Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophocles differs from Aeschylus in that Sophocles ______________________________.
2. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
3. Hamilton compares Sophocles to ________________.
4. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
5. Which of the following terms applies to the religion of the ancient Greeks?
What is the austere school to which Pindar belonged? What are the implications of this school? What were the effects of this school and why?
Compare and contrast the three great Greek tragedy writers, Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides. Each of these writers was from a different period and the state of the Athenian society was reflected in their writing and beliefs. How does this come through in their plays?
Freedom and liberty were the backbone of the ancient Athenian society. People prided themselves on their lifestyle and thinking. Explain what the role of freedom and liberty meant in ancient Athens. Would Athens have become the cradle of Western Civilization without these freedoms? Would they have achieved the great heights that they did achieve? Why or why not?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)