Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophocles differs from Aeschylus in that Sophocles ______________________________.
2. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
3. Hamilton compares Sophocles to ________________.
4. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
5. Which of the following terms applies to the religion of the ancient Greeks?
Essay Topic 1
The reality of the mind affected Greek art and architecture. This reality was responsible for the way the Greeks viewed things and saw things. Comment on the statement and explain how. Why does the statement approach the Greek way of approaching a problem?
Essay Topic 2
The ancient Romans are said to have come closest to the accomplishments of the Greeks. Explain why? How did the ancient Roman society differ from that of the Greeks? What contribution did the ancient Romans make to civilization?
Essay Topic 3
What is the austere school to which Pindar belonged? What are the implications of this school? What were the effects of this school and why?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)