|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To figure out the appropriate LASIX dose for a patient, the Fat Man says to add the BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) level and what?
(a) The pulse per minute of the patient.
(b) The amount of times they have had pain over the past month.
(c) The amount of inches the patient stands.
(d) The age of the patient.
2. Why was the Fat Man, instead of Jo, their resident-on-call to start?
(a) Because Jo was on vacation.
(b) Because Jo's father died.
(c) Because the Fat Man really wanted to work with this specific group of interns.
(d) Because the schedule was messed up.
3. Roy says the countryside is so lush that the birds can't eat all of the what?
4. What do Chuck and Roy convince the Runt to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Break up with his girlfriend.
(b) Tell his parents what he really thinks about them.
(c) Ask out the red-headed nurse.
(d) Tell off the resident.
5. What did some woman in the EW overdose on in Chapter 12?
(b) Hair mousse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Fat Man's invention is called _______Anal Mirror?
2. In Chapter 9, what triggers Roy's outburst to Jo?
3. Chuck figures out why a patient can't breathe when no one else can. What does he find in her throat?
4. Who was the president at the time in which the novel was set?
5. What does the the term "slurpers" refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Berry feel about the gomers Roy speaks of?
2. On the average, how old are the gomers?
3. Why does Roy think that Jo throws herself into her work so vehemently?
4. What is the Fat Man's response when Roy asks him why his patients all love him?
5. What imaginary object does Cohen tell Roy to use when he doesn't know how he will make it through their 24-hour shift?
6. Explain what "gomers go to ground" means and what it entails.
7. What does Roy say happened to his friend Chuck in the House?
8. How does Chuck say he got into medical school?
9. What ethical quandary must Roy face?
10. What is a "slurper"?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)