|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chuck's excuse for being late to rotation?
(a) He was with his girlfriend and lost track of time.
(b) He got caught in traffic.
(c) He overslept.
(d) He had to get his car fixed.
2. What did Molly get Roy for Christmas?
(a) A silver tiepin.
(b) A knitted sweater.
(c) A ring.
(d) A new stethoscope.
3. Roy says the countryside is so lush that the birds can't eat all of the what?
4. Who was the president at the time in which the novel was set?
5. For what occasion do Berry and Roy visit his parents?
(a) His brother's wife had a baby.
(b) His parents' anniversary.
(d) Roy's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Fat Man keep all of his patients' information?
2. What was the woman with saggy eyes asking for?
3. Who says when they die, they want their money in a trust fund donated to the first BMS to realize the insanity of the medical profession and drop out?
4. What happened to the child of the worried couple who mistakenly thought their daughter was sent to the House?
5. What does the Fat Man tell Chuck the way he dresses makes him look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Potts hydrates the gomer Ida against the Fat Man's wishes?
2. In Chapter 10, what happens that forces Roy to really think about death?
3. What is the Fat Man's response when Roy asks him why his patients all love him?
4. Why does the Fat Man say the interns should do a bad job filling out the paperwork?
5. What does gomer stand for?
6. What keeps reminding Roy of all the gomers from the House?
7. What imaginary object does Cohen tell Roy to use when he doesn't know how he will make it through their 24-hour shift?
8. Why does the Fat Man say that in internal medicine it's not necessary to see the patients?
9. What is Roy's mother's reaction when she senses his ambivalence about medicine and the internship?
10. What does Roy tell Leggo is the reason that his boys don't love him?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)