Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the schools
(b) wherever men met
(c) in the forums
(d) in the temples
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(b) Julius Caesar
3. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) the teachers were the literary class
(b) there was a literary class
(c) the priests were the literary class
(d) there was no literary class
4. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
5. What was not a function of the chorus?
(a) to sing
(b) to dance
(c) to present the author's views and opinions
(d) to answer questions from the audience
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek artist was __________________________.
2. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
3. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
4. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
5. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the characteristics of Greek tragedy?
2. What is a characteristic of the characters of Aeschylus?
3. What did Aristophanes and Gilbert have in common?
4. What were the characteristics of the austere school of writing?
5. What was the world's first Academy?
6. Who is Herodotus?
7. What are the four elements in every tragedy?
8. How did Euripides treat religion?
9. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
10. What were the characteristics of the ancient world in which Athens existed?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)