Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophocles differs from Aeschylus in that Sophocles ______________________________.
2. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
3. Hamilton compares Sophocles to ________________.
4. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
5. Which of the following terms applies to the religion of the ancient Greeks?
Essay Topic 1
It is said that if one wants to learn the ethics and values of a society, one should examine the work of the dramatists and writers of the time. Why? What is it that is reflected in the literature that can't be found anywhere else? Is this also true of the ancient Greeks?
Essay Topic 2
What is the austere school to which Pindar belonged? What are the implications of this school? What were the effects of this school and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are your impressions of the ancient Greeks and their accomplishments? Do you think they can or have been duplicated? Why or why not? Do you think they will every be duplicated? Why or why not?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)