|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compared to the other tragedians, Euripides is described as the _________________.
(a) most tragic
(d) most fatal
2. Until the time of Aeschylus, poetry was concerned with _____________________________.
(a) the misery of the world
(b) the beauty of the world
(c) pain and suffering
(d) the reality of life
3. Aeschylus felt that the cause of misery was _____________.
4. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
(a) Oedipus Rex
(c) Oesipus at Colonus
5. Which role did Aeschylus not fulfill?
(a) scenery designer
(b) theater owner
(c) costume designer
Short Answer Questions
1. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
2. What is the view of man?
3. Aeschylus believed in the _____________________.
4. What did the Greeks view as important in men?
5. Which of the following is not one of the four elements common to every tragedy?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)