Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Euripides' view of religion is that _____________________.
(a) the gods were inferior to humans
(b) religion and gods are ignoreed
(c) the gods were superior to humans
(d) the gods had to be obeyed
2. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
(a) there was no way to end the war
(b) Athens and Sparta fight to the bitter end
(c) Athens merge with Sparta
(d) Athens and Sparta hold peace talks at Delphi
3. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
(a) any kind of writer
(b) prose writers
(c) comedy writers
4. The tragedies of Aeschylus present death and suffering in a way that __________________________.
(a) depresses the audience
(b) makes it comical
(c) brings the audience to tears
(d) does not depress the audience
5. The Athenians and Spartans fought because _________________________.
(a) Athens was weaker than Sparta
(b) both were weak
(c) Sparta was weaker than Athens
(d) both were powerful
Short Answer Questions
1. Viewing things as part of the whole applies to all but _______________.
2. Who wrote the first Greek tragedy?
3. Of the ninety plays that Aeschylus wrote, how many have survived?
4. Before Aeschylus, Greek drama consisted of ____________________________.
5. Aeschylus was ______________________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)