|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who surprised Roy by admitting he had killed patients before?
(b) Fat Man.
2. Instead of going to a show with Berry, where Roy go?
(b) Back to the hospital.
(c) To church.
(d) To hang out with Molly.
3. In what state will the Fat Man be transferring to next year?
(b) New Jersey.
4. In Chapter 15, who lovingly breaks the news to a female patient that she is going to die?
(c) The Fat Man.
5. Berry says Roy is hypomanic, identifying with his aggressor. To whom is she referring?
(a) Fat Man.
6. Why did Molly get mad at Roy in chapter 16?
(a) Because he didn't give her a Valentine's Day gift.
(b) Because he slept with another nurse.
(c) Because he broke a date.
(d) Because he told her he wouldn't break up with his girlfriend for her.
7. Why is Nate Zock impressed with Roy?
(a) Because he is incredibly attentive.
(b) Because he allows Zock to do what he wants, rather than what everyone else does.
(c) Because he seems to know more than any other doctor he has had prior.
(d) Because he stands up to Zock's family.
8. What does Roy find out about Molly in Chapter 17?
(a) That she's dating another intern.
(b) That she has been sleeping with half the staff.
(c) That she's manic depressive.
(d) That she plans on getting in touch with Berry.
9. What does the Fat Man say is keeping him busy when he talks to Roy after a long absence?
(a) The Roses from the Rose Room.
(b) The gomers.
(d) Filling out applications.
10. Upon hearing Pinkus discuss his, what does Roy realize he does not have one of his own?
(a) An opinion.
(b) A hobby.
(c) A patient whom he really likes.
(d) A true love.
11. Who takes Roy and Berry to the airport at the end of the book?
(b) The Fat Man.
(c) A cabdriver.
(d) Gilheeny and Quick.
12. What has the Runt been giving one of the dying patients?
(c) Advice about his grandchildren.
(d) Extra food.
13. Who was going ahead with a fellowship in thanatology?
(b) Fat Man.
(d) The Runt.
14. In Chapter 20, what is Roy's theory for the large influx of recent deaths?
(a) The quality level of doctors and nurses is getting lower every year.
(b) Everything happens for a reason.
(c) God is punishing them.
(d) People's carelessness.
15. Roy realized what about the Fat Man and his inventions?
(a) That they were Fat Man's way of sticking it to the man.
(b) That they were made as a way to help interns get through the year.
(c) That they were all nonexistent.
(d) That he was always just out to make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the patient Tina die?
2. What is Eddie's nickname?
3. When the Runt is talking to his parents, why does Roy take the phone away from him?
4. What does the Fat man's extract supposedly do?
5. Where does Chuck decide he is going next year?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)