Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophocles differs from Aeschylus in that Sophocles ______________________________.
2. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
3. Hamilton compares Sophocles to ________________.
4. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
5. Which of the following terms applies to the religion of the ancient Greeks?
Essay Topic 1
What are your impressions of the ancient Greeks and their accomplishments? Do you think they can or have been duplicated? Why or why not? Do you think they will every be duplicated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three great Greek tragedy writers, Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides. Each of these writers was from a different period and the state of the Athenian society was reflected in their writing and beliefs. How does this come through in their plays?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the elements of Greek comedy and how it compares to modern comedy. Would a modern audience understand the mockery and satire? Do you think that modern audiences are as politically and culturally aware as the ancient Greeks were?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)