|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
(a) disputes should be settled by war
(b) states should be orientated toward war
(c) all states should seek power
(d) diplomacy should be used to avert war
2. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
(a) A History of War
(b) The History of the Peloponnesian War
(c) The Treatise on War
3. What did the Greeks view as important in men?
(a) his lifestyle
(b) the qualities the individual shared with mankind
(c) the manner of presentation
(d) the personal qualities of the individual
4. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
5. What characterizes the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(c) passive acceptance
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the first Greek tragedy?
2. Which of the following terms would not represent the views of Sophocles?
3. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
4. To the Greek thinkers, religion was ______________________.
5. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)