|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
2. Thucydides wrote a history of the war between ______________________.
3. Which of the following is not one of the four elements common to every tragedy?
4. In designing a Greek building, the Greek architect takes into consideration ___________________.
5. Compared to the other tragedians, Euripides is described as the _________________.
Essay Topic 1
The reality of the mind affected Greek art and architecture. This reality was responsible for the way the Greeks viewed things and saw things. Comment on the statement and explain how. Why does the statement approach the Greek way of approaching a problem?
Essay Topic 2
It is said that if one wants to learn the ethics and values of a society, one should examine the work of the dramatists and writers of the time. Why? What is it that is reflected in the literature that can't be found anywhere else? Is this also true of the ancient Greeks?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the early Greek writers were concerned with the issues of power and wealth and war. Explain how power and wealth lead to war. What is it that a nation is fighting for and why? Apply this to the situation of Athens and Sparta.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)