|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why did Berry mention being worried about Chuck?
(a) Because he seemed to be getting more unhealthy and drinking more.
(b) Because he was flirting with too many married women.
(c) Because he never came around anymore and was antisocial.
(d) Because he was drinking and driving a lot.
2. What was Roy's father's profession?
(a) A chiropractor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A professor.
(d) A dentist.
3. Where is Roy eating an oyster at in the beginning of chapter 10?
(d) Long Island.
4. The Fat Man refers to his invention as what?
(a) The First of its Kind.
(b) The Great American Medical Invention.
(c) The Best Invention in Medicine.
(d) The Best Way to Self-Diagnose.
5. What week is supposedly the "worst" week in the EW?
(a) The week between Christmas and New Year's.
(b) The week before Christmas.
(c) The week after New Year's.
(d) The week of the Superbowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the patient Ina?
2. How is the Fish described?
3. Roy was afraid to give what to a patient?
4. How did Jo's father die?
5. Except for her ____________________, Berry is naked at the beginning of the novel.
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of internship is Roy reflecting upon in the beginning of the book?
2. What is the Fat Man's response when Roy asks him why his patients all love him?
3. What is Roy's mother's reaction when she senses his ambivalence about medicine and the internship?
4. Why does Roy think that Jo throws herself into her work so vehemently?
5. What insignia starts appearing all over the hospital by Roy's name, and what do people take it to mean?
6. What does Molly get Roy for Christmas and what does she admit to him? How does Roy feel about this?
7. What imaginary object does Cohen tell Roy to use when he doesn't know how he will make it through their 24-hour shift?
8. What is a SIEVE and a WALL?
9. How does Chuck say he got into medical school?
10. In Chapter 10, what happens that forces Roy to really think about death?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)