|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roy was afraid to give what to a patient?
(a) A diagnosis.
(c) An IV.
(d) A shot.
2. To figure out the appropriate LASIX dose for a patient, the Fat Man says to add the BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) level and what?
(a) The amount of times they have had pain over the past month.
(b) The amount of inches the patient stands.
(c) The pulse per minute of the patient.
(d) The age of the patient.
3. What does BMS stand for?
(a) Board-certified medical school.
(b) Broken medical system.
(c) Best medical school/student.
(d) Best medical system.
4. What does Molly tell Roy is her weakness?
(a) That she cries easily over dying patients.
(b) That she can't resist men who already are taken.
(c) That she can't resist a man with a stethoscope.
(d) That she's very physical.
5. Roy contemplates whether it's more ethical to lie to save a life or:
(a) To tell the truth and kill someone.
(b) To lie to save yourself.
(c) To cheat to save a life.
(d) To tell the truth and save a life.
6. Who dies instead of the gomers, according to the interns?
(b) Young people.
(c) Drug addicts.
7. Berry's profession was what?
(a) A clinical psychologist.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A cardiologist.
(d) A lawyer.
8. Why does the Runt believe he is going to die?
(a) Because he ate a sick man's dinner by accident.
(b) Because he is paranoid and a hypochondriac.
(c) Because because he was pricked with a needle that was infected with disease.
(d) Because he can't feel his hand a lot of the time.
9. Who are Selma and Rosalie?
(a) The oldest gomers on their rotation.
(b) The cleaning women who Chuck seduces for favors.
(c) The two most beautiful nurses in the hospital.
(d) The women who Roy and the Runt sleep with for favors.
10. What does it mean to BUFF someone?
(a) To fix them up to look healthy.
(b) To do the opposite of TURFing someone.
(c) To fix their chart so they can be TURFed.
(d) To kick them out of the hospital.
11. Who was the president at the time in which the novel was set?
12. The Wing of Zock was named for what?
(a) A rich family who gave money to the hospital.
(b) A famous doctor who used to work at the House.
(c) A former nurse who was killed in a car crash.
(d) The chief resident.
13. Roy found Molly in tears one day for what reason?
(a) She found out her parents were getting divorced.
(b) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(c) She found a mole on her leg she thought was cancerous.
(d) She had a headache and was convinced she had a brain tumor.
14. What was Berry's reaction to Roy admitting he was having an affair?
(a) She was so surprised she almost fainted.
(b) She walked away and didn't say a word.
(c) She said as long as it went both ways, she was OK with it.
(d) She broke up with him.
15. What week is supposedly the "worst" week in the EW?
(a) The week after New Year's.
(b) The week before Christmas.
(c) The week between Christmas and New Year's.
(d) The week of the Superbowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Except for her ____________________, Berry is naked at the beginning of the novel.
2. Why does the Fat Man tell Potts not to hydrate his patient Ina?
3. Potts speaks of how he is strangely jealous of his brother because his profession is what?
4. Why is Otto Kreinberg allegedly so bitter?
5. What deliberate mistake made by an intern did the chief resident tell everyone about, which ended up getting the intern sent down to the Deep South?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)