|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the patient Ina?
(a) She had scum under her breasts.
(b) She threw up all over the place.
(c) She was all slimy.
(d) She smelled badly.
2. In Chapter 1, what is mentioned by Roy which he sees drip off of Berry's face?
(b) Russian dressing.
(c) Chocolate sauce.
3. At the beginning of the novel, Roy reflects on his internship year while vacationing in what country?
4. What does the Runt tell outrageous stories about to Chuck and Roy?
(a) His childhood and crazy parents.
(b) The nurse whom he's sleeping with.
(c) How his fiancee is a lunatic.
(d) How he saved the life of three patients when on-call.
5. What is a Sociable Cervix?
(a) The person responsible for getting gomers placed.
(b) A woman who donates eggs.
(c) A nurse who will date any doctor.
(d) The person who can get favors done for anyone at the hospital.
6. What does the Fat Man give advice to Roy about?
(a) Extracurricular activities.
(b) Prescribing medicine.
(c) The chief resident.
(d) The nurses.
7. Why did Roy and Berry leave early from dinner with Roy's parents?
(a) Roy got annoyed with his parents.
(b) Someone showed up who Roy didn't get along with.
(c) Berry had to work.
(d) Roy had to work.
8. What happened to Chuck's eye that made it swell?
(a) He he got punched by a patient.
(b) He got an infection from a patient.
(c) He put the wrong ointment on it.
(d) He got a bugbite.
9. How is the Fish described?
(a) As anxious and terrified.
(b) As friendly and laid-back.
(c) As excited and optimistic.
(d) As slimy and shifty.
10. Who was the president at the time in which the novel was set?
11. What was Chuck the only of in his ward?
12. What does Roy mean when he refers to "Cooper's Droopers"?
13. Passing a hospice on his walk, Roy is reminded of all the _____________ he treated the past year.
(a) Accident victims.
(c) Heart attack victims.
(d) Terminally ill patients.
14. What did Chuck and Roy have to hide from Jo?
(a) The fact that they were doing nothing to the patients.
(b) That they often slipped unauthorized meds to the patients.
(c) That they didn't like her.
(d) That they took naps in the middle of their shifts.
15. What was the woman with saggy eyes asking for?
(a) New eyes.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Eye tape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roy contemplates whether it's more ethical to lie to save a life or:
2. Why does "Crazy Abe" tell Roy that he did good?
3. What does Roy say his father uses in every sentence in the letters he write to him?
4. Roy was afraid to give what to a patient?
5. What did Berry think of Roy's coworkers when she met them at a party?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)