Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Euripides' view of religion is that _____________________.
2. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
3. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
4. The tragedies of Aeschylus present death and suffering in a way that __________________________.
5. The Athenians and Spartans fought because _________________________.
The Eastern civilizations were totally different than the Athenian civilization. They emphasized different things and had a different life style. Compare and contrast the ancient Eastern civilization, as given by ancient Egypt, with the civilization established in Athens.
Compare and contrast the three great Greek tragedy writers, Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides. Each of these writers was from a different period and the state of the Athenian society was reflected in their writing and beliefs. How does this come through in their plays?
Explain how drama at the Theater of Dionysus was a form of religious worship. Why didn't the people have their religious needs satisfied by their gods and goddesses? What did they find in the theater that they didn't find in the temples?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)