|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Jeff Cohen?
(a) The EW resident.
(b) The psych resident.
(c) The oldest doctor in the House.
(d) The richest doctor in the House.
2. Why was Roy's mother annoyed with him in Chapter 11?
(a) Because he hadn't proposed to Berry yet.
(b) Because he took a nap.
(c) Because they were late for dinner.
(d) Because he spoke negatively about the internship.
3. What does Mr. Rokitansky say no matter what people ask ?
(a) Leave me alone!.
(c) Purty good.
(d) Gooooood yeah.
4. What does "gomers go to ground" mean?
(a) They die.
(b) They can't talk.
(c) They walk around all over the place.
(d) They fall out of bed.
5. What kept being written next to Roy's name all over the hospital?
(a) A star.
(c) A smiley face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roy contemplates whether it's more ethical to lie to save a life or:
2. What deliberate mistake made by an intern did the chief resident tell everyone about, which ended up getting the intern sent down to the Deep South?
3. Why did Roy and Berry leave early from dinner with Roy's parents?
4. Except for her ____________________, Berry is naked at the beginning of the novel.
5. The fantasy Roy has at the end of Chapter 1 takes place where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of internship is Roy reflecting upon in the beginning of the book?
2. Why does the Fat Man say the interns should do a bad job filling out the paperwork?
3. How does Roy say the interns in the House of God handled intimacy?
4. What does Roy tell Leggo is the reason that his boys don't love him?
5. What is a LOL in NAD?
6. What does Potts say he considers a half emergency?
7. Roy and Chuck don't attend to their patients at all. Why does this end up working out for them?
8. What was Chuck's plan to get clean sheets in the on-call room? How do Roy and the Runt plan to do this too?
9. What is Roy's mother's reaction when she senses his ambivalence about medicine and the internship?
10. What keeps reminding Roy of all the gomers from the House?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)