|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophocles differs from Aeschylus in that Sophocles ______________________________.
(a) introduces humon into the situation
(b) doesn't deal in morales
(c) draws the moral for his audience
(d) lets the audience draw its own conclusions
2. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
(a) Tyrant City
(b) City of Freedom
(c) City of Love
(d) Mighty City
3. Hamilton compares Sophocles to ________________.
(d) John Milton
4. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
(a) The History of the Peloponnesian War
(b) The Treatise on War
(c) A History of War
5. Which of the following terms applies to the religion of the ancient Greeks?
(d) holy book
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with Greek tragedy?
2. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
3. In both literary periods of tragedy, what was not true?
4. Which is one of the two periods of tragedy in literary history?
5. What characterizes the tragedies of Aeschylus?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)