|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, Roy reflects on his internship year while vacationing in what country?
2. Who dies instead of the gomers, according to the interns?
(c) Drug addicts.
(d) Young people.
3. Where did the Fat Man keep all of his patients' information?
(a) On notecards.
(b) In folders.
(c) In a computer.
(d) In his head.
4. What does the Fat Man tell Chuck the way he dresses makes him look like?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A mugger.
(c) A child.
(d) A fool.
5. Why is Bruiser ashamed in Chapter 9?
(a) Because he gave a patient the wrong medication.
(b) Because he was turned on by a naked patient.
(c) Because he has never slept with a woman before.
(d) Because everyone finds out he has a crush on the nurse Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Runt believe he is going to die?
2. What does Molly tell Roy is her weakness?
3. What does Mr. Rokitansky say no matter what people ask ?
4. What does the the term "slurpers" refer to?
5. Where did Molly and Roy go on their date around Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Roy think Berry suspected something was up with him (and possibly someone else) in Chapter 8?
2. Potts is on Valium, and starts putting his patients on it as well. Why does he say he's doing this?
3. What is a LOL in NAD?
4. How does Roy react when the Fat Man says he knows how scared the interns are?
5. What is the Fat Man's response when Roy asks him why his patients all love him?
6. What kind of internship is Roy reflecting upon in the beginning of the book?
7. What does gomer stand for?
8. How does Berry feel about the gomers Roy speaks of?
9. What do Roy and his friends, who have political internships in D.C., realize are similar about their situations?
10. What happens when Potts hydrates the gomer Ida against the Fat Man's wishes?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)