|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hamilton, tragedy involves _________________________.
(c) the suffering of the soul
(d) physical pain
2. Thucydides wrote a history of the war between ______________________.
(a) Thebes and Peloponnesia
(b) Athens and Sparta
(c) Sparta and Thebes
(d) Athens and Rome
3. What did Sophocles feel about inner versus outer control?
(a) outer change does not affect inner control
(b) man has no cont rol over either
(c) man can control outer change
(d) outer change brings about inner chance
4. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
(d) average man
5. How many decades separated Sophocles from Aeschylus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aeschylus had been ________________________-.
2. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
3. Aeschylus believed in the _____________________.
4. Which of the following is not a play of Euripides'?
5. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)