|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chuck really late to rotation?
(a) He was up all night with a girl.
(b) He completely forgot he had to work.
(c) He was on an all-night bender at the bar.
(d) He was interviewing at another hospital.
2. To figure out the appropriate LASIX dose for a patient, the Fat Man says to add the BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) level and what?
(a) The amount of times they have had pain over the past month.
(b) The amount of inches the patient stands.
(c) The pulse per minute of the patient.
(d) The age of the patient.
3. Potts speaks of how he is strangely jealous of his brother because his profession is what?
(a) A stay-at-home dad.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A plumber.
4. What was Roy's father's profession?
(a) A professor.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A chiropractor.
5. How does Berry react to Roy when he jokingly talks about the gomers?
(a) She is personally offended.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She's disgusted.
(d) She is disinterested.
6. What is Chuck's excuse for being late to rotation?
(a) He got caught in traffic.
(b) He had to get his car fixed.
(c) He overslept.
(d) He was with his girlfriend and lost track of time.
7. What does BMS stand for?
(a) Broken medical system.
(b) Board-certified medical school.
(c) Best medical system.
(d) Best medical school/student.
8. What does Roy use to remember medical facts?
(b) Mnenomic device.
9. Who says when they die, they want their money in a trust fund donated to the first BMS to realize the insanity of the medical profession and drop out?
(a) The Runt.
10. At the beginning of the novel, Roy reflects on his internship year while vacationing in what country?
11. Why doesn't Roy ask out the Norwegian woman patient who hits on him?
(a) Because he already feels guilty for cheating on Berry.
(b) Because she's leaving for Copenhagen in a day or two.
(c) Because it's against hospital policy.
(d) Because her father was there.
12. How is the Fish described?
(a) As anxious and terrified.
(b) As slimy and shifty.
(c) As friendly and laid-back.
(d) As excited and optimistic.
13. Who is Molly?
(a) An attractive nurse.
(b) A friend of Roy from home.
(c) A gomer.
(d) A doctor who is always anxious.
14. What does the Fat Man tell Chuck the way he dresses makes him look like?
(a) A mugger.
(b) A fool.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A child.
15. Who was described as a thin, dry-looking little man with a horrific purple birthmark on the side of his face?
(b) Fat Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie/food combination does the Fat Man talk about which he enjoys?
2. Roy was afraid to give what to a patient?
3. What does the Runt tell outrageous stories about to Chuck and Roy?
4. Who is Otis?
5. How did the Runt get rid of a patient that came into the EW when he was busy with the Yellow Man?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)