|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Molly and Roy go on their date around Christmas?
(a) To a political rally against Nixon.
(b) To an off-Broadway show.
(c) To the movies.
(d) The Ice Follies.
2. The Fat Man refers to his invention as what?
(a) The Best Way to Self-Diagnose.
(b) The Best Invention in Medicine.
(c) The First of its Kind.
(d) The Great American Medical Invention.
3. For what occasion do Berry and Roy visit his parents?
(a) His brother's wife had a baby.
(b) Roy's birthday.
(c) His parents' anniversary.
4. What was the woman with saggy eyes asking for?
(a) Eye tape.
(b) New eyes.
(c) Plastic surgery.
5. Why did Roy and Berry leave early from dinner with Roy's parents?
(a) Berry had to work.
(b) Roy had to work.
(c) Roy got annoyed with his parents.
(d) Someone showed up who Roy didn't get along with.
6. The lowest rung on the hospital hierarchy is who?
(a) The resident.
(b) The pharmacist.
(c) The intern.
(d) The nurse.
7. How does Berry react to Roy when he jokingly talks about the gomers?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is disinterested.
(c) She's disgusted.
(d) She is personally offended.
8. What was Chuck the only of in his ward?
9. Passing a hospice on his walk, Roy is reminded of all the _____________ he treated the past year.
(a) Accident victims.
(b) Heart attack victims.
(c) Terminally ill patients.
10. In Chapter 9, what triggers Roy's outburst to Jo?
(a) She comes in on her day off when she said she wouldn't.
(b) Her immediate response to a death is to ask for a postmortem.
(c) She won't let a patient die quickly who is in pain.
(d) She tells Roy that he needs to step it up.
11. Who are the first two people Roy meets in the EW?
(a) The two pretty nurses.
(b) Berry's look-alike and her sidekick.
(c) The chief resident and his protege.
(d) The two policemen.
12. How did the Runt get rid of a patient that came into the EW when he was busy with the Yellow Man?
(a) He gave him $5.
(b) He told him the hospital was closing.
(c) He gave him a Bandaid.
(d) He told him that there was a 24 hour wait.
13. What movie/food combination does the Fat Man talk about which he enjoys?
(a) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and asparagus.
(b) Psycho and spaghetti.
(c) Cinderella and brownies.
(d) The Wizard of Oz and blintzes.
14. What does it mean to BUFF someone?
(a) To fix their chart so they can be TURFed.
(b) To fix them up to look healthy.
(c) To do the opposite of TURFing someone.
(d) To kick them out of the hospital.
15. Who is Dr. Jeff Cohen?
(a) The oldest doctor in the House.
(b) The psych resident.
(c) The EW resident.
(d) The richest doctor in the House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to TURF someone?
2. Roy contemplates whether it's more ethical to lie to save a life or:
3. What did Chuck and Roy have to hide from Jo?
4. Chuck figures out why a patient can't breathe when no one else can. What does he find in her throat?
5. At the beginning of the novel, Roy reflects on his internship year while vacationing in what country?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)