|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek gods and goddesses began with the writing of _____________________________.
2. Compared to the other tragedians, Euripides is described as the _________________.
3. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
4. Of the ninety plays that Aeschylus wrote, how many have survived?
5. As a result of the Peloponnesian War, _______________________________________.
Essay Topic 1
The reality of the mind affected Greek art and architecture. This reality was responsible for the way the Greeks viewed things and saw things. Comment on the statement and explain how. Why does the statement approach the Greek way of approaching a problem?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of viewing things as part of a whole? How did this result in balance? How did this contribute to the greatness of the Greek society and thinkers?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three great Greek tragedy writers, Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides. Each of these writers was from a different period and the state of the Athenian society was reflected in their writing and beliefs. How does this come through in their plays?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)