is Roy's clever response to the question posed by 789: "how come you're always going to sleep, and I"m always staying awake?"
5. When the elevator doesn't move, what is Roy's reaction? When he asks Eddie if he's gone nuts, what is his response? What does this show about their states of mind?
6. Why exactly does Chuck get in trouble in chapter 21?
7. Why can't they ever get rid of the one gomer Harry the Horse?
8. What does Berry say was a huge trigger for Roy's regression?
9. What single incident, with the hepatitis woman, made it hard for Roy "to do extremely well for a minute or two"? How did Roy and the nurse react?
10. What was said by Chuck to Leggo in their farewell meeting that Roy said, for the first time, that the Leggo seemed to hear?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)