|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Euripides' view of religion is that _____________________.
(a) the gods were inferior to humans
(b) the gods were superior to humans
(c) religion and gods are ignoreed
(d) the gods had to be obeyed
2. As a young man, Xenophon was ________________________.
(a) sent to work in Athens
(b) sent to study with Socrates
(c) sent to Athens to find a wife
(d) exiled from Sparta
3. What did Sophocles feel about inner versus outer control?
(a) man has no cont rol over either
(b) outer change does not affect inner control
(c) outer change brings about inner chance
(d) man can control outer change
4. The most important oracle was at _________________.
5. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
(c) average man
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a play of Euripides'?
2. The Greeks were concerned with _______________________.
3. Xenophon felt that it was significant ________________________________.
4. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
5. The subject of Greek tragedy came from _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the characters in a Greek play viewed?
2. What were Thucydides' views on power and wealth?
3. Why did Thucydides write a book on the war between Athens and Sparta?
4. What are the characteristics of Greek tragedy?
5. Explain why the Theater of Dionysus was a religious experience for the audience.
6. How did Sophocles and Aeschylus differ on their views of freedom and law?
7. In what ways does Sophocles differ from Aeschylus?
8. Why did the Peloponnesian War take place?
9. What were Xenophon's views on war?
10. Why did Euripides write Trojan Women?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)