|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most important oracle was at _________________.
2. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
(a) Tyrant City
(b) City of Freedom
(c) Mighty City
(d) City of Love
3. In Greek drama, the characters are viewed as ______________________.
(a) as scenery
(b) as separate and distinct individuals
(c) part of the whole
(d) as separate and individual entities
4. According to Schopenhauer, what world applies to the tragedies of Sophocles?
5. To the Greek thinkers, religion was ______________________.
(a) engorced by priests
(b) accepted by all as a necessary evil
(d) a search for the truth
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is one of the two periods of tragedy in literary history?
2. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
3. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
4. What are the terms Hamilton uses to describe the works of Sophocles?
5. According to Hamilton, Greek religion developed from _____________________________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)