|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Wing of Zock was named for what?
(a) A former nurse who was killed in a car crash.
(b) A famous doctor who used to work at the House.
(c) A rich family who gave money to the hospital.
(d) The chief resident.
2. What does it mean to TURF someone?
(a) To check them in to the hospital.
(b) To send them to another part of the hospital.
(c) To fix their medicine.
(d) To fix their charts.
3. To figure out the appropriate LASIX dose for a patient, the Fat Man says to add the BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) level and what?
(a) The pulse per minute of the patient.
(b) The amount of times they have had pain over the past month.
(c) The amount of inches the patient stands.
(d) The age of the patient.
4. The Fat Man's invention is called _______Anal Mirror?
(a) Cal Jung's.
(b) Chad Jung's.
(c) Carl June's.
(d) Chuck Jung's.
5. The Fat Man says that Jo needs these patients in her life to do what?
(a) To make her feel healthier.
(b) To give her an excuse to not ever go on dates.
(c) To fill a void in her life.
(d) To give her compliments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Fat Man tell Chuck the way he dresses makes him look like?
2. The Fat Man refers to his invention as what?
3. What week is supposedly the "worst" week in the EW?
4. The lowest rung on the hospital hierarchy is who?
5. What deliberate mistake made by an intern did the chief resident tell everyone about, which ended up getting the intern sent down to the Deep South?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Fat Man's response when Roy asks him why his patients all love him?
2. What is a SIEVE and a WALL?
3. How does Chuck say he got into medical school?
4. In Chapter 10, what happens that forces Roy to really think about death?
5. On the average, how old are the gomers?
6. Gilheeny and Quick tell a story about an intern Grenade Room Dubler, who was set up with a favor by the policemen. What was the favor, and what was the outcome?
7. Roy makes up a law of his own, a new number ten. What is it?
8. What kind of internship is Roy reflecting upon in the beginning of the book?
9. Explain what "gomers go to ground" means and what it entails.
10. What is a "slurper"?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)